NC-17 Rating for "Grindhouse"?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kabukiman said:
Anyone know the running time on this beast? The wife said she heard there will be an old school intermission, but doesn't remember where she heard that.
There will be faux trailers shown: "Werewolf Women of the S.S." directed by Rob Zombie, "Thanksgiving" directed by Eli Roth, "Don't Scream" by Edgar Wright and "They Call Him Machete" by Rodriguez. I read that Machete will actually be made into a full-length direct to DVD movie.

I also heard that less than 20 seconds was cut out in order to get the "R" rating. That's not as bad as I was expecting.

I can't wait to see this!

DouglasMcc said:
Okay, here seems to be the problems:

1. Rob Zombie's piece, WEREWOLF WOMEN OF THE SS, features a Nazi concentration camp in which every woman is topless. There is also one point, where one of the topless women is tied down to a table, drained of blood and then branded with a swastika.

Sorry, but there are plenty of movies out there with excessive nudity. The only problem I can see with this would be the swastika. However, since the movie is not played seriously, I don't think it would be that much of a controversy.

I believe Nicolas Cage is in that fake trailer (I'm not joking).

I'm really digging the trailers, hopefully Rodriguez's film won't eat up too much of the running time.

However shouldn't QT be working on the ultimate Kill Bill DVD?

I watched the review of this on "Ebert & Roeper" this morning. The female guest reviewer for Ebert loved the Rodriguez movie and gave the QT movie a mild recommendation. Roeper preferred the QT segment, and both raved about the trailers and missing reels. They gave it "two thumbs up" with Roeper giving it a "big thumbs up" (4 star equivalent).

I can't wait to see this, but I'll probably wait for the HD home version, as I do with almost all movies these days.

I read that for some of the international release, added/different/deleted? footage would be shown in theater and there were talks, or perhaps are, splitting the two films up

PsychoCenobite said:
"Thanksgiving" Trailer can be seen here:

https://uk.media.movies.ign.com/media/749/749962/vids_1.html

A few of the other tailers are show at the end. Including clips of Nic Cage.

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

That is AWESOME!!!! Love the Halloween homage at the beginning. I usually hate Eli Roth... but that was freakin hilarious! :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

I cannot WAIT for this movie.....

Holy crap.... almost didn't notice... 5,000th post! :D

Last edited:
There is an excellent set of articles and interviews on this film as well as grind house films from the 70's-85 in the newest Rue Morgue.

Rodriguez is the best director in years in my opinion, QT is alright too, can't wait! This is gonna rock the year!

PosterBoyKelly said:
Rodriguez is the best director in years in my opinion,

Interesting that you feel that way. I'm actually not a fan of his movies at all. I don't even think he's the best Latino director. That honor goes to Alfonso Cuarón, IMO, after Children of Men (the best film of last year, IMO).

After SpyKids 3 I can't take Rodriguez seriously.

But moviefone says the film is only 2 hr.s 20 mins. I thought it was supposed to be over 3 hours? I have to plan my weekend accordingly!

Just got out of Grindhouse and I f'n LOVED it! Bloody, violent and completely over the top. A great homage to bad cinema. I havn't had so much fun just watching and laughing at a movie for a long time.
It has some great figures in it as well. Especially Rose NcGowan and Kurt Russell.

Darklord Dave said:
After SpyKids 3 I can't take Rodriguez seriously.

But moviefone says the film is only 2 hr.s 20 mins. I thought it was supposed to be over 3 hours? I have to plan my weekend accordingly!

It's roughly 3 hrs. and 10 min. (although 'Death Proof' makes it seem more like six hours...)

I just saw it and it was only 2 hrs. 20 min. 11:55 show got out at roughly 2:30. Have to admit that I liked Planet Terror way more than Deathproof. Maybe it was just that there was more Rose McGowan, but that felt more like a film to me. It didn't seem like QT put a lot of effort into the script for Deathproof, although the whole thing is worth it for the ending.

The entire experience was a scream though, including the wacky trailers.

And I want 1/6 figures of Machete, El Rey, The Werewolf of the SS, Cherry Darling, Dr. Dakota, Stuntman Mike, the Thanksgiving killer...

2 hrs and 20 min? Are you sure?

Do some theaters have different cuts or something? I won't know until I see it next weekend... :confused:

Hmm, Fandango has it as 3 hrs. 15 min. Maybe it was 3:30 when I got out? These old-fangled analog watches! How's anyone supposed to tell time without seeing the numbers?

Maybe you were too tired to see straight! :D

Hmmmm...

Grindhouse
3hr 11min - Rated R - Action/Adventure/Horror - Trailer - IMDb
12:15 4:30 9:00

Going to see it in a bit...I'll report on this situation lol.

Just got back from seeing it, F'n loved it... and it is over 3 hours long... I showed up for the 3:00p show, and didn't get out until around 6:30p.

I preferred Planet Terror over Death Proof, but both were excellent... I just thing that Death Proof may be a bit too talky to follow the first. And the trailers and commercials during are fantastic! I loved Machete, and I hope Batty's right about it being released :rock

Darklord Dave said:
Hmm, Fandango has it as 3 hrs. 15 min. Maybe it was 3:30 when I got out? These old-fangled analog watches! How's anyone supposed to tell time without seeing the numbers?

It had to have been. I went to the 11:50 showing and left around 3:15, and my friend pointed out he only had about an hour to drop me off at home and get to work at 4:30.

Back