Mythos Line officially dead for now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ultimately the Mythos line is not based around the characters as seen on screen (small or big) in any form and as such that is why the Mythos line is currently in its holding pattern. Hopefully it will be green lit again one day. *fingers crossed*

-SideshowAlex

finger crossed indeed. It is a great line full of vision and the statues 'speak'. Hopefully you can work out a deal with Disney.

finger crossed indeed. It is a great line full of vision and the statues 'speak'. Hopefully you can work out a deal with Disney.

Yeah, it would be great, if Disney allows Sideshow a follow-up Line for Mythos, maybe under the "Legends" or "Visions" Banner?
Clearly marked as "non Canon" or altenative Universe with full of Fan Favorites Charakters...:woo

Yeah, it would be great, if Disney allows Sideshow a follow-up Line for Mythos, maybe under the "Legends" or "Visions" Banner?
Clearly marked as "non Canon" or altenative Universe with full of Fan Favorites Characters...:woo

the thing is that Disney has said that everything released from this point (movies, series, games, books, comics....) would be considered canon.
I doubt statues are part of that arrangement but you never know.

the thing is that Disney has said that everything released from this point (movies, series, games, books, comics....) would be considered canon.
I doubt statues are part of that arrangement but you never know.

Yeah, that`s right, but Hasbro is forced by Disney, to reduce PT Figures and stop re-release EU Figures (like Mara Jade, Grand Moff Thrawn, Darth Bane, Darth Revan etc.)
and focus on the OT (especially ROTJ)!

On the Rebelscum Forum, Gentle Giants "Dreamwalker" also said that EU Statues and Mini Busts aren`t anymore in Development....

So, the old "canon-EU" is in fact "bulldozered" and now called "Legends", so Disney has a free hand to build up their new Plans...Wookiepedia has on all EU Stories and Figures a new Legends Label...:lecture

So, in fact beside the 6 Films and TCW, all "Pre-Disney" expanded Universe Stuff is History, and with the new Books, Comics, Games, Rebels Series and the Sequels and Spin Offs, the new "Canon-Era" under Disney Authority begins...

The latest SW Announcements form Gentle Giant and Sideshow are nearly all ROTJ Stuff (Vader PF, Boba PF, Endor Trooper Mini Bust, Endor Luke Mini Bust, 12 Inch Vintage Biker Scout etc.)

So i think the Mythos Concept, with this "fake Stories of famous Charakters in shape of Sideshows Interpretation " doesn`t fit with Disney`s plans, so a Kaleesh Warrior Grievous (earlier EU-now Legends), could collide with Disney`s Plan if they decide in 10-20 Years to produce a "Grievous" Film...

I have no high hopes of a return of Mythos or any EU/Legends Statues...only lot of OT, Rebels and ST Stuff...

Thank god for the wait list! Conversion worked 1st Mythos to the collection can't wait!

Yeah, that`s right, but Hasbro is forced by Disney, to reduce PT Figures and stop re-release EU Figures (like Mara Jade, Grand Moff Thrawn, Darth Bane, Darth Revan etc.)
and focus on the OT (especially ROTJ)!

On the Rebelscum Forum, Gentle Giants "Dreamwalker" also said that EU Statues and Mini Busts aren`t anymore in Development....

So, the old "canon-EU" is in fact "bulldozered" and now called "Legends", so Disney has a free hand to build up their new Plans...Wookiepedia has on all EU Stories and Figures a new Legends Label...:lecture

So, in fact beside the 6 Films and TCW, all "Pre-Disney" expanded Universe Stuff is History, and with the new Books, Comics, Games, Rebels Series and the Sequels and Spin Offs, the new "Canon-Era" under Disney Authority begins...

The latest SW Announcements form Gentle Giant and Sideshow are nearly all ROTJ Stuff (Vader PF, Boba PF, Endor Trooper Mini Bust, Endor Luke Mini Bust, 12 Inch Vintage Biker Scout etc.)

So i think the Mythos Concept, with this "fake Stories of famous Charakters in shape of Sideshows Interpretation " doesn`t fit with Disney`s plans, so a Kaleesh Warrior Grievous (earlier EU-now Legends), could collide with Disney`s Plan if they decide in 10-20 Years to produce a "Grievous" Film...

I have no high hopes of a return of Mythos or any EU/Legends Statues...only lot of OT, Rebels and ST Stuff...

That's all very true but I seriously think they are going to reintegrate some previous EU characters and make them canon. I think it was simpler to kill it all and reintegrate piece by piece.

