Action Figure NECA 1/4 Affleck BVS BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, it's not a home run like the other batman's have been, but I actually like it! The video and some in hand pictures look better to me with a little better likeness of Affleck than I thought. Still not sure if I'll pick it up.

The cape does look great but I do have to ask, why the long face? He looks so sad. :lol

Well...
160328101911-sad-ben-affleck-daily-hit-newday-00004130-large-169.jpg

Found out that reviewer said the head was stuck and can turn his head 45 degrees. If thats teh case then it has to be on an ball joint may still pick it up and see what I can do to mod the jakks head to fit.

Found out that reviewer said the head was stuck and can turn his head 45 degrees. If thats teh case then it has to be on an ball joint may still pick it up and see what I can do to mod the jakks head to fit.

Not a bad idea!

Isn't Jakk's head much bigger?

Are you guys going for the bobble head look?

There's a 31" big fig sold at Toys R Us and Walmart and a scaled down 20" version sold at Target and Walmart.

The 20" version shouldn't be that much bigger than this 18" NECA one here.

There's a 31" big fig sold at Toys R Us and Walmart and a scaled down 20" version sold at Target and Walmart.

The 20" version shouldn't be that much bigger than this 18" NECA one here.
The jakks and this one are both 19 so should work out fine. Gonna repaint this guy as well. Darker grey.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Man. I'm super, super disappointed. The face is off. What's with the paint on the fins? And the chest looks wonky. No articulation at the abs? What the hell happened? I've loved all of the other 1/4 Bats. This is a disappointment.

Just got back from FrankNSons and bought my Neca Batfleck. First immediate impressions, need to change the head, the bat symbol is off kilter ( not sure if I can fix it) Edit: Yup, it can be it's just the left ear of the bat that offsets it. Initially, I thought the chest might be too narrow but because it's flexible rubber, like Reeve Superman, it can be pushed from the back to make it broader it wanted.

Belt is movable - so great as I think it needs to be lower.

Definitely need to repaint some areas, maybe the whole thing needs to be darkened a bit.

So the head - great texture. Love the paint apps on the eyes. I think the head size may be slightly too big for the body. There's two ways I am thinking of fixing the head. One - just take off the entire cowl system and replace it with Jakks ( better sculpt but lacking in texture) OR The original sculpt is not bad, it is actually the mouth piece that makes it awful. It almost seems as if they sculpted the head piece and at one point decided to replace the mouth piece with another sculpt but the placement is off. The chin just out too much. If I can cut out the mouth piece and slightly push it up and in; it might look better.

No complaints on articulation, very wide range of movements; double jointed as well in certain areas. But very massive pieces, once the joints are moved they feel like they become immediately loose. Ratchet system on some articulation.

Just got back from FrankNSons and bought my Neca Batfleck. First immediate impressions, need to change the head, the bat symbol is off kilter ( not sure if I can fix it) Edit: Yup, it can be it's just the left ear of the bat that offsets it. Initially, I thought the chest might be too narrow but because it's flexible rubber, like Reeve Superman, it can be pushed from the back to make it broader it wanted.

Belt is movable - so great as I think it needs to be lower.

Definitely need to repaint some areas, maybe the whole thing needs to be darkened a bit.

So the head - great texture. Love the paint apps on the eyes. I think the head size may be slightly too big for the body. There's two ways I am thinking of fixing the head. One - just take off the entire cowl system and replace it with Jakks ( better sculpt but lacking in texture) OR The original sculpt is not bad, it is actually the mouth piece that makes it awful. It almost seems as if they sculpted the head piece and at one point decided to replace the mouth piece with another sculpt but the placement is off. The chin just out too much. If I can cut out the mouth piece and slightly push it up and in; it might look better.

No complaints on articulation, very wide range of movements; double jointed as well in certain areas. But very massive pieces, once the joints are moved they feel like they become immediately loose. Ratchet system on some articulation.
Would you recommend picking this up? Or would it be worth just waiting for the hot toys?

I'm getting the HT as well. I feel that they are separate classes. If you can afford it and want a high quality rendition of the character, I would wait for the HT version. If you want a cheaper, durable and massive version; you can get this one. I have the MOS neca version (which is why I bought this) and compared to that this figure is better as it doesn't have the thigh articulation cut. Now that I have it in-hand it is better proportionally over all than I thought it would be. The face is the biggest gripe on this, everything else is easily mod-able.

NECA DOJ BATMAN custom WIP

Here are some WIP pictures for now
- repainted the headsculpt
- reshape the head by using styrene plastic plates to widen the face

Next
- repaint the full suit
- repaint the gauntlet
- repaint the boots
- repaint belt (reposition the belt)
- and of course new cape

Personal thought?
- the figure is actually pretty good, not accurate, can be better

- the headsculpt is actually very spot on, but due to the inner neck connector, it force the head to be more narrow. Also if the face is about more squeeze from top to down, the likeness is there, but I'm sure the mold is what's costing this headaculpt likeness to look off..... The QC could have been done better, nice try

- the paint job is what really throw the likeness off by far. But I'm not complaining....., for $80-100, this is good enough for me until Hot Toys release theirs.

- as for the rest....., suit is well done, very nice articulation for good posing (already able to do poses that I'm pretty sure HT's version will not be able to do) and nice set of extra hands. Isn't expect much from a figure around $100 bucks.

- cape....., could have been done better with more movie accurate fabric material. Pattern is also wrong by far. But for the price, I'm okay with it.

I just got it and it's amazing for its price. Not a lot of Ben Affleck on the sculpt, but it's a quality piece nevertheless.

Zf8pDUa.jpg
[/URL]

huQUgxv.jpg
[/URL]

oWCaBRV.jpg
[/URL]

NECA DOJ BATMAN custom WIP

Here are some WIP pictures for now
- repainted the headsculpt
- reshape the head by using styrene plastic plates to widen the face

Next
- repaint the full suit
- repaint the gauntlet
- repaint the boots
- repaint belt (reposition the belt)
- and of course new cape

Personal thought?
- the figure is actually pretty good, not accurate, can be better

- the headsculpt is actually very spot on, but due to the inner neck connector, it force the head to be more narrow. Also if the face is about more squeeze from top to down, the likeness is there, but I'm sure the mold is what's costing this headaculpt likeness to look off..... The QC could have been done better, nice try

- the paint job is what really throw the likeness off by far. But I'm not complaining....., for $80-100, this is good enough for me until Hot Toys release theirs.

- as for the rest....., suit is well done, very nice articulation for good posing (already able to do poses that I'm pretty sure HT's version will not be able to do) and nice set of extra hands. Isn't expect much from a figure around $100 bucks.

- cape....., could have been done better with more movie accurate fabric material. Pattern is also wrong by far. But for the price, I'm okay with it.

Amazing Tony!!! How did you widen the face with the styrene plastic plates to widen the face?

that looks geat tony
for those consiering the jakks head swap
jakks 20 inch bats head on neca man of steel ,looks close in terms of scale
27259514671_84433efcbb_z.jpg
U64Cdi

27296764476_35329e8e43_z.jpg

Last edited:
Back