My new Star wars PF figure display

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zoomaround said:
Great display. I'm wondering if you have them mounted on the shelves somehow or are they free standing. I'm thinking about getting individual display cases for my collection but I'm not sure how to display them, i.e., shelves, pedestals or a custom-made cabinet.
NOTE: I live in earthquake country so I have to make sure everything is affixed to a wall, floor, etc.

They stand free...not mounted. So I can move themm around as more PF's come out.

I'm so jealous. Can't wait to check it out.

Still coming down this Saturday?

Looking good!

I think installing lighting over the cases to show off the detail would be cool.

That's the plan. I am looking for a track lighting system I like now.

I wouldn't go that far.

For real, nice set up so far!

Give me time! LOL just kidding.I doubt I'll ever be able to get AS fancy as you, but the last thing you need here is more ego stroking LOL!:rotfl

LOL

Thanks. It looks really nice and just wait until you get lighting installed.

;)

carbo-fation said:
That looks really good!:D Have you thought about adding some background graphics like posters? That would look even better.:)

Yes, I actually had thought about copying Gruson's idea with the framed pics and mini posters. I had mentioned it to him before about doing an AVP one and he didn't protest so maybe I am safe doing it for Star Wars.

I would try to do something a little different so i didn't look like a TOTAL copy cat LOL. I just LOVE what he did with those and think they add a lot.

What do you think Gruson? would you be offended if I borrowed the idea?

I can't wait to get some track lighting installed to spotlight them. it's gonna be a bit of a pain though since I have no power source in the ceiling. I'll have to have that installed by a pro.

KitFisto said:
Yes, I actually had thought about copying Gruson's idea with the framed pics and mini posters. I had mentioned it to him before about doing an AVP one and he didn't protest so maybe I am safe doing it for Star Wars.

I would try to do something a little different so i didn't look like a TOTAL copy cat LOL. I just LOVE what he did with those and think they add a lot.

What do you think Gruson? would you be offended if I borrowed the idea?

I can't wait to get some track lighting installed to spotlight them. it's gonna be a bit of a pain though since I have no power source in the ceiling. I'll have to have that installed by a pro.

Lol well I'ver already copied Gruson on one of my PF displays. Have a framed mini poster and still from the film:monkey3
Looks freaking AWESOME. Grusons display is the envy of every collector.

I think it would be a good idea.

I actually kind of got the idea from Chris King. He frames "insert" posters around his collectibles.

Since Hollywood stopped making insert posters in the late 80s, I realized that would not work for me since I would have pieces from movies made after the 80s.

So, I remembered that moviegoods made "mini" posters for almost every movie released and I found that a couple of 8x10s worked great with them. Add a nice professional matte job and it looked perfect.

There you have it. :)

I look forward to seeing that AvP set up, as well as others.

Copycat.

lol, j/k.

When you do, IKEA has some awesome track lighting. That is where I got mine from:

lotr12so.jpg

That is if you have IKEA in your neighborhood. :monkey3

Ben and Vader's acrylic case came today. Man that thing was in a HUGE box.

Here are Ben and Vader in their new case. I had to post something since I am sad my jabba, throne and Frodo PF didn't come today due to weather!

Mini-Rock said:
Oh man! That :rock 's! My case should arrive any day now. Congrats!

Thanks, that's high praise after seeing how awesome your display is. I have the mini posters on the way along with some 8X10's so I can copy Gruson's style on the framed pieces. I think it will add a lot once framed and hung.

Back