NC-17 Rating for "Grindhouse"?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, here seems to be the problems:

1. Rob Zombie's piece, WEREWOLF WOMEN OF THE SS, features a Nazi concentration camp in which every woman is topless. There is also one point, where one of the topless women is tied down to a table, drained of blood and then branded with a swastika.

Sorry, but there are plenty of movies out there with excessive nudity. The only problem I can see with this would be the swastika. However, since the movie is not played seriously, I don't think it would be that much of a controversy.

2. Eli Roth's trailer for THANKSGIVING, features a young girl (played by Jordan Ladd) performing oral sex on her boyfriend in his car. She realises, half way through the act that he has been killed by a slasher, because he happens to be missing his head.

Okay, so River Phoenix can get away with performing oral sex on a DUDE 10 years ago in My Own Private Idaho and get an R rating, but heterosexual filatio is bad?!? The only problem I could see would be if they showed an actual sexual act ... which they would never do. If its the decapitation, well there are plenty of R rated movies with decapitations.

Further on, there is a scene where an obese man eats a baby. I can't believe I just typed that sentence in sincerity. An obese man eats a baby.

Um ... it all depends on how the scene is portrayed. If its serious in tone and shows the baby in a realistic fashion ... maybe. However, in the spirit of the actual Grindhouse flicks, I bet the baby looks obviously like a low budget mannequin.

DouglasMcc said:
Further on, there is a scene where an obese man eats a baby. I can't believe I just typed that sentence in sincerity. An obese man eats a baby.
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

The more I hear about this the more I want to see it!!!

Boobs, swastikas, blow jobs, and baby eating!?!?!?!

What more can you ask for from a movie?

King Darkness said:
We were trying to keep it low key:cool:
Uh oh, now the damn Kurgan's are going to invade this thread. I wish those bastards would just go away.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jen said:
I am so gonna see this movie - mmmmmmm..blood and gore...makes me hungry. :D
:rock:rock:rock:rock
Ever since they announced this movie I have been waiting for it. Only two more weeks.

I'll be there opening weekend....just waiting for the damn tickets to go on sale so I can buy them early. :)

I've been seeing tons of ads for this on TV, but all heavily promoting the QT "Death Proof" part, while only showing a small piece (rocket leg) of "Planet Terror." Is that just because they can show car crashs but not zombies on tv? either way - I'm there opening day!

ZombieReign said:
I've been seeing tons of ads for this on TV, but all heavily promoting the QT "Death Proof" part, while only showing a small piece (rocket leg) of "Planet Terror." Is that just because they can show car crashs but not zombies on tv? either way - I'm there opening day!
Im not sure, but my guess would be that Planet Terror was finished first I believe, and its the main one on all the early trailers.
I think the first Sneak didnt have Deathproof on it at all. Only Planet Terror and the fake trailers. So maybe now theyre giving QT's more of the spotlight. Plus it is QT after all. That could explain it as well.

alls I knows is that I CANT WAIT to see this!!! :monkey1

occulum said:
Im not sure, but my guess would be that Planet Terror was finished first I believe, and its the main one on all the early trailers.
I think the first Sneak didnt have Deathproof on it at all. Only Planet Terror and the fake trailers. So maybe now theyre giving QT's more of the spotlight. Plus it is QT after all. That could explain it as well.

alls I knows is that I CANT WAIT to see this!!! :monkey1

I prefer Rodriguez over QT.

ign.com has the faux trailer for Eli Roth's "Thanksgiving" up for viewing. Definately sick and twisted (in other words - I LOVE IT !) April 6th can't get here soon enough.

Anyone know the running time on this beast? The wife said she heard there will be an old school intermission, but doesn't remember where she heard that.

The Boot said:
Told ya. :D

https://www.joblo.com/grindhouse-get-an-r

Not unexpected at all. The most interesting part of the article for me is the revelation of the final running time...3 hrs. and 5 min.! :rock

Great news! I was worried that the film's (I'm referring to both Planet Terror and Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof) total running time was really just going to be an hour and a half. Thank tha movie gods. I'm really excited about the film. Happy Birthday to me!

Back