Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is sculpted by fellow member Trevor Grove and is an full release from Sideshow Collectibles not Hot Toys

The bodies are by sideshow as well :dunno they originally had help from Hot Toys on two types of bodies and that was the hobbit sized bodies for Frodo and Sam and then the first Clone Body. Since then they bodies have been further developed and enhanced by SS therefore are SS designed bodies at this point. As for tailoring they do both in house tailoring and some times farm it out to someone like Kato who did the GI Joe Crismon Guard and the recent Comic Joker to name a few. But Kato doesn't work for Hot Toys :dunno

Confirmed with Trevor Grove they altered his sculpt. He said there was never a seam line between the hair and head and production altered his sculpt.

This is one big joke right? Sideshow should just recall the thing and get it done properly. Push the release back to its original date if it meant a better headsculpt. Christ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confirmed with Trevor Grove they altered his sculpt. He said there was never a seam line between the hair and head and production altered his sculpt.

Oh boy, this is gonna make me think twice. I really need a 1/6 Nathan Drake figure and the proto looked great. I remember seeing this and was sold on the figure.

I wonder why they changed the sculpt so drastically. Was there some kind of licensing/likeness issues?

There needs to be some accountability on SSC's part. These final sculpts versus proto are being a bad running joke. Anytime I see a board member say, 'its gotten much better' makes me wanna slap em thru the internet'

Anyone think their Han and Luke Hoth is gonna turn out like this? ****** and crappy?

This is deceiving and false advertising. Although the promos will always say these are not final promo, it's just hard to believe such a long standing company can churn out a figure that obviously bad. Don't sideshow, Sony, naughty dog have to sign off before production? How could all three of them agree to this!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drake2.jpg

From left to right:

Sideshow's picture > the figure I got > Hot Toys DX10

You can see what's the problem with the figure face's color and his eyes.

It's just like made by other third company, really don't know what to say!

Back