My Han Solo SSE #112 Stolen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So that's the same guy who stole from you? I would call them again, this is pretty blatant, I'm sure with that kind of proof that you could do something, do you have some printed out copies showing that you sold him a Han exclusive? Just make sure that you do that, Also I would add a comment on his sale that the guy stole it from you by misreporting that he didn't recieve it, just so that someone doesn't buy it.

Why dont we scam the scammer...

If somebody from the board wins the auction, pays for it and then files a claim with Paypal once item arrives (for non delivery)..... easy.

Daveyjaro then gets his $$'s back.

WW :lsvader

Look what's in his description:
"You MUST take Insurance as Too many Buyers Outside The USA like to say they Never Received The Package"
:duh

Shipping Box looks authentic as #140, best way to tell is to see if Edition Box is marked with same number. Seller claims the shipping box is factory-sealed, but he could have switched them out or sold yours privately.

Hard to tell...

I would do a search on Ebay for past listings to see if anyone has put up a listing for a Han Solo exclusive #140 to make sure if someone had a previous posting on that number.

Someone should send the current bidders links to this thread and let them know what kind of scum they are about to give money to.

I sent a box of Star Wars figures to this lady in France, selling them for about 90 dollars... And I tried to be nice, telling her I'd ship it and then give her the cost for shipping. It then cost me $89 to ship,taking the entire amount of the profit just to get it out to her. She now has recieved it, yet refused to pay shipping now as it was so much.

I still have the receipt and she is no longer registered on Ebay. She swears that I am scamming her and am trying to charge crazy amounts for shipping. It's the most retarted thing in the world. And I cannot do a thing to stop her....:sick

So....I feel your pain. It sucks when things like this happen. That money was going to go towards my SDCC trip!! D'oh!! :monkey4

Heh, thanks for the good advice guys. At least some of you got Ebay to take action after filing a claim. I filed a claim about a year ago on an item which was extremely different than described. It was broken. And it didn't happen during transport, I can tell you that. I am still waiting on a reaction from or Ebay "friends". I lost much more than $500 on that Ebay transaction. It is hard to control a medium like Ebay. But if you provide a platform of this kind, the least you can do, is take claims seriously. I say **** you Ebay!

How are we certain that he is the scammer? He told me that if I won the acution, he would open up the item for me and photograph it.

iansilv said:
How are we certain that he is the scammer? He told me that if I won the acution, he would open up the item for me and photograph it.

I asked him for more photos and he told me the same thing, that it's sealed, but that the winner can request more photos before it ships.

I am certain he is a scammer because he scammed me out of $500 and has the Han Solo SSE #112 sitting in his house. Check out the beginning of this huge thread for more information.

Heck, maybe he got his name pulled on a wait list and got another one. Course he does not need that one from the wait list since he has my stolen one already, so he sells it. Or, maybe it is my figure with a bogus #140 written on the box so he can dump the evidence. If you win it and it is actually #112, please let me know.

Besides being a scammer, he was the rudest person I have EVER encountered on ebay. I do believe in karma though, and what comes around goes around. His day is coming.

Bonehead15 said:
Correct.

Paypal will always side with a buyer instead of the seller. I had something like this happen to me also but I was the buyer. The seller sent me an empty box with a confirmation number. I filed a complaint with Paypal but since the seller had a confirmation number he won the complaint. For a while this was a common scam, but now Paypal asks you when you file a complaint if you were sent an empty box.
i was the seller and this happened internationally.
absolutely NO NO NO seller protection.

so yeah...he said I send a box with trash in it >.>
omg..

elwood49 said:
I have no doubt that the buyer scammed you based on your story. However, you DID NOT protect yourself.

Misconception: Shipping Insurance is for the buyer's protection. WRONG!

Reality: Shipping Insurances protects the SELLER for lost shipments. It is the responsibility of the seller to deliver the item to the buyer. I learned this myself, just today as a matter of fact. This is an important lesson for new sellers, and I had never heard it before today.

I had a buyer who hadn't yet received his statues that I shipped out Jan. 10 (I know it hasn't been that long, but people on Ebay aren't the smartest). He didn't buy insurance, and I started checking around about whose responsibility it was. It was MY responsibility as a seller to get insurance if I wanted it. If the item got lost in the mail, then Paypal would see that it never got delivered. The buyer is protected through his/her Credit Card or Paypal, so shipping insurance for the buyer is not needed. Luckily, he e-mailed me today and told me that they arrived.

This doesn't relate to your post, but Always ship internationally with Global Express (EMS), UPS, FedEx, or DHL. I shudder to think of the expensive items I shipped internationally with Airmail Parcel Post before I really learned the ropes of being a seller. I wouldn't have been covered at all. I'll ONLY ship internationally with Global Express, for the reasons that JS and Gruson stated.

Jesse's advice is also good. NEVER leave money in your Paypal account. Always take it out immediately. There is no fee for an automatic transfer. Do it and do it often.

I've got 100% rating on Ebay as well, but I've had a few close calls. It can get scary, especially when dealing with REALLY expensive items. I had a problem with a $1,300 item I shipped to Spain once, which freaked me out.

DJ, if you had insured the item, then you could either get your money back that way or the Post Office could investigate and prove that it was delivered.

Also, always use signature confirmation on items that are $250 or over as required under the Seller Protection Policy.

but EMS costs so much...
would buyers really choose that option ?
I'm having trouble asking for an EMS shippng price... >.>

Back