My IRON MAN BUST 1:1 video Review.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gf painted a black-white art for my birthday. This is how I display mine now.

p1122573.jpg

anyone know where to source one of these in the uk? Play were doing them with a code and quidco and worked out at around £370 but i think its sold out...

newbie question, but I was wondering if this thing is actually limited edition to 1500 as it says on sideshowtoy.com?

a friend of mine told me that this piece no longer is limited to 1500, due to the peeling and cracking incidents, that they paint and restored the faulty ones to battle damaged edition or something.

Anyone could clarify a bit more on this?

thanks.:peace

Yeah i have also read that due to poor quality on some of the iron man busts, they have been touched up and made to battle damaged iron man. Not to sure about weather these are limited to 1500. Im really trying to find one of these in the uk but they are going for stupid money, some as much as £1000 so maybe they are limited. Found one place taking an order for £730 delivered. Must say im very tempted as this looks so so good. If anyone knows of of one going cheaper uk based, please let me know.

Thanks Jerry and fuzzylojiks.

She is taking special drawing lessons and she told me that she worked full 4 lessons time on this one with her teacher.

I am spoiled with this and I am planning to ask her to draw a Thing or Venom bust next :D

Thanks Jerry and fuzzylojiks.

She is taking special drawing lessons and she told me that she worked full 4 lessons time on this one with her teacher.

I am spoiled with this and I am planning to ask her to draw a Thing or Venom bust next :D

Yeah we did that a lot in art class, drawing statues/busts is really good practice and they don't move around as much as real humans. Nudes were the most fun of course... umm.. that's what others in the class told me anyways.

Found one place taking an order for £730 delivered. Must say im very tempted as this looks so so good. If anyone knows of of one going cheaper uk based, please let me know.

One thing I bitter experienced in collecting business is that you should buy an item if you find it for a fair price. If you continue looking for cheaper, you might end up loosing it at the fair price and had to pay twice later down the road.

Iron man mark III bust is the best life size bust out there after venom imho. 730 Sterlins in UK is a very fair price also. Don't miss it

One thing I bitter experienced in collecting business is that you should buy an item if you find it for a fair price. If you continue looking for cheaper, you might end up loosing it at the fair price and had to pay twice later down the road.

Iron man mark III bust is the best life size bust out there after venom imho. 730 Sterlins in UK is a very fair price also. Don't miss it

Yeah it's a give and take thing. The problem is a fair price is really arbitrary so you can end up overpaying and such. :( It really depends on the popularity of the product too. I think this down the line is just going to get more expensive as long as no one else makes it.

I just got this btw, my first bust.

I wasnt sure of buying it at first and was kinda hesitant. But after seeing the actual thing and putting it next to my TV set, Im glad I went ahead with it.

This thing is a beauty :rock

ps: how do you normally clean your bust? any suggestions? as Ive been seeing paint cracks etc, so Im kinda worried that I might screw this up :monkey1

Need some good advice as i have seen one for £720 in the uk. He is taking orders and estimated 10 to 14 days delivered if there are no probs. I also have the option of getting the battle damaged from france for £540 delivered but obviously customs may get there grubby paws on it. What do u think is the better option with regards to quality and price?
Is the un-damaged that much better?
I have spent stupid money of late on bat pod and tumbler and figures etc and i was going to buy the hot toys iron man until i fell in love with this so im hoping to get this and try and not buy any more for a while :confused: :lol
your comments are greatly appreciated.

Yeah i know deep down i want the normal version and i think that would always be in the back of my mind if i went for the battle damaged. Im just hoping this site can get this as i cant find it anywhere in the uk. I also thought that as the damage looks to even and planted. Still a stunning piece mind.

buy the normal version.

the battle damaged looks too clean and the paint app is too symmetrical to be battle damaged.

my 2 C

SSC fixed that already. They took off most of the padding off the boxes and shipped it in a duffel bag without Fragile or This side up!

That's fixed most pieces but if you get a flawed symmetrical shaped piece, you can send it back and forth a few times and it should help.

:rotfl

too bad I dont have the luxury of sending these back and forth if they screw it up, since I dont live in the US.

SSC fixed that already. They took off most of the padding off the boxes and shipped it in a duffel bag without Fragile or This side up!

That's fixed most pieces but if you get a flawed symmetrical shaped piece, you can send it back and forth a few times and it should help.

Back