My stab at X-wing Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my attempt at the X-wing Luke I've always wanted... Jedi Luke with Hasblo flight suit, 1/6 scale helmet, belt and boots from Bespin Luke. Nowhere close to the awesome job Hurricane did with the Hoth gear, but I'm pretty happy with it. With all the Luke's Sideshow's cranked out lately, I'm wondering if they'll ever bother doing this one since they've done so many already. In the meantime I guess this one will have to do.

DSC00028.jpg

You stole my idea LOL. I still have the Hasbro POTJ 100th figure 12" Luke posed with my Sideshow figures. Sure, the face look like crap in comparison, but Hasbro did a great job on the outfit. I have an extra Jedi Luke, but I actually think Bespin Luke would look more X-Wing Luke-ish ... if that's even a word. Still waiting to find one a spare Bespin Luke body cheap.

But, your custom and setup look great. Keep up the good work.

Thanks guys! Yeah, lerath666, I wondered about the boots, and then I thought that after he left Degobah, he probably would still have had his Snow-speeder boots on (he wore them on Cloud City, after all!) and just ditched his jacket... So I kinda justified it as being the unseen period after he landed at Cloud City before he changed clothes! Bit of a stretch, I suppose, but I really didn't like the Jedi Luke boots but haven't found anything better to replace them with... I'll look for some BBI ones!

The suit fit without any re-tailoring, but I did have to take the white vest in at the back as it was way too bulky otherwise. The sleeves are pretty tight, but they went on OK once his hands were off.

Cool Biggs, Mooncat! I toyed with the idea of giving Luke a lobotomy to get the helmet on, but couldn't quite bring myself to do it. Maybe some day! Let me know if you decide to try!

I would love to have some proper black gloves for him... Are those the Hasbro gloves on your Biggs, Mooncat? Do you know if the Maul hands have a pistol-grip? I'd like to display him with his gun drawn...

The boots are fine. This is exactly how he looked when he first arrived on Dagobah and R2 fell into the swamp. Also looked the same when he was leaving for Bespin while Yoda and Ben were pleading with him not to go. Just watched the scene again and Luke wasn't wearing gloves for those two scenes. As for the poofy collar...I don't think it's necessary. It looks great the way it is, and wouldn't be worth the effort (and potential risk to the costume) to try to add it on.

I had sort of pegged this Luke as a post-Hoth ESB version myself; it's what worked with the pieces I had available. I love the Hurricane version with the soft-cap and the leather (?) jacket, (and proper collar) but don't have the foggiest idea how to duplicate it. Must have been custom made? Sure looked real, anyway. The only thing I've still yet to do to this Luke is to re-tailor the white vest, which is about a half-inch too long on the body, and maybe put some better straps on the chest box. Some day.

The Vader, DeadMan-Mart, is a Hurricane custom I've had for about 5 years or more, before he started putting lights in them. I'd love to have one of those, with the removable saber and all but I can't really justify it as this one is still so darn cool!

Anyone know if the Hasbro X-Wing helmet fits on the SSC Bespin Luke head?

NICE!

That's Patrick Luu's Chewbacca, right? I know his work.

Yup, that's the guy! I quite confess I forgot his name till just now (hard drive crash some time ago deleted a lot of info...) Had him for 3 years or so, and I still love him, though for scale he might be just a tiny wee bit too tall. Anyhow, Chewie and Hurricane's Vader are my two favorite pieces, and quite worth the $$$.

Here's my attempt at the X-wing Luke I've always wanted... Jedi Luke with Hasblo flight suit, 1/6 scale helmet, belt and boots from Bespin Luke. Nowhere close to the awesome job Hurricane did with the Hoth gear, but I'm pretty happy with it. With all the Luke's Sideshow's cranked out lately, I'm wondering if they'll ever bother doing this one since they've done so many already. In the meantime I guess this one will have to do.

DSC00028.jpg

Your work is beautiful! I liked the detail of the helmet and clothing. as did the effect of dirt on the helmet?

Back