NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

Hi guys, I will probably post a pic later today, but has anyone had issues with the Mark 43?

Mine seems to have an assembly problem where the lower torso is not plugged into the centre of the upper torso, it's pretty much all the way off to the left side when left in a neutral position. Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, it is possible to correct it?

I haven't had an issue with that figure specifically but I've had others where it looks like the Torso is off to the side. That issue is likely because it has a ball joint at the hip and it's just off center. It may freak you out but try heating it up and forcing it back to the middle.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response, the area that I'm talking about is actually the diaphragm joint where the stomach plugs into the chest, though. But if it's something as simple as heating it up, I think I can handle that.

Thanks for the response, the area that I'm talking about is actually the diaphragm joint where the stomach plugs into the chest, though. But if it's something as simple as heating it up, I think I can handle that.

Heat it up and try to push it back into place. Some force may be required but be careful at the same time.

Heat it up and try to push it back into place. Some force may be required but be careful at the same time.

Thanks! I'll take a picture tonight first before attempting the fix just to make sure we're talking about the same thing. Everything else with the figure is fantastic!

NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

Hi guys, I will probably post a pic later today, but has anyone had issues with the Mark 43?

Mine seems to have an assembly problem where the lower torso is not plugged into the centre of the upper torso, it's pretty much all the way off to the left side when left in a neutral position. Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, it is possible to correct it?

I haven't had that with my Mark 43, but I have this exact situation with my Batman Begins 1/4. I tried heating it a lot when I got it, but never could change it. I'm able to move it upright and into place and it will stay so it's not a big deal, but when posing it always likes to move to the same position.

Wonder if it's a double ball peg and one of the balls is stuck or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20161226_234823_resized.jpg

Hi guys, here it is. Thanks for any advice you guys can give me.

I haven't had that with my Mark 43, but I have this exact situation with my Batman Begins 1/4. I tried heating it a lot when I got it, but never could change it. I'm able to move it upright and into place and it will stay so it's not a big deal, but when posing it always likes to move to the same position.

Wonder if it's a double ball peg and one of the balls is stuck or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted the picture, can either of you please take a look for me?

It might be more helpful if you take it out of the box.

Even through the clear cover, I think the issue is still quite visible, the abdomen section seems to be permanently on the left side (our left, not the figure's left) relative to the chest. I did take it out to handle it prior to posting but I didn't try applying heat yet. Everything else seems fine and if it's a problem can be fixed, I'd rather not have to go through the process of returning it.

It might be more helpful if you take it out of the box.

I can take a new picture out of the box after I get home, but I don't have the figure with me at the moment. The double ball joint thing definitely sounds very likely, but what would be the best way to heat up that joint?

Okay, I see what you mean. Initially I thought the chest sticking out was the problem.
What exactly have you tried to fix it?

Okay, I see what you mean. Initially I thought the chest sticking out was the problem.
What exactly have you tried to fix it?

I think the chest appears to be sticking out is caused by the fact that the abdomen section is not centred. I mainly just tried to wiggle and twist around that diaphragm joint but to no avail.

A few posters above me mentioned they were able to fix misalignment issues by applying heat and moving it once heated. I mainly just wanna check with y'all to make sure we're on the same page (in case there are any confusions about my initial description) and get some more insight as to what might be causing this problem and whether or not heat is the right solution here.

BTW, what would be the best way to apply heat to the diaphragm joint? Are there any precautions I should take to avoid damaging the figure?

It's hard to tell from that picture, but if you're planning to heat it, use a hair dryer and give it 30 seconds or so, then try moving it. Be careful with the pain/heat.

I know there is a spring at the top of that abdomen piece which is why the chest part would sometimes sit sideways on the abdomen. I don't remember if there is a spring at the pelvis. If there is that's what could be causing it to not be centered.

I know there is a spring at the top of that abdomen piece which is why the chest part would sometimes sit sideways on the abdomen. I don't remember if there is a spring at the pelvis. If there is that's what could be causing it to not be centered.

Hi Fellow Freaks,

With some heat and a little bit of force, I was able to free up the diaphragm joint that was originally not moving. Thanks for all the help!

Question: When can you find replacement batteries for the MK43 Iron Man?

It requires 1.5v LR262 Cell Batteries.

Got my Deadpool yesterday. By pure luck I stumbled upon him at EBGAMES of all places. Ended up cancelling my pre-order I had placed.

I gotta say, this is definitely their best Marvel figure so far and one of their best 1/4 figures. Really well done. My only complaints so far are that his right shoulder joint seems just a little too loose (feels just a bit too oily), and I love the detail on the head sculpt but I think the squint is just a bit too extreme. Looks weird straight on but from an angle it looks fine.

I just love the amount of accessories he comes with and the articulation. So many different posing options. I think I'm going to have lots of fun with this one. He's just loaded with stuff. All the guns are fantastic and the little details are incredible. It's nice to finally have a Deadpool in the collection.

e5052644d3c88b1029e7c6765fa1f01e.jpg
cf14bfd69134ba3eac72bf570397335c.jpg
c601cde91eb2d570a0edd4299fab3c61.jpg

Can't believe I have 15 of these 1/4 figures now. Definitely worth making room for. I love each and every one.
ee3b500e8402a683a43bc5072faae5d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Back