NBA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
work13 said:
I was wrong about Dirk's toughness and the Mavs. I thought Miami was going to take it in 5. It may very well be the other way around. Mavs are no fluke.

Yesterday, I was at "The Boiling Crab" and was watching a re-broadcast of game 2 highlights when the mavs won-thinking that I was watching game 3 highlights. So when I wrote my post above, I thought the mavs were up 2-1. My bad. I have to pay attention more to this series. So my prediction of Heat taking it in 5 is still alive, but we'll see what happens in the next game.

1 superstar against 3 superstars. Do the math. Dirk is great but not that great even with stronger role players. Dirk is not outmatched he is outgunned.

It was really the Mavs game to win last night. They got all the foul calls in the 4th, they out rebounded Miami and their bench out played them too. All I hear from the guys after the game,"the starters should have played better". Miami isn't gonna let the Mavs get everything they want, guys are going to be taken out of the game. Dirk will always get his.

ugh...i just feel nothing today

at least this is easier to swallow than 06 was

you sound like they just lost the series. It was one game, and they still have 2 more at home, but game 4 is a must win for them, as game 3 was for Miami.

I watched the Postgame interview of Dirk, he looks pretty frustrated by the loss. They were right, in that the Mavs are running out of gas mentally, because they kept playing 'catch up' all game: https://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs/2011/06/06/0041000403_dirk_postgame.nba

They can't drop Game 4, or else they'll dig a deeper hole for themselves. I think Dirk is too nice to his teammates. If he was Kobe Bryant, he'll start talking to the team in the locker room, to challenge them to do better and step up..

..and why the heck is Corey Brewer not playing?!?! He's a good defensive forward (All players with last name of 'Brewer' are good defensive players - Ronnie is another one).

I said it was convenient that 78myers logged off then "random poster" logs on and agrees with said 78myers with same writing style and all - it was probably his second screen name. I went to edit it and I deleted it by mistake. I did not write anything about seconds...but I should have :lol

Paranoia now...

What are you talkin' about? :cuckoo:

you sound like they just lost the series. It was one game, and they still have 2 more at home, but game 4 is a must win for them, as game 3 was for Miami.

but, but, but...espn told me that every team that wins game 3 in the 2-3-2 format when tied 1-1 after 2 games goes on to win 100% of the time. it sounds even dumber when you type it all out, lol

honestly though...i can see the reality of it staring at me. we are 1 miraculous, historic 4th quarter comeback from getting ready to be swept. miami is just too damn good.

but, but, but...espn told me that every team that wins game 3 in the 2-3-2 format when tied 1-1 after 2 games goes on to win 100% of the time. it sounds even dumber when you type it all out, lol

honestly though...i can see the reality of it staring at me. we are 1 miraculous, historic 4th quarter comeback from getting ready to be swept. miami is just too damn good.

Good point, Miami has outplayed them for 2 3/4 qtrs so far. That's a great stat if one is a Miami fan, but I don't take too much stock in it. Someone is going to break it eventually, and the Mavs are capable, but now that Wade finally decided to show up for the playoffs (on the biggest stage), the Mavs are in trouble. If they win game 4 though, their even again. Wade just plays with so much confidence against the Mavs and they don't have anyone who can guard him.

Heat should be up 3-0 in this series, tonight I think they go up 3-1. They just can't stop Wade and Dirk is getting NO HELP.

Yeah, Dirk just needs more help, I think it speaks for itself that he's almost holding the Heat off singlestardedly. What a legend.

Except for his bad pass and missed fadeaway (what else?) shot at the end...legends make plays when the team needs it most imo. Dirk (and the Mavs) choke legacy lives on...:lol

I don't think that's really fair. Dirk made some great plays in game 2 and the Mavericks are the underdogs so they aren't exactly choking.

Dwayne Wade is taking over the Finals, and is showing who's the team leader. Good read.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aq8X2qI3phBM.RRWNGVWecC8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_lebron_james_dwyane_wade_nba_finals_game3_060611

*Quoting LeBron's defensive reaction to his refusal to "take control of the game":
“I think you’re concentrating on one side of the floor,” James sniffed. “All you’re looking at is the stat sheet. Honestly, I’m a two-way player. Since D-Wade had it going … we allow him to handle the ball, bring it on offensively. You should watch the film again and see what I did defensively. You’ll ask me a better question tomorrow.”

:rotfl

DWade has the better matchup in the NBA finals against the Mavs, just like Lebron had the better matchup against the Bulls in the Eastern Conference Finals.

He may not be scoring as much as DWade, but dude had nine assists in game 3.

Last edited:
In my opinion the Heat are losers either way.

1.they lose, which makes them losers

2.they win, and are forever known as the team that bought a title. Lebron's legacy will forever be tainted, he couldn't do it without another top 5 player.

2.they win, and are forever known as the team that bought a title. Lebron's legacy will forever be tainted, he couldn't do it without another top 5 player.

Except if they win they're champs. Tough luck for you.

Oh god, fans you like are completely lost, full of spite and just make yourself sound un-insightful with hack lines like, "he team that bought a title."

I hate the NY Yankees, can't stand the whole non-cap system in MLB and would love to see players stay in one city their whole career and build a tight rapport as many have done in the past...

But that whole 'buy' a championship crap does not wash when you still have to play 82-games, avoid injuries, actually go out there and work hard and win games before you even begin the task of entering the post-season and reaching that goal.

Geez, if you want to look at it, you can make a case for any and every team "buying" a championship.

How dare the CHI Bulls trade for D.Rodman in effort to win a championship. How dare the SF Giants add Mark DeRosa, Aubrey Huff and C.Ross; and pump money into their farm system to develop Cain, Lincecum and Bumgarner on their way to a title. HOW DARE the LA Lakers acquire Shaq to win a run of titles, and Gasol, and to boot...add Artest and other players in their search for rings. You can keep on going...

Yes, the caliber of players are varying in many instances, and yes...

The Heat came together - 3 stars - in order to add rings on to their resumes. SO WHAT?

Kudos for Miami management for making it happen. Kudos to Wade for allowing this to happen on HIS team. Kudos for 'Bron and Bosh for going in there, busting their tails to assimilate and join forces to become a force (i.e especially a defensive one, as a club, which takes a lot of hard effort and busting of a s s e s) and make a run in their first year for a title.

Yes, it will effect 'Bron's legacy, as winning a title in CLEV and staying would have been more admirable and desirable to the masses. Yes, ultimately, the guy who looks to shine and gain the most here is Wade, as he had already won a title in Mia., was the clear franchise player there and allowed all this to happen. But if it does not bother the players and they are coming together and getting the job done....more power to them.

More chances than not, they wont win every year and people will love every moment of that, giving them even more incentive to win in spite of the critiques.

If they win, and they are champs -- so be it as the one member said here.

What are you going to do, b itch about it and create excuses as to why they are not deserving champs? If that's all you have, it's pitiful and quite frankly, absurd...

Back