Action Figure NECA 1/4 Affleck BVS BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Affleck Batman head isn't that bad unless you take really bad pictures like this:
36e59c4ae32f736a56a2c0f6d8d657cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

True, lens distortion and such. But on the other hand, even in good pics it's not that good either.

So Randy's teasing a 1/4 Wonder Woman now. Hopefully it's good. I had asked them about a 1/4 WW a couple months ago and he said it wouldn't happen. Knew that was bs lol.

I hope it's better than the BVS Batman (and I really enjoy that figure despite the head which isn't that bad imo). If she turns out great I may have to go back and get the MOS Superman to have the trinity, but boy is that figure a mess.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Even if the head is crap just swap out the head with the jakks. Same with superman.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tell you the truth I rather have a Armor Bats over WW...I mean I like WW but Armor Bats would look Beast.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Was walking through a local store here in Australia and managed to pick up a Jakks Pacific Wonder Woman on sale. They also had a Batfleck so I thought why the hell not try the head swap idea?...

Here's a test fit after removing the head along with a new cape I've started with remnants from doing my '89 Batman.

IMG_20170222_155300_068.jpg

Was walking through a local store here in Australia and managed to pick up a Jakks Pacific Wonder Woman on sale. They also had a Batfleck so I thought why the hell not try the head swap idea?...

Here's a test fit after removing the head along with a new cape I've started with remnants from doing my '89 Batman.

View attachment 325863
Not bad but the neck is too long. Still best way is to get it modified.
7cfba74fc6ad1dc5cc0e79ba2677385c.jpg

Not bad but the neck is too long. Still best way is to get it modified.
7cfba74fc6ad1dc5cc0e79ba2677385c.jpg
I did say test fit. Having both in hand the sculpt is better on the Jakks Pacific. There are way too many things on the NECA to try and fix such as the long face and protruding bottom lip. Some issues aren't too hard to fix but others are extremely difficult e.g. the protruding lip that you can see on yours.

I'm going to be adjusting the neck on it and after some paint it will blend in seamlessly with the rest of the figure. Based on the test fit I think it will turn out to be the best of both worlds.

I did say test fit. Having both in hand the sculpt is better on the Jakks Pacific. There are way too many things on the NECA to try and fix such as the long face and protruding bottom lip. Some issues aren't too hard to fix but others are extremely difficult e.g. the protruding lip that you can see on yours.

I'm going to be adjusting the neck on it and after some paint it will blend in seamlessly with the rest of the figure. Based on the test fit I think it will turn out to be the best of both worlds.
Yeah the lip sucks...but I do like the cowl better on the Neca. I think the jakks looks good just with a repaint.

I do like the texture of the cowl on the NECA, though that's one thing I'm hoping to replicate in the painting process...
Nice. Keep us updated ...I always wanted to see the Neca Sups with the jakks head.

Here's my current progress:

IMG_20170223_194833_266.jpg

The left image is from yesterday after I test fit the head. The right is from today. I've shortened the neck - for those considering potentially doing this I cut down to the first crease in the cowl on the back of the neck. I've then painted it flat black and when doing that did a reasonably heavy coat, allowed it to semi dry and then used a swatch of the pleather that I bought for the cape and applied that to it lightly and the removed it so it textured the paint. Here's a close-up:

IMG20170223195514.jpg

I also started on his facial hair, but that's early days. Definitely heading in the right direction though!

That looks SICK. :clap

How did you paint the body? And could you post a front-on shot of his head/shoulders?

That looks SICK. :clap

How did you paint the body? And could you post a front-on shot of his head/shoulders?
Cheers. :)

I just did a wash with a satin black paint and then scoured it lightly so that the raised detailing showed through more of the original grey.

Here's a front on shot. Still got to work on the skin and stubble more and I'm toying with the idea of putting some doll eyes in but that's quite a big step for me - haven't done anything like that before.

IMG_20170223_205059_031.jpg

Cheers. :)

I just did a wash with a satin black paint and then scoured it lightly so that the raised detailing showed through more of the original grey.

Here's a front on shot. Still got to work on the skin and stubble more and I'm toying with the idea of putting some doll eyes in but that's quite a big step for me - haven't done anything like that before.

View attachment 326159
That's coming along great! Excited to see where this goes.

An update:

IMG20170225080545.jpg

The cape is done. Did another coat in the cowl to bring the texture out a little more. Also worked on the stubble etc. Just have to do a very light matt coat on the suit and cowl and then I can sort out those eyes...

I know I said it already, but again, that looks awesome. One of the best Batfleck figures I've seen.

Back