My stab at X-wing Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HigHurtenflurst

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Here's my attempt at the X-wing Luke I've always wanted... Jedi Luke with Hasblo flight suit, 1/6 scale helmet, belt and boots from Bespin Luke. Nowhere close to the awesome job Hurricane did with the Hoth gear, but I'm pretty happy with it. With all the Luke's Sideshow's cranked out lately, I'm wondering if they'll ever bother doing this one since they've done so many already. In the meantime I guess this one will have to do.

DSC00028.jpg

If i may interject a question, and some creative critisim....
Is this an X-wing pilot or a snowspeeder Pilot Luke?
If it's intended as x-wing, then the boots are wrong. If it's intended as snowspeeder, he should have a jacket under the white vest with a poofy collar.
If you want x-wing, May I recomend going back to his original Jedi luke black boots? If, you don't have them, Any pair of black boots with no laces would work, but BBI boots look great. :)

Now that that's out of the way, He looks fantastic mate. Did you need to retailor the flightsuit to make the sleeves work? or did they just work out of the box?

Looks cool and reminds me of all the other possible Luke variations Sideshow can still do, which is great because Luke is one of most favorite characters.

Question Tomy Helms wont go on the SS Jedi Luke (His heads to big) - However this biggs head

DSCF0498.jpg

I cut the back out of his head to make it squeeze in and although he cant be displayed helmetless

I think it looks ok

Wondered if anyones cut into an SS head ?

The Hasbro biggs head was plastic and quite flexible ?

Giving Jedi Lukes head a squeeze it feels quite solid !

I dont think it is ? but anyone know for sure ?

BTW Excellent weathering on the Luke Helmet

Give him some gloves...

Maybe Maul's gloves if you have them???

Other than that, he looks great...especially the belt...

Indeed, quite nice job!
I would also like to know about the sleeves on the Hasblo flight suit. Did you have to re-tailor it? Or did it just fit?
Nice job sir!

Thanks guys! Yeah, lerath666, I wondered about the boots, and then I thought that after he left Degobah, he probably would still have had his Snow-speeder boots on (he wore them on Cloud City, after all!) and just ditched his jacket... So I kinda justified it as being the unseen period after he landed at Cloud City before he changed clothes! Bit of a stretch, I suppose, but I really didn't like the Jedi Luke boots but haven't found anything better to replace them with... I'll look for some BBI ones!

The suit fit without any re-tailoring, but I did have to take the white vest in at the back as it was way too bulky otherwise. The sleeves are pretty tight, but they went on OK once his hands were off.

Cool Biggs, Mooncat! I toyed with the idea of giving Luke a lobotomy to get the helmet on, but couldn't quite bring myself to do it. Maybe some day! Let me know if you decide to try!

I would love to have some proper black gloves for him... Are those the Hasbro gloves on your Biggs, Mooncat? Do you know if the Maul hands have a pistol-grip? I'd like to display him with his gun drawn...

The Maul gloves sort of have a pistol grip...that two finger force-hand...

It could work...

Actualy, It's DID not BBI , I goofed
Either get DID Willi Bauer Boots or DID Josef Wunsche Boots From toyanxiety.com. after you see them you'll understand why :)

Here's my attempt at the X-wing Luke I've always wanted... Jedi Luke with Hasblo flight suit, 1/6 scale helmet, belt and boots from Bespin Luke. Nowhere close to the awesome job Hurricane did with the Hoth gear, but I'm pretty happy with it. With all the Luke's Sideshow's cranked out lately, I'm wondering if they'll ever bother doing this one since they've done so many already. In the meantime I guess this one will have to do.

DSC00028.jpg

Looks awesome! You can almost hear him say, "Artoo? That way."

Last edited:
Looks good. Looks more like an ESB version... Add gray gloves, paint the boots a two-tone gray, and add a fatter collar - and you've got it.

speeder.jpg

Back