NBA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dengar, not sure if you caught this from ESPN's John Hollinger but there's some funny ish in here. I lol'd especially at the Mario Chalmers take at the end...

https://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/43758

Ethan ((Providence))

Sup John, who do you actually have winning the title? Why?

John Hollinger (12:25 PM)

Spurs. Because they're better than everybody else.

Joe (NY)

You are basing picking the Spurs on them beating a horrible Utah team in the 1st round?? Whether they draw LAC or Mem in round 2 and then OKC or LAL in round 3 it is gonna be alot tougher

John Hollinger (12:33 PM)

I'm picking them based on their going 28-3 in their past 31 games, and winning the season series against every remaining team in the West, with at least one humiliating win against every one of them, and going. Or how about this: They're 22-3 in their past 25 road games. Two of the losses came when they sat their starters. Nobody's beating them.
Joe (NY)

Miami would have the 3 best players in a series against the Spurs. Tough to overcome that even considering Heats lack of depth
John Hollinger (12:43 PM)

Two best, yes. But I'd argue 3, 4 and 5 play for San Antonio, as do 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12. Chalmers could probably be the Spurs' 10th man if he applied himself; he's the fourth-best payer on Miami. That's why I'd take San Antonio.

The best players always make it known when they are sick or injured. That way if they mess up its "well he was sick" and then if they play great its "wow what a fierce competitor". Jordan was the king of that and Kobe learned it from him.

Its a ploy. Whenever those guys come out to be sick or whatever I expect great performances and don't give them additional credit for doing it.

I think its hilarious that a tummy ache can cause so much attention if that tummy ache belongs to Kobe. :lol

lakers.gif

Dengar, not sure if you caught this from ESPN's John Hollinger but there's some funny ish in here. I lol'd especially at the Mario Chalmers take at the end...

https://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/43758

Pretty good reason and I agree with what he said, Heat has Wade and Lebron (and bosh who is okay) and the spurs have their entire team. I'm glad people doubt them so much here because when they win it's gonna be all that much sweeter.

The best players always make it known when they are sick or injured. That way if they mess up its "well he was sick" and then if they play great its "wow what a fierce competitor". Jordan was the king of that and Kobe learned it from him.

Its a ploy. Whenever those guys come out to be sick or whatever I expect great performances and don't give them additional credit for doing it.

OR maybe there is a heightened interest in teams top players, so when they are sick, the media tends to hound all over it.

"what? kobe missed shoot around? meh, fuggetaboutit. what a drama queen. lets talk about something else on sports talk instead of the HOF player missing practice with an unexpected ailment before an important playoff game. so, about those angels......."

some of you guys are crazy. :slap

as for the lakers.......again this is a yearly event. every year they play down to some team in the playoff's and gets everyone in a bunch. now, im not going to say im not worried, because i dont know what team is going to show up on saturday.........but if the team that came yesterday shows up tomorrow, then they simply dont deserve to win. simple as that. im confident, however - as home court is a helluva thing.

this is also where fisher wouldve been really helpful.

I don't know about that. Ramon Sessions has played well and I don't think Fisher being on the team would make Gasol or Bynum play better. The real problems with the Lakers are the front court not playing up to potential and lack of 3 point shooting to spreaad the floor.

Again I don't think panicking would help anything (guess i'll stay in denial) but realisticly speaking all the pressure is on LA now as they are expected to win the series so we'll see which team shows up. Being a fan for well over 35 years now I'll say that I am confident the right team will show up but as they say there's a reason they play the games.

Getting rid of Fisher was big mistake.

well, i cant say it was a big mistake. hell, i cant even say it was a mistake. we got a double double energy big off the bench for him, and he was an absolute liability on defense. but if there was ever a purpose for having him - it's right now.

kobe threw up on the way to the game and got 4 bags of IV during.. those talking ____ im sure are big men themselves and have done much more admirable things in their lives.. if you want to talk ____ about bynum or pau have at it...

I've had stomach viruses and they basically cripple me. Forget about going out and scoring 30+ in a basketball game.

That being said, as long as #24 is on the floor I like the Lakers chances against anyone. The rest of the Lakefs should follow his example as to how to destroy the competition.

Back