NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

Correct, HT open mouth looks like he's ready to go to sleep. :lol

I think a big factor in how it looks is the size to his face. NECA's mouth almost takes up his whole face like he's really stretching out his skin in a roar, HT's is quite small relative to his face in comparison so it comes off more like he's just opening up to let us look inside :lol

NECA's hair also looks better.

Iron Man looks better proportioned than their first one, not anorexic this time :lol

I'm not knocking HT just to knock them, but seeing what someone else has achieved shows room for HT to push themselves. They sculpted a perfect depiction of the Avengers Hulk model, but for a character full of rage, seeing something like NECA just shows how relaxed looking HT went and that they could push his anger further.

I think HT is a little gun shy about stuff like that because of the huge backlash on the dx04 Bruce lee body. Their first sculpt was super ripped/flexed, and everybody complained (rightfully so in my opinion). I think ht is just playing it safe. Neca really has nothing to lose, plus I think Neca sculptors have a little more creativity and personality in their work.

Plus the material, easier for Neca to show more ripped muscle.

I don't know, I'm sure HT and NECA are sculpting in similar materials to build their sculpts, it's just what they're ultimately cast in, plastic or rubber-type material. I don't think materials stop HT, just choice. All their muscle bodies have a very relaxed look to them.

I am trying to find a decent priced quarter scale captain america (not battle damaged ) online. Does anyone know where I can find one for 60ish or so? Or anyone willing to sell theirs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I am trying to find a decent priced quarter scale captain america (not battle damaged ) online. Does anyone know where I can find one for 60ish or so? Or anyone willing to sell theirs?

Weren't stores damn near giving them away back in the day? Shouldn't be too hard to find.

Weren't stores damn near giving them away back in the day? Shouldn't be too hard to find.
I guess I missed the boat. The cheapest I could find is 85 bucks from cornerstorecomics,but have to play for shipping

I guess I missed the boat. The cheapest I could find is 85 bucks from cornerstorecomics,but have to play for shipping

Yeah, I know that feeling all too much. Happens to me like 95% of the time. It jus sucks because I ALWAYS see them at the local toy shows for bare bones super dirt cheap. I wouldn't give up on the search yet bro. It's not like people are knocking down the doors to get these.

It looks an inch too short for scale with Iron Man but I am definitely buying them both. Thank goodness NECA is stepping up to take my money. LOL.

Hulk looks so good but AB joint ruin it. Give me solid piece of body , I am ok without any articulation

Mark 43 looks so sweet there

Yeah the ab articulation is the only bad thing they should do what they did with Superman ....Rubber for that area

Yeah the ab articulation is the only bad thing they should do what they did with Superman ....Rubber for that area

Whoa whoa whoa! NO RUBBER AT ALLL!!! Don't need a hulk that has a huge top half , with a skinny twig holding him together due to the deterioration of the "rubber"

Is not rubber is like a soft plastic ...idk if you have the superman Reeves

Hopefully if we voice our opinion loud enough it's not too late for them to change it. I spoke up in their official FB group. At this size and with a price (guessing) of $150+ he should lean more towards looking like a display item than a toy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already paid for the Hot Toys 1/4 XLIII so seeing this kind of kills, but a quick repaint and I'll have a 1/4 scale Mark 42 :rock

I'm against rubber or even soft PVC. Honestly, looking at all his joints, do people really think hiding that one joint is going to magically transform this to almost looking like a statue instead of a figure?

I'd rather it be made as is with materials that'll stand the test of time.

I just hope that the articulation isn't limited to a statue pose (where it only looks good in one pose). I hope he can move around a bit. Looking at the pics, it seems to be able to. And maybe I'm in the minority, but I kinda would prefer a non flexed chest. It's not a deal breaker, but would prefer more of a soft look like the PF hulk statue. I think we've had a lot of ripped hulks in all of our smaller figs.

So we know they can do a large 24 inch figure...Let me be the one to suggest a neca version of Hulkbuster!! You can Do IT!!!!!

Back