My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I said in the other thread. I'm sure with a daugher I will be venturing into the world of hot pink and glitter very soon.

That said my wife and I just found out yesterday that we have been granted our wish for having a baby boy. So soon enough things will be balanced. :lol

You never watched Powerpuff Girls?

:nono:nono:nono
How dare you compare powerpuff girls with My little pony... how dare you

they were superheroes that kicked bad guys in the ass, they beat up monkeys and demons and all kinds of bad guys, yes the girls were girly, but the show was not meant to be girly, it is not the same

my litle pony is closer to carebears

[ame]https://youtu.be/5Hs5ANeQkOE[/ame]

To me there is a difference. I can buy us nerds that like to collect statues of super heros and GI Joe and what have you.

It's another thing to collect and obsess over purple and pink glittered ponies and yank your pp to them. :lol

And yes I do understand not all are doing the yanking. But I still find it more than a little disturbing all the same. :lol
I don't like to be too overly judgmental about things, because the fact is that many of us do collect "dollies" of a sort, and the arguments that statues are cool to own but getting articulated high end figures is childish seems ridiculous to me.

But I agree that there is a distinction that is pretty glaring with some of these things. Getting toys from a TV show designed to entertain young girls about ponies is not really comparable to, say, a Joker figure wearing "real" clothes. Just like a statue of "sexy" pre-teen anime girls in bondage is not the same as a statue of Black Widow. Some of these things cross a line into bizarreness and, potentially, creepiness. Someone recently posted this, and I think it's a good litmus test:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4652657&postcount=928

Would a "regular" person go into your house, see your collection, and think of you as just a huge nerd? Or something potentially more frightening?

And the guys interviewed for that Howard Stern spot may not make up all fans of this stuff, but they seem to make up a fair chunk, and the fact that those people would not only behave that way, but would be open enough to talk to Stern's crew about it in a public setting for radio broadcast that way signifies to me that there is something very wrong with all this.

Having said that, as long as folks aren't injuring others in the process, I think they should be able to do and be into whatever the hell they want to. But I think it is sometimes healthy to step back a bit and look critically at what you are doing and what is going on, and to try to put things in a larger context. I do that myself with my own collecting habits from time to time.

On another note--congrats on the news, Badmoon!

:nono:nono:nono
How dare you compare powerpuff girls with My little pony... how dare you

they were superheroes that kicked bad guys in the ass, they beat up monkeys and demons and all kinds of bad guys, yes the girls were girly, but the show was not meant to be girly, it is not the same

my litle pony is closer to carebears

Both shows are done by the same person. That is why they are normally compared. :slap

You guys are about a year behind when asking about men watching Gen4 My Little Pony. Aren't we past this yet? :impatient:

553883_501645859861996_1326180675_n.jpg

As I said in the other thread. I'm sure with a daugher I will be venturing into the world of hot pink and glitter very soon.

That said my wife and I just found out yesterday that we have been granted our wish for having a baby boy. So soon enough things will be balanced. :lol

Congrats!!!!! :clap

Both shows are done by the same person. That is why they are normally compared. :slap

You guys are about a year behind when asking about men watching Gen4 My Little Pony. Aren't we past this yet? :impatient:

they might be made by the same person, but they are very very different shows, they are both "girly" but one was a fighting show while the other is about baby horses, :)

It's a nice, lighthearted, wholesome program. I enjoy it thoroughly and I initially didn't think I would. I was flipping channels one day and stopped on the show and it was great. I guess I am a little immature, though. I also watch cartoons like Adventure Time and Regular Show as well.

I do think the guys wearing pony costumes and watching pony hentai are the dark side of it, though.

they might be made by the same person, but they are very very different shows, they are both "girly" but one was a fighting show while the other is about baby horses, :)

Originally the new MLP show was supposed to be reminiscent of Power Puff Girls. The Mane 6 ponies were actually going to go on adventures and get in fights every episode. At some point it involved in to what we have now. The first season actually still has a few episodes where the team search for and fight giant creatures which resulted from this original idea. What the show is now is essentially a perfect mix to meet the needs of both girly-girls and guys.

Originally the new MLP show was supposed to be reminiscent of Power Puff Girls. The Mane 6 ponies were actually going to go on adventures and get in fights every episode. At some point it involved in to what we have now. The first season actually still has a few episodes where the team search for and fight giant creatures which resulted from this original idea. What the show is now is essentially a perfect mix to meet the needs of both girly-girls and guys.

that's interesting,

They had these freaks on Howard Stern the other day. I knew we had weirdos on the boards but not this level.

Some of you guys have real issues. :horror

I just heard this...All those dudes should be put in a mental home...mastrubating to "Pony's" thats sick. If your a dude and like this crap, you have serious problems. Couldn't believe it. I see why they all live at home and have no GF's. :pow

Back