NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

I'm against rubber or even soft PVC. Honestly, looking at all his joints, do people really think hiding that one joint is going to magically transform this to almost looking like a statue instead of a figure?

I'd rather it be made as is with materials that'll stand the test of time.

Yes it is, anything fine with me but AB joint. I am not expecting rubber, just give solid PVC. Its kind of funny Neca not give AB joint on their 7 inch figure but on figure this big

I just hope that the articulation isn't limited to a statue pose (where it only looks good in one pose). I hope he can move around a bit. Looking at the pics, it seems to be able to. And maybe I'm in the minority, but I kinda would prefer a non flexed chest. It's not a deal breaker, but would prefer more of a soft look like the PF hulk statue. I think we've had a lot of ripped hulks in all of our smaller figs.

All the figures of Hulk I have look pretty relaxed so this figure's look is very welcome with me.

Its kind of funny Neca not give AB joint on their 7 inch figure but on figure this big

Um, guess you're out of touch with their 7" offerings lately.

18622480600_b4e846a2c1_b.jpg

18810192545_a7391a2177_b.jpg

8403117188_0f19dfed2f_b.jpg

NECA_dutch_10.jpg

IMG_5786.jpg

16222731866_0f98223df0_b.jpg

15003965465_7b3223a322_b.jpg

NECA balances their joints and articulation with what suits the character. Characters that don't need complex posing like Bishop from Aliens don't have an abs joint, figures that do more action poses have it, so of course Hulk does.

All the figures of Hulk I have look pretty relaxed so this figure's look is very welcome with me.

Um, guess you're out of touch with their 7" offerings lately.

NECA balances their joints and articulation with what suits the character. Characters that don't need complex posing like Bishop from Aliens don't have an abs joint, figures that do more action poses have it, so of course Hulk does.

My bad, they still indeed give ab joint for several of them . But I prefer seamless AB like their teminator.

I though hip joint is enough for Hulk pose

Both figures look great. Mark 43 is a good alternative for those who want to save $$$ vs HT's price. Just use HT's photos as reference to copy the weathering effects and it would look like a $400 figure :)

Hulk would surely be at least $150. Their Knifehead is at that price range and Hulk is definitely bigger than that kaiju!

NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

cfcbbdee742d13c36756c9ba3872afc3.jpg

The Neca version of Iron man looks great until you go back and look at the Hot Toys version. The black panels lines on the Neca cheapen the look.. And he looks like he is sad lol. Could look amazing with a repaint but very solid as is for the expected price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than the odd expression, Hulk looks like the first Neca product worth owning. Just need to make proper ripped purple jeans....

Just heard it will be close to $300.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Yeah, just saw that on Pixel Dan's SDCC video. Gotta admit, despite the size and nice quality of the sculpt, I'm surprised NECA is charging that much. Hopefully, this isn't a new trend for NECA's prices.

That's a big fail if that's the case. For that price I'll stick to the Hot Toys. It shouldn't be more than $150.

The damn thing is 2ft tall. $200 would have been fair; any less I think would be low balling NECA. But yeah, $300 is for "high end" collectibles and would also push me toward HT too.

All I know is if they do actually charge ~$300, they better not expect their shotty paint work to fly on a $300 figure. Also, a stand better be included, because if he falls, not only will he be destroyed, but any figure/thing he takes out will be demolished as well.

Back