Action Figure NECA 1/4 Affleck BVS BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post pics when done with that supes sir...Thinking of picking up Neca supes and replacing the head like you did.

Thank you crows. I think it really depends on how you look at the figure. Some people would be fine with the Neca as is or customize the head or totally replace it.

But I think we can all agree that neca have great 1/4 figures with not too great head sculpts.

Im pretty damn happy with mine.... To hey if they have the patiece and all the cutting into the jakks body more power to them.

13692969_10154345234939346_6867746230767302830_o.jpg

Im just saying that Technically, you know technically the Jakks head is More screen accurate. Technically the NECA body and the Jakks head is what it looked like on the movie

the neca texture they added is completely wrong. is very off. I dont know why NECA did this, the head is supposed to be smooth and without any texture if you look at the movie pics.

I know cutting the Jakks cowl off is really difficult and not everyone wants to risk it but im saying as far as accuracy goes, that's the accurate look because NECA adding that rough texture and all those lines is not accurate.

I Do think is really really cool you guys found a way to fix the neca figure and I think it is amazing the way you guys figure out how to fix it and I completely applaud you for it, you guys did a great job at fixing the head. thats very impressive that you guys were able to fix it.

But some people in here were saying that the lack of texture on Jakks made it look bad or made it look cheap or made it look wrong

But thats what I posted the pics of the movie because the lack of texture makes it screen accurate

the real cowl is so smooth it even shines

neca's texture is completely off, batman's cowl NEVER looked that rough. not only did they gave him a ridiculous long face

but neca gave it the WRONG TEXTURE Is SUPPOSED TO BE smooth and soft and shiny.....wtf did neca do?

the lack of texture in Jakks head ACTUALLY is screen accurate!

Naw, I've seen the suit in person and there is in fact a "leather texture". You just can't notice it in such low resolution pictures. Trust me, it's there and very noticeable. It's just that NECA over did it a little bit. Jakks didn't incorporate it AT ALL which is wrong. Both heads have pros and cons, but the factory NECA is terrible, where as the factory Jakks is better. With mods NECA's actually holds up, especially in person, and Jakks is the better head. Both are good in their own ways.

EDIT: After checking out the Jakks Batman at TRU, There is definitely some subtle texturing on the cowl, more on the neck. So it is a bit more movie accurate than I had imagined!

If NECA decides to translate their !/4 affleck to 7 inches it will be SO much better. I'm sure they will keep the mask texture (as they did with Keaton) and it will be scaled down appropriately. Usually their heads are far better proportioned in the lower scale (Reeve, Keaton, and West especially) They are slightly longer in 1/4 scale for some odd reason, and end up looking much better in the 7 inch scale. Of course the paint application is worse, and the details are softer, but nothing a great paint app couldn't fix.

Post pics when done with that supes sir...Thinking of picking up Neca supes and replacing the head like you did.

Yeah man. I did a disassembly pics of the Neca sup head in the man of steel thread. Here's some images I haven't posted there yet. I got my man of steel from calendars.com for $45 but when I check today it went back $90. I was hoping to share the deal, but they updated the price.

image.jpg

Added a bit of a wrinkle on his center forehead which I think would add a better expression.
image.jpg

Hope no one gets upset of me posting the superman images in a batman forum. Just sharing folks.:)

Yeah man. I did a disassembly pics of the Neca sup head in the man of steel thread. Here's some images I haven't posted there yet. I got my man of steel from calendars.com for $45 but when I check today it went back $90. I was hoping to share the deal, but they updated the price.

View attachment 279772

Added a bit of a wrinkle on his center forehead which I think would add a better expression.
View attachment 279773

Hope no one gets upset of me posting the superman images in a batman forum. Just sharing folks.:)
Is looking better already. Excellent job sir.

I'm really hoping NECA makes the entire Justice League in 1/4 now.
6c842d9b51be92c304d480fdd482adbd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They won't. They are LIMITED to 5 DC 1/4's a year... With Returns Batman coming next year that knocks it down to 4.

Returns Batman isn't guaranteed keep in mind (though you are right, it's practically confirmed).

I could see them doing Wonder Woman with her solo flick coming out, and her being in Justice League, and the praise she got in BVS.

Returns Batman isn't guaranteed keep in mind (though you are right, it's practically confirmed).

I could see them doing Wonder Woman with her solo flick coming out, and her being in Justice League, and the praise she got in BVS.

The most I could see would be Batman(pretty much an guarantee) Superman and Wonder Woman. The Rest not so much.

I ran into this figure at the store today, and...i was wrong. Pics don't do it justice. It's actually very good. Took it home with me.

Just discovered something interesting. I've seen posts saying the cowl doesn't line up with the Bat symbol. Well, guess what? The cowl actually slides left/right. Just found out by accident.

I didnt know that about the 5 figures thing...

But Randy didnt have any interest in making an Armored Batman or BVS Superman, so it would probably depend on the reception to the movie, with a little of Randy's personal feelings factored in.

Back