My Office Showroom Build (Display, Lighting, Mod Tips & Service)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My office showroom. (Display, Lighting, Mod Tips & Service)

I noticed earlier today that Flickr seems to be having some issue serving up some photos - a lot of the links are currently failing to appear and don't show any broken link image - just nothing. So be warned that a lot of recent images may not show up until the issue is fixed on their end.

If you want a place to host photos, I have unlimited web space and I can set you up with an FTP account.

I've also got unlimited web space, but there isn't a really great web app that offers a nice polished UI and the capabilities of Flickr. Everything out there kind of sucks actually, Trovebox (formerly Open Photo) is by far the best and that's not saying much. ;)

Looks like Ikea is going to discontinue your Klingsbo cabinet. I was at Ikea last weekend to buy some but couldnt find any. Also nothing on the internet. The tall one, coffetable and the smaller table are still available though. Lets hope they will get it back and it is just a temporary thing. I ended up buying another Kallax 4x4. I left a few shelves away to build bigger shelves. However it is not very satisfying as I really wanted the Klingsbo and liked the idea. It was perfect for my He-Man collection... :dunno

I think they discontinued this Klingsbo a while back already. I can't recall if someone else here mentioned it, but it's been gone from IKEA for a while. It was pricy and I did get one via Kijiji (like Craigslist), but the other two were the biggest spends for my entire office, at $300 each. If I had to do it again, with more time I'd just build my own similar cabinet with glass custom cut.

I haven't had much time to do anything new display-wise in my office as I've been spending all my time developing a number of products previously mentioned and fulfilling orders, but I've added a few items to the R&D workbench that are also finding a permanent home in my display cabinets.

Added in the past few months:

Hot Toys Batman Armory - battery eliminator package available now.

armory_test.jpgIMG_1957.jpgIMG_1958.jpg

Sideshow Probe Droid - working on battery eliminator and remote control light+sound package

Currently in the process of designing an expandable remote control sound module with USB sound uploading. You'll be able to connect 3 additional modules to operate from the same remote control and place them any distance apart using easy/standard cables. Very excited about this one.

In Yoda's voice: 'Strong with this one it is, the innovation force...' :)

Very nice displays and great ideas PP!

I broke a lot of the image links with a recent update to my Flickr publish collection - I'll be updating the thread to fix this over the next week or so.

Thanks! Still need to get around to fixing a lot of the image links. I had to make a few more updates to Flickr which broke a few more, so I didn't take the time to fix anything yet.

Undressing the Skin - Phicen Seamless Silicone Body with Steel Skeleton

There are a few more images on Flickr which more clearly show naughty bits.

Last edited:
Great thread. But of a shame that about 50% of the images are gone though :(

The links are just broken, I have to edit the posts to fix them - you should be able to click on most of them to see the correct image on Flickr - otherwise just click on any working image or on the Flickr icon under my forum Avatar to go to my Photostream where you can see all the photos and browse by album too.

Re: My office "showroom" build-out.

Heh Pix, I have a few questions about this method of lightning a detolf. Do you prefer me asking here or in PM?

Last edited:
I sent you a PM yesterday Pix. Just disregard the question about the wiring in the carpet. I'm going to cut some MDF and paint it to put underneath the Detolf's. Should get them up just enough to run the wire underneath the detolf if needed. Thanks again.

Sorry, I was out all day today, I'll have some time to reply tomorrow. Incidentally, I'm working on my long-overdue commercial lighting for Detolf and other cabinets still, so I won't give away all my secrets, but should still be able to get you sorted. ;)

Sorry, I was out all day today, I'll have some time to reply tomorrow. Incidentally, I'm working on my long-overdue commercial lighting for Detolf and other cabinets still, so I won't give away all my secrets, but should still be able to get you sorted. ;)

No worries Pix. I wasn't concerned. We all have lives outside of this forum......right? LOL. Hopefully my questions don't require you to give away all your secrets.

Anyone else have a room like this?

01.jpg

This is my supplies and storage closet off my workshop. There's one large box of padded mailers in the center of the photo and another one I put in there after the photo - needless to say, most of the supplies have to be kept elsewhere.

The empty boxes take up a lot of space, but the plastic bins are all full of goodness, Hasbro SW and other stuff I can't display right now. There are also a few comic-book boxes full of McFarlane Spawn figures (ugh).

Last edited:
Back