Natedog's figure bashes and customs - Deathstar Diorama=Complete

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Natedog's figure bashes and customs - What a piece of junk pg55

The Raynall Sisters

Yesala and Anncha Raynall were a bounty hunter team based on Coruscant during the height of the Clone War. The sister duo, Yesala and Anncha--while not identical twins—shared a connection to each other due to their mild Force sensitivity. Their connection to the Force--as usual--was detected early by the Jedi Order, however it was deemed that their connection was not strong enough to grant them entry into the Jedi Academy.

As the daughters of a wealthy but slimy merchant the two were under constant security watch until one day that security failed. Anncha (age 7) was kidnapped by a rival merchant and held for ransom. Not knowing of the bond the sisters shared, their connection was instrumental in Anncha’s rescue. Yesala (age 6) was able to detect her sister’s presence and determine her location, allowing the authorities to catch the kidnappers by surprise.

The trauma of such as incident at such a young age imprinted on the 2 sisters and was the basis for their decision to become bounty hunters and thus began their training in order to cleanse the galaxy of scum and villainy. Yesla became the “negotiator” and Anncha the “enforcer”. Together they were “a team not to be trifled with” according to Cad Bane who had several dealing with the duo.

LEFT=Yesla RIGHT=Anncha

Re: Natedog's figure bashes and customs - Raynall Sisters pg65

Nice dude. Love the use of existing pieces. Also really love the head you have on Anncha, who is it? I assume its Phicen.

Thanks man. Yeah I forgot to mention, everything was either made from scratch or re-purposed from my parts bin. Only exception is Anncha's head, which I purchased. Its a Kumik model KM15-7 :hi5:

Very nice. Good way to clear out the parts bin a bit. How's that Kumik head size wise? I'm trying to get a good female head for a Battlefront trooper I'm making and I recently got a Kumik one that I liked the look of but it is smaller that I would have liked. The Stormtrooper armor probably has something to do with it but I am using the Medicom armor since its slightly undersized.

Love these two , weird thing is I was reading win or lose last week and was thinking they would make good customs, damb beaten to it again

Cracking job on them both

Very nice. Good way to clear out the parts bin a bit. How's that Kumik head size wise? I'm trying to get a good female head for a Battlefront trooper I'm making and I recently got a Kumik one that I liked the look of but it is smaller that I would have liked. The Stormtrooper armor probably has something to do with it but I am using the Medicom armor since its slightly undersized.

Quite impressed with the Kumik head actually. Yesla is a Phicen and is not as nice. Size wise the Kumik might be a bit bigger than the Phicen. Anncha is built on the KO alice body. The one that everyone complains the butt is too big. As you can see, even with a bodysuit, leather vest and armor, its still looks good proportion wise. The helmet is from the Hasbro 10"+/- figure. The one that is all molded plastic and only the arms pivot. Its significantly smaller than the hasbro Ultimate Jango helmet. This one fits over her head nicely. I take the hair off to give it the tucked in look but should fit with the hair in place too. The kumik bodies are tiny and a bit crappy, but the heads are not.

Good info. Yeah I learned with my first (and last) Kumik body that they were pretty much garbage. I think this one Kumik head that I'm referring to may be a custom made one. Its the likeness of Carrie Ann Moss and it may be the sculpted hair that is making it look so small too. Just a little gun shy on pulling the trigger on another one if it comes out small too. I've used a couple Phicen ones before and I like those size wise and come to think of it I've gotten an Angelina Kumik before that the size was good on too. I'm thinking it was just that head I got. Got shafted. haha

I-LIKE-YOUR-9jivp0.jpg

Love the Raynall sisters, really nice use of parts. I've got 3 different kumik heads and really like them as much as some of my Hot Toys female heads.

Re: Natedog's figure bashes and customs

So do you ever go back through your own thread? I had a good laugh at this one. Wow that is horrible! :lol

Han Hoth Gear: I plan to swap out the goggles for more accurate ones soon. THe hood needs tweaking too. Its too big.

Han's looking fabulous in that designer fur hood. :lol haha

We live and we learn right?

Great stuff!

Well its been a while, so I better post something :)

I've been working on upgrading my SSC Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise. Luke is almost finished but here's Han.

Everything is stock. I just repainted the head. It came out pretty good I think. It looks waaay better in person. I am no photographer.

Great work on that paint. It's tough to get skin tone just right like that.

The Raynall Sisters

LEFT=Yesla RIGHT=Anncha

Yesla wouldn't have to do any hunting - everyone would just turn themselves in to her.:lol

It'd be called saying yesla to Yesla.

Awesome work - very creative!

OK Luke's factory green hair was bugging the hell out of me since day 1. Seriously, put him next to HT ANH luke and you'll see what I mean. Anyways, I did a repaint and think it turned out pretty good. Whatcha think? The 1st pic doesn't really show anything I just like the lighting.

The helmet is from the Hasbro 10"+/- figure. The one that is all molded plastic and only the arms pivot.

You don't have a link to the one you're talking about, do you? I have a female Mando on the back burner I could use a helmet for.

Back