My IM Mk3 Battle Damaged + Remote USB Lights!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what do u mean? i cleaned up the wires even more now so theyre barely noticeable, tucked them under shoulder armor and back, etc.

Which are well hidden from the front, but still there and makes you tied to the stand. Don't get me wrong, its incredibly impressive... just curious if the same thing could be pulled off w/o wires or being plugged in.

Yeah its called using batteries!

Everybody's a comedian :thud:

did you notice the micro-deans connector in the pics? I can disconnect/connect IM as i please.

Sorry if my question has bothered you, certainly not intended as a jab at your talent... I will now take leave of your thread :lol

Which are well hidden from the front, but still there and makes you tied to the stand. Don't get me wrong, its incredibly impressive... just curious if the same thing could be pulled off w/o wires or being plugged in.

Everybody's a comedian :thud:

Hey you know the saying: Ask a stupid question...:nana:

Re: My IM Mk3 Battle Damaged mods + USB Lights!

hey, great stuff modding the mkiii! Could u tell me how u opened the torso? I would like to do a repaint but am not sure how to open up the torso. Also, it is possible to separate the body from the hips in order to access the entire torso so as to paint it? Tks man!

Great Job, Buters! Great improvement on the looks when you tucked in the wires for the arms. I have to say, though, the most impressive is that work on the helmet. Top Notch! If I remember from your original post you used some sort of resistor or is it just straight on connected to a USB source?
One other comment, why didn't you paint the showing wires cherry red to further disguise it?

Re: My IM Mk3 Battle Damaged mods + USB Lights!

hey, great stuff modding the mkiii! Could u tell me how u opened the torso? I would like to do a repaint but am not sure how to open up the torso. Also, it is possible to separate the body from the hips in order to access the entire torso so as to paint it? Tks man!

i just opened the back via the two screws near the flaps.

Great Job, Buters! Great improvement on the looks when you tucked in the wires for the arms. I have to say, though, the most impressive is that work on the helmet. Top Notch! If I remember from your original post you used some sort of resistor or is it just straight on connected to a USB source?
One other comment, why didn't you paint the showing wires cherry red to further disguise it?

my painting sucks, i just left it, BARELY noticeable. i used a 100ohm resistor. as for the light up helmet, it is at a current stand still since I do not know how to power up all those lights at the same time, not enough power somewhere. But i prove that it could be done with the removable face mask.

Back