NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic job, Saigon. Your Keaton Batman looks like a $500 figure now! :clap

Props to Saigon that really looks awesome. I wish I had the talent to do stuff like that

Thanks a lot guys! This was actually my first time painting a figure. I thought I'd be worried about messing him up, but considering the figure only costs ~$90, it wasn't too scary! Painting a figure is A LOT more forgiving than I realized. Just have to take your time, take breaks, reevaluate your work and then keep tweaking it until it's what you want. Pretty happy with how he turned out and really had fun!

Neca did a great job on this figure. I think they said on twitter few weeks back that they would be doing an 18" Ledger Joker. Very curious to see how that one will turn out.

I wouldn't buy a 18"Ledger Joker unless I knew for sure they were going to make a Bale Batman to go with it. I cant have one and not the other.

I agree with you completely on that. They unfortunately haven't said anything about doing a Bale batman thus far.

They've said that they'll do a Bale Batman but not soon. They originally said too many TDK stuff out now and then recently they said they want to focus a bit on other characters other than Batman (66 Robin, TDK Joker).

Great figure considering its size and price point. The cape, gloves and boot tips are a little too shiny, and his eye pupils are pointed at his nose. Nothing that can't be fixed with a steady hand repaint and custom cape though. Even after investing in these mods to correct it, it would still be a heck of a lot cheaper than other companies' 1/4 scale figures.

Just got mine. Its a nice figure but cant compare with others that cost 3x more the $. You ll get what you pay for, but this is a good figure.

thanks to sallahs great review, bbts just picked up another sale for this figure from me.

have to agree that this figure looks fantastic. after being lucky enough to pick up the hot toys version i thought i had all i needed from 89 batman.

Mine shows up thursday. Depending on the paint, I may do a quick repaint as well.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

nice review, subscribed
btw, love the couch discussion with your son, would love to be able to do that with my son when he gets older

Who's got the best deal on this guy? I know shipping is a lot due to the size but he just looks amazing and thanks to @Sallah, I need this lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks to sallahs great review, bbts just picked up another sale for this figure from me.

have to agree that this figure looks fantastic. after being lucky enough to pick up the hot toys version i thought i had all i needed from 89 batman.

Aww... Thanks fellas! :1-1: I really appreciate the kind words! And I am happy to hear that I played a little part in helping more of these guys find homes! :yess:

^ There will never be enough 89 Batman stuff.

:exactly::goodpost: Man after my own heart... :hi5:

Sallah

I picked up this figure a last week from cornerstorecomics in Anaheim and when i went back to my moms place today I see a UPS package on her desk.... I totally forgot i pre-ordered this badboy months ago...... I dont see why I need two, so if anyone is local in the san gabriel valley and doesnt have one I'll let it go for what i paid. which was roughly $90. 85$+ $6 tax. I wont include the shipping I had to pay from cornerstorecomics. so if anyone wants it, its theirs for $90. PM me if interested . I'm not trying to ship it because I already lost out on $10 shipping from cornerstorecomics... so local pick up preferred

Just got done playing around with this guy and trying different poses. Man...he is a great figure. Gets me excited for what else might be in store. All this '89 love is awesome and I say keep it coming, but I'm really hoping for a Returns suit from either Hot Toys or Neca. Heck, I'd be happy to see it pop up in Mattel's 4" line. Just gimme one!

My figure will be here Thursday! So excited but nervous at the same time. I just hope it doesn't have flaws. My Elder Predator I got last week had a smashed face.

This is my second Bats. The first came with the right leg snapped off in the box. Very disappointing, but Neca was really great at getting me a refund so I could order it from somewhere else.

I just picked up mine from Unmasked in Millburn, NJ. Great local shop! Support our local collectible/toy stores: https://www.unmaskedcollectibles.com/

This figure kicks ***. Much like the 19-20" Preds and the majority of NECA's & McFarlane's 18-1/4 scale offerings, these figures are a dream come true. For about $100 these are the best any of us can ask for. I have mine displayed next to my Terminator PFs, Jason PF & Enterbay HD-1002, he blends right in, you cannot tell he he 1/3 the price of the others. Another HOME RUN for NECA.

Just saw this at my local comic store and it's a great looking piece. At $100 you can't beat it. They also, had the Adam West Batman as well and that was even better!

Just saw this at my local comic store and it's a great looking piece. At $100 you can't beat it. They also, had the Adam West Batman as well and that was even better!

agreed. i didn't see the West figure.

I have about 20 McFarlane & NECA 18"-1/4 scale figures, the box on this one is gorgeous, BY FAR their most attractive offering. Part of me didn't want to take him out because it was such a nice presentation by NECA.

Back