Natedog's figure bashes and customs - Deathstar Diorama=Complete

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Natedog's figure bashes and customs - Update! FOX Page 13

Deathstar Trooper revisited. I swapped the boots, gloves, put an elastic strap on the helmet , tightened up the neck a bit and gave him a narrow shoulder body. Still wasn't happy, so I cut the boxes off the plastic belt, shaved the buckle to the proper size and glued them onto a pleather belt. Still wasn't happy, so I made a fully functional holster for a sideshow DH-17 blaster. This is how he stands today. I may replace the head next. we'll see.

Before:

After:

Death Star Trooper looks good Nate.Just a good example how some of the hasbro stuff can look with a little TLC.
Your work on that belt looks great.

Nice work Nate. Fox looks fantastic. Very clean paintwork, good stuff.

Man, you called it. Everytime you start a custom, Sideshow beats you to it. Could you start working on a AT-AT Driver? :D

Seriously, you should finish it. I have a custom Scout that I am going to display with a couple of Sideshow's offerings, it will add some variety. :)

I agree with what Chris said, finish yours.

Nate, All they have showed us is teaser pics. Many things that sideshow has rereleased has been tweaked, modified, re-worked, re-done, frankensteined, etc. So with that, there's still hope that you will get to work on another scout trooper.:wink1:

Oh yeah I'm totally gonna finish him and Fives. No worries :) Rex is the only one I discontinued.

Wow! :clap
That looks fantastic.
Thanks Jay!

Very nice work, mate! How did you perform the weathering ???
Thanks! Its a multi step process for sure.
1. 220 grit sandpaper to add heavy paint chipping
2. 600 grit sandpaper for smoothing and adding worn areas
3. New technique I invented (I think). Watered down some burnt umber and used a loose weave piece of cloth and dampened the cloth with the paint and lightly dabbed the armor all over. It gave a nice texture pattern.
4. black paint with a thin brush to add score marks
5. Grey pastels for softening everything
6. Black pastels for aging and shadowing

looks awesome mate way better than mine
Thanks Wraith! I'm waiting on a bodysuit. Then just have the Kama and waist belts to make and I'll be done.

Thanks for sharing your techniques Nate. I also use pastels sealed with dullcoat for weathering, they work great.

That helmet looks great.

Very nice work!! Looking forward to the finished figure.

Finished Fives. I'm happy with how he turned out, but I never solved the neck issue. He's kind of a hybrid of real-life and animated style. I made the backpack, lower arm armor, pouches, rangefinder mount, pauldron base and the kama myself. The shoulder pieces on the pauldron, rangefinder module and the holsters are casts from Tworiverz. :)

Re: Natedog's figure bashes and customs - Update! ARC-5555 Page 16

I've been a busy beaver! Here's 2 Anakin's I've got done/almost done. i took the SSC Anakin sculpt off and repainted it. I'm going to use that for my Clone Wars version. The other is Darren Carnall's sculpt. Still not happy with the lips. I need to go back and tone them down some. While I was at it, I repainted the SSC hand. He's on a TTM18 style body. I replaced the deteriorated pleather tabbards with new ones I made myself. I'm happy. :)
General Skywalker is almost finshed. No pics yet.

Back