Action Figure NECA 1/4 Affleck BVS BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still wish they would've made an armored Batman instead. They could've used scans of the actual armor, like what they did for the Arkham figures.

Likewise, and I think I may have already posted about that wish ad nauseam :lol I'm pretty happy with the Jakks Pacific 20" figure -- I have the authentic and got the KO version as well which I modded and repainted -- but I know that NECA could have done a great job had they done the Armored version instead. A missed opportunity, but maybe there are things beyond NECA's control which prevented them from making one? Licensing, perhaps?

But yeah. A fully-articulated quarter scale Armored Batman with light-up eyes and armor sculpted as good as their Arkham Batman, Pacific Rim Jaegers, and Master Chief? :drool

Likewise, and I think I may have already posted about that wish ad nauseam :lol I'm pretty happy with the Jakks Pacific 20" figure -- I have the authentic and got the KO version as well which I modded and repainted -- but I know that NECA could have done a great job had they done the Armored version instead. A missed opportunity, but maybe there are things beyond NECA's control which prevented them from making one? Licensing, perhaps?

But yeah. A fully-articulated quarter scale Armored Batman with light-up eyes and armor sculpted as good as their Arkham Batman, Pacific Rim Jaegers, and Master Chief? :drool
The stuff dreams are made of...

I also got one of those 20" Jakks figures to repaint, and I was pretty surprised with how accurate the mold is. The glow in the dark eyes are a nice touch :lol

The stuff dreams are made of...

I also got one of those 20" Jakks figures to repaint, and I was pretty surprised with how accurate the mold is. The glow in the dark eyes are a nice touch :lol

Oh yeah. Most definitely Jakks used a 3D scan file and took it from there as the head and likeness is really good. Not sure if NECA did the same on both of their Arkham Batmen. My nitpick on Jakks is that they took the shortcut on the limbs (arms and legs), by making one the mirror of the other, scratches and all. Glowing eyes are indeed a nice touch but I painted them white anyway :)

Oh yeah. Most definitely Jakks used a 3D scan file and took it from there as the head and likeness is really good. Not sure if NECA did the same on both of their Arkham Batmen. My nitpick on Jakks is that they took the shortcut on the limbs (arms and legs), by making one the mirror of the other, scratches and all. Glowing eyes are indeed a nice touch but I painted them white anyway :)

I think I heard the Arkham Knight Batman was made from the game's files, but now I'm not too sure...

Also, someone asked NECA on their Twitter if there would be any more Batman v Superman figures, and they replied with "no chance".
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/740909845931429888
Oh well... :dunno

Just took him out of the box and snapped a few comparison shots next to my reworked Jakks Batman. Here ya go:

Wow, quite a difference. I plan on redoing the face (cutting, repositioning, painting) and repainting the suit.

Yeah, that Jakks Batman just destroys it in every way. Too bad it only has 7 points of articulation.

I finally got a chance to see this BVS Batman in person. He does look a lot better IMO. Still not as good as all their other Batmen though. Plus my local collectibles shop is charging like $200 CAD for him. I could get him shipped to Canada from BBTS for $170 CAD. Outrageous.

Anyways, I will probably pick this guy up if I can get him on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He really does look better in hand. The shoddy paintwork on the face doesn't look nearly as bad as it does in the photos. For me, the paint can be fixed...but the shape of the face is just off. Chin jutting out too far, the shape of the bottom lip. This is going to require some serious work, but I think it's possible. Tony Mei did a good job making it better, so there is hope. But, all in all, I'm actually pretty happy with the figure as a whole.

He really does look better in hand. The shoddy paintwork on the face doesn't look nearly as bad as it does in the photos. For me, the paint can be fixed...but the shape of the face is just off. Chin jutting out too far, the shape of the bottom lip. This is going to require some serious work, but I think it's possible. Tony Mei did a good job making it better, so there is hope. But, all in all, I'm actually pretty happy with the figure as a whole.

If you do an repaint and the face mod.... It's pretty spot on... is it perfect no... But what figure is.... Hopefully someday they revist affleck Batman and make it better... But overall I'm happy with it.... It really looks awesome once it's repainted.... Perhaps sanding down the but chin would help IDK.... I'm no modder so who knows.... Someone needs to seriously mod the jakks/neca head into one.....

Stock:

13415613_10154236713079346_1405635901460052217_o.jpg

Repainted/Face modded

13327368_10156926711245035_5074506495075752794_n.jpg

13339520_10156927800015035_6577650335787701342_n.jpg

I finally got a chance to see this BVS Batman in person. He does look a lot better IMO. Still not as good as all their other Batmen though. Plus my local collectibles shop is charging like $200 CAD for him. I could get him shipped to Canada from BBTS for $170 CAD. Outrageous.

Anyways, I will probably pick this guy up if I can get him on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah It's not terrible like some people are making it out to be.... I still think it was rushed or something but we'll see how it looks repainted....

And for those who said the same guy who did Keaton should of done the Affleck sculpt... Well he did Kyle sculpted this one as well.

Night and day when seeing this side by side with the jakks.
Yeah I do wish you could somehow swap heads but idk. You'd prob have to cut the NECA cowl for it to fit the Jakks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yeah I do wish you could somehow swap heads but idk. You'd prob have to cut the NECA cowl for it to fit the Jakks.

i dont know ,and as you have neca bats in hand ,
do you think the realistic look of the jakks would work with the what looks to me ,and ive not seen one up close or in person ,the slightly cartoonish look of the neca one ,or does neca one have more realism to it in hand ,that given a paint over the two styles would mesh successfully

i dont know ,and as you have neca bats in hand ,
do you think the realistic look of the jakks would work with the what looks to me ,and ive not seen one up close or in person ,the slightly cartoonish look of the neca one ,or does neca one have more realism to it in hand ,that given a paint over the two styles would mesh successfully
I do know the NECA has more texture so prob wouldn't work...

I just got mine yesterday. I like it more in person than I do in all the pics Ive seen. The face is a little long but I really like the suit. Glad I got it.

Gonna attempt to mod my Batfleck today. Just need to get the head off.

Good luck with the head...it's hard to get off. In fact, I haven't even popped it off yet.

DSC00475.jpg
Did Tony's method. Glue got a little away from me but I'll probably repaint the face down the road.

Attachments

• DSC00475.jpg
    DSC00475.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 116
Back