And Mythos so far has only pieces of characters from the movies so it's sort of straddling the line.

That's all very true but I seriously think they are going to reintegrate some previous EU characters and make them canon. I think it was simpler to kill it all and reintegrate piece by piece.

And Mythos so far has only pieces of characters from the movies so it's sort of straddling the line.

Hopefully! :hi5:

The Mythos Line has so much Potential and is some of Sdeshow finest works, i only own the Boba (and will get Obi) but the ammount of Details is a blast...

For future Statues, i hope they (Disney, JJA) will "reboot" some EU Stuff,even Lucas wanted to produce a Darth Maul with Darth Talon Game, but sadly that Game was canceled...
https://www.gameinformer.com/b/feat...me-that-never-came-to-be.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

and this friendly Guy from this Clip:
https://www.starwars7news.com/2014/05/first-look-at-abu-dhabi-set-with-jj.html#more
cold be be also based on EU:
https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/H'drachi
So, maybe there is hope...

The EU is such a huge pool full, of great Concepts and Designs, it would be foolish, not get some of them and as a side effect, make some EU Fans happy...:blissy

Really, really saddened by this news. The Mythos line was the best thing that was Star Wars related to come out of Sideshow.

It really was. Some of their newer PFs were getting quite good, but these were and still are amazing. The Mouse House put a sudden stop to that. Hopefully Disney sees the popularity of this line and lets SS tweak it so it fits into their parameters of what Disney wants with the SW brand.

Everyone seems to think the cancelling of the EU was Disney's decision or fault. It wasn't, it was Lucasfilm's. If you take Marvel as an example, after Disney acquired it they pretty much let Marvel Studios do their own thing without stepping in too much, if at all. They are doing the same with Star Wars. Lucasfilm realized the story they had planned for the new trilogy didn't match up with the EU so they decided to just start the whole thing fresh. If you are mad about your statues not getting made or stories not being canon anymore blame Kathleen Kennedy she is running the whole Star Wars thing from this point forward, not Disney.

Edit: I should make it more clear that its not just Kathleen Kennedy. I'm sure she has a team advising her at LFL that is more familiar with SW than she is, but as President she is the one who ultimately has to make the decisions. I want to make it clear that I'm not bashing Kennedy at all as she has produced so many of my favorite movies of all-time, and I'm not one of the people who is butt hurt from the EU dismantling. But if you are blame the team at LFL not Disney.

Everyone seems to think the cancelling of the EU was Disney's decision or fault. It wasn't, it was Lucasfilm's. If you take Marvel as an example, after Disney acquired it they pretty much let Marvel Studios do their own thing without stepping in too much, if at all. They are doing the same with Star Wars. Lucasfilm realized the story they had planned for the new trilogy didn't match up with the EU so they decided to just start the whole thing fresh. If you are mad about your statues not getting made or stories not being canon anymore blame Kathleen Kennedy she is running the whole Star Wars thing from this point forward, not Disney.

Kathleen Kennedy!?!? You mean the hand-picked successor Kathleen Kennedy? How am I supposed to have irrational hatred towards Disney now?

When I met Kathleen Kennedy when she came here for GL's wedding she was cool as hell. Very sweet and signed everything for the fans. IMO for once LFL is actually cool not to fleece the fans with characters not in the new direction of SW.

That's a good point.

A slight bit of hope from Sideshow's SDCC panel:

Q: Loved the Ralph McQuarrie reveals. You mentioned there is a similarity to the Star Wars Mythos collection, are you guys ever going to go back and do any more Mythos?

A: We would definitely love to at some point! Our team has actually done quite a few designs that we are excited about, but we want to hold off showing them until the plans are more finalized. If and when the announcement does come, we also want to make sure we have a good lineup to get everyone excited about the continuation of the series.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an announcement from Sideshow saying that they have decided to continue on with this line, but maybe if they see on the forums that there still is an interest it could happen.

A slight bit of hope from Sideshow's SDCC panel:

Q: Loved the Ralph McQuarrie reveals. You mentioned there is a similarity to the Star Wars Mythos collection, are you guys ever going to go back and do any more Mythos?

A: We would definitely love to at some point! Our team has actually done quite a few designs that we are excited about, but we want to hold off showing them until the plans are more finalized. If and when the announcement does come, we also want to make sure we have a good lineup to get everyone excited about the continuation of the series.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an announcement from Sideshow saying that they have decided to continue on with this line, but maybe if they see on the forums that there still is an interest it could happen.

I'd be very surprised if true and if they do, then those who are collecting the Mythos line will at least be happy.

Back