My star wars customs, mods 'n wips..update 5/17 shocktrooper...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiderrogue

Super Freak
Reaction score
decided to move my star wars bashes here...duh...lol..anywho..
lots of updates/redoes..etc....
most of my SW stuff are on new, better bodies...have some new paint apps...new gloves or boots...things like that..just some nice updates to some already great figures....
im wanting to take it to the next step and replacing the boots with real leather ones for all that need them and real leather belts as well...soon hopefully...lol...

my tie fighter pilot...he was my first one to redo...this is the 2nd time around that i updated him..didnt like how he was before..so i gave him new gloves and a different body(again)...and a few other small things...he does have a head under that helmet and it does come off....

DSC01003.jpg

DSC01002.jpg

Last edited:
Re: my star wars stuff...update..5/9

some of my newer ones(im posting them out of order...)
luke in ceremonial garb(want to replace the oversized hasbro jacket with a SSC one)...
DSC01545.jpg

DSC01544.jpg

DSC01543.jpg

a "background, what if" xwing pilot..."titun vance"....older, more experienced pilot...

DSC01542.jpg

DSC01541.jpg

DSC01540-1.jpg

DSC01539.jpg

a nice redo of the admiral(ackbar)..left him on the hasbro body..but tightened up the suit quit a bit...new boots and some paint...

DSC01514.jpg

DSC01513.jpg

DSC01512.jpg

my first jab at a custom clone trooper..months in the works....
went with all red..just liked how it looked...used a reg. body and sanded it down a ton to get the armor to fit(now i buy the SSC slim bodies..sigh)

DSC01518.jpg

DSC01517.jpg

DSC01516.jpg

DSC01515.jpg

my xwing luke...which i recently tore apart and used the body for my other XW pilot and the head for my ceremonial luke..lol..
DSC01509.jpg

DSC01508.jpg

DSC01507.jpg

Last edited:

my boushh..all SSC parts but the head and body...
DSC01479.jpg

DSC01478.jpg

DSC01477.jpg

my snowtrooper..this one gave me trouble..finally got it where i liked him..
DSC01457.jpg

DSC01456.jpg

DSC01455.jpg

DSC01454.jpg

Last edited:

DSC01368.jpg

DSC01367.jpg

DSC01366.jpg

DSC01365.jpg

DSC01363.jpg

DSC01362.jpg

DSC01361.jpg

DSC01360.jpg

DSC01359.jpg

on the empy...opened up his robes and looks much better...drybrushed some details on his face and new hands...didnt think i was gonna like redoing him or even wanting to get him..but he's actually one of my favorites so far..lol..go figure...he's creepy as heck too...

Last edited:

Yea, here I really only look at the SW forum and mainly the custom section.

Re: my star wars stuff...update..5/21 - stormtrooper...

my stormtrooper done..finally...i took parts from two or three different STs and ended up repainting it all white...sanded it down a bit for wear and tear...washed it with some black, etc....
finally i have my ST...phew..
this is actually my blue, new background...but with a little tweaking, i can get it to white/gray..get the ST so he actually looks white and not yellow..still need to play with my camera settings for this new background..lol..
DSC01578.jpg

DSC01577.jpg

DSC01576.jpg

Sorry to say, but not good. Breaking my heart seeing an imperial stormy like this ...
I like 'em neat and clean, glossy and flossy and bad to the bone ...

The "yellow" look is most like due to you using tungsten lighting:

https://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_tungsten_lighting

This tends to add a warm look to the pictures. You can filter this out using a camera filter or after the fact with a program. (as you did in a few of the shots). That article above may help because once you know the temperature of the lights you will then know better how to filter it for what ever desired effect you want.

Nice work SR.

Are you making them from stormtrooper/sandtrooper/blackhole trooper parts? If you want a helmet with the decals on it still (the little blue vent marks, and the eyes/other stuff) I find it best to get a sandtrooper helmet (always around toy anxiety etc now cus of desert sands) and use a alcohol based thing to strip the sand weathering off. I use tamiya's paint thinner and a cotton wool bud [careful here, some things will be way too strong and will ruin stuff! thats why i used an actual model paint thinner and some elbow grease rather than something more potent and risk ruin] that way you get a more accurate stormtrooper head!

Although the plastic will not be the same shade of white as painted white armour, so for mine i used a mix of 1:1 gryphon sepia/thraka green games workshop wash diluted in a lot of water to get the body areas to match - this didn't really make it look weathered, but it turned the white from the finest bone white to a more normal looking white that matched the plastic sideshow used. Do u use an airbrush? they're a god send for this kind of stuff, even the bog standard cheapest ones

Re: my star wars stuff...BOBA FETT!! 5/26

after months and months of working on him..he's finally done...
most of this is hasbro boba parts...he was a tough nut to crack..but i think that i finally like him..
DSC01616-1.jpg

DSC01615.jpg

DSC01613.jpg

Re: hello..boba fett here..everyone loves the fett...

Impressive what you can do with HASBROs ... just like the Snowtrooper, as standalone they clearly fail, but there a good base for customs.

Re: bring in the clones..update 7/2

some new clones...the 44nd one(green and white), i bought new in box..
the others..GREE and WAXER...i just bought loose parts and pieced them together over time...but they are like they would be right out of the box...so not really customs..per se..but still i did make the suits and painted the boots from GREE...so i did do a few things..lol..anywho..hope you enjoy them as much as i have so far..

DSC01798.jpg

DSC01797.jpg

DSC01796.jpg

DSC01795.jpg

DSC01794.jpg

DSC01793.jpg

DSC01792.jpg

They look great man!. U said u made the suit's? The black under suite? Can we see some pictures of those?

i Like the cloth ones all the way. Your asking for those shiny one to crack over time!

heres a tarkin hasbro Hs repaint that im doing..not done yet..
tarkinhead.jpg

and comm. bly that im piecing together using orig. parts n custom parts..
blywip.jpg

and mace that im doing..
mace55.jpg

Back