Action Figure NECA 1/4 Affleck BVS BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look, YES the face does suck, the cowl lifted from the shoulders does suck....

BUT...BUY HIM!

Why?

Because he's a cinematic Batman and has great shelf presence, that's why!

His bad parts DO NOT ruin the great parts!

Don't hesitate, you will NOT be disappointed!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpeg

Great pics! The grey Batsuit definitely makes him stand out next to the other figures. Really hoping the Justice League suit is grey too, just because it's a breath of fresh air.

Great pics! The grey Batsuit definitely makes him stand out next to the other figures. Really hoping the Justice League suit is grey too, just because it's a breath of fresh air.

The JL suit is gonna be somewhat different heres an description of it. So hopefully NECA makes that suit as well.

During a recent Justice League set visit, costume designer Michael Wilkinson, who previously worked on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, revealed that The Dark Knight (Ben Affleck) will be wearing two Bat-suits in the film.

The one they call the "Classic Bat-suit" will be worn throughout most of film. It is similar to suit Batman wore in the previous film, but it has been tweaked and improved upon.
"People who look very closely might notice that we have these new armor plates underneath the mesh, the carbon fiber weave on his suit," Wilkinson explained. "So we thought it would be cool for him to have a few very carefully placed pieces of armor hidden underneath his bat suit. The seaming is also we cannot put this very graphic way of doing the seaming that we like the breakup of the suit.

"We've come up with a new cowl. It's very close to the last one, but again new technologies, new materials (now made from polyurethane instead of foam latex), tweaking has allowed us to take that one even further. One big new detail is that Zach wanted the idea that there's a little more sense of armor and deflection on his gauntlets when he is shot at. So I designed this thing based on a Samurai. We borrowed it from Bruce Wayne's history too, so it has a connection with Asian Martial arts in Japan. So I thought that would be perfect. We modernized it to the Wayne Tech aesthetic here. We changed the straight shank of the blade from last time. It's something a little more aggressive."

The second suit, which they call the "Tactical Bat-suit," has been tweaked and ramped up a little bit with more protection, so that Batman can handle the more powerful threats that appear later on in the film.

"So in the final chapter of our film, Batman realizes he has to step up his game a little bit and he and Alfred have been working on developing a suit that's even more protective and offers more deflection than the classic suit," he shared. "So in a sense, it's piece of armor. You can see the artwork here. This is something we're still developing.

"We won't shoot this for about two months, which seems like two years in the costuming world. But we have two months to develop this. This is the artwork here. So you can see the classic suit underneath, but on top are straps and layers of the carbon fiber, strengthening armor plates, he's got sort of a leather layer upon here that he is strapping all over his plates onto the wrapping around his body and offering just a little more protection than the old. He's also going to get a new cowl with some new tech details and that gives him even more protection. We're going to do some goggles for him, a new tech cape made out of our carbon fiber weave."

The goggles he mentioned will serve two purposes. "We loved the way in the comic books he's always drawn with white flashes of eyes, so we thought of cool ways of doing it," Wilkinson said. "We liked the way that they catch the light and give that classic image from the comic books. But he'll also be piloting a new vehicle that he will need these goggles for."

Additionally, it was pointed out to Wilkinson that back of Batman's new cowl there are a handful of silvery lines/notches. What are those for? "So we liked the idea that it's implied that inside this cowl is a whole submembrane-like protective system. But now with the tactical cowl, much of it is pressed on the outside part of the cowl and maybe even will strengthen the vertebrae, strengthening pieces of the back here, and maybe protecting by sticking to connections that he has with Alfred back in the bat cave."

Anyone done a Jakks head swap?

i strongly considered it but honestly didn't think the two styles would match up ,jakks hyper realistic and neca more caricature,if im not explaining this clearly compare the suit textures and body proportions ,they seem chalk and cheese to me ,so just settled for moving the face up the mask to shorten the overall face proportions ,might give switching the faces over a try but im relatively happy with it for now lol

27328617953_973526838c_z.jpg

27328620333_0034140ab6_z.jpg

i strongly considered it but honestly didn't think the two styles would match up ,jakks hyper realistic and neca more caricature,if im not explaining this clearly compare the suit textures and body proportions ,they seem chalk and cheese to me ,so just settled for moving the face up the mask to shorten the overall face proportions ,might give switching the faces over a try but im relatively happy with it for now lol
27328620333_0034140ab6_z.jpg

looks like bruce campbell, what were they thinking lmao

Just do the face Mod. Makes a big difference.

Yeah and repaint makes an even bigger difference. Should be showing you guys my fully repainted Affleck Batman in the second week of July if everything goes right once I get my figure back from my painter.

Both biceps on mine were stuck, wouldn't rotate.

Even after heat was applied I still had to use force to get them to move, but now they're unstuck.

I always worry when I have to apply force to joints because i'm not the most gentle of persons.

Great shots of this figure Jye, really moody. Digging the silhouette shots.

Love how you didn't take any shots showing the head or face though. :lol

Thanks D, funny enough his silhouette is actually very good!

But there is no saving his lobotomy horse face when looking straight on, no amount of repainting will do it!

Had NECA did his face justice they would've had their best Batman yet.

Thanks D, funny enough his silhouette is actually very good!

But there is no saving his lobotomy horse face when looking straight on, no amount of repainting will do it!

Had NECA did his face justice they would've had their best Batman yet.

You know damn well this won't be thier last Affleck batman with Justice League getting two new suits I smell another Affleck Batman in mid 2018.

Last edited:
You know damn well this won't be thier last Affleck batman with Justice League getting two new suits I smell another Affleck Batman in mid 2018.

The only way I see them making a Batman for Justice League is if they're a huge demand for one, as Randy seems reluctant about revisiting certain characters. We didn't even get an armored Batman, and I'm sure that would've been a hit.

Last edited:
The only way I see them making a Batman for Justice League is if they're a huge demand for one, as Randy seems reluctant about revisiting certain characters. We didn't even get an armored Batman, and I'm sure that would've been a hit.
They know Batman sells so I can see them doing one. Or maybe an Armored Batman SOMEDAY

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Back