My review of Shaun and Ed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great review Michael, and right on the money. I can't wait to get Shaun and update him, so far Ed is finished with the painting and I'm trying to find out what else I am going to do with him. Maybe different shoes and no socks... But that fat suit... horrendous. I just cut holes in it and pulled out stuffing to make it look a bit better.

I didn't think I said it was inaccurate, I said the color on the top is a little too light. It should be the same color as the hands and antenna, and it's actually a shade lighter.

On top of that, it doesn't really look right when actually painted on. As I said in the review, the 2D version needs it to give the figure depth, but in person it just looks like two tone paint, not naturaly shading.

I could have confused the comment about the paint being inaccurate on Bender with the Robot Devil. Either way, I am just happy to see all my Futurama figures reviewed. I was hoping to see a Bender review before I purchased my guy, but oh well. Nice to know your thoughts as always Mike.

Did you not see where I said Ed was a 5/10 at best from my initial and honestly looking at it I think it might be worse? When I said I might be higher is on the buck body because IMO its not that bad. Its not the greatest ever but I don't hate it.

If you took the actual time to read you might have gotten that.

Last edited:
I hate to see open joints...SS should invent skin to hide this, not muscle bodies like ht but more like sleeves..

Dragon has done the sleeves, and unfortunately they usually just look lumpy. Visible articulation is just the price you pay for figures... but it can be better looking, which hopefully the new prometheus will help address.

Back