My gift to you my fellow freaks :D

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just meant i didn't really understand where the thread was going even though i knew where you got them from. it's all very mysterious.
no, i'm not making any bases for these. they are nice though and i may think about getting one or at least taking a look at them.

yeah I didn't quite know how to word it properly but you know why I do it like this :p (hmm maybe not I don't remember if I mentioned the reasoning behind this in my earlier PMs :p)

I may go and buy a lathe to attempt to make the covers for the base and top myself out of MDF and/or acrylic this weekend . But I definitely need to spread out the cost of the tool this time as I am likely only needing three of these myself. So let me know if you want any and how many of each type. Shipping at least should be cheaper on these :eek:

Last edited:
Nice...but it looks like a glass prison
tubecase2.jpg

Geil that is cheap. I have some that are a little bigger but if I remember right they were running $40 each. Are they plexy or glass?

here are mine.

attachment.php

<----------wonders if he's a good freak or bad freak.......:dunno

Wow Robbie, that is a fantastic case!

How cheap are these? I'd love to get a bunch for my collection, make it look more museum like.

I got my hands on some acrylic tubing but its still $$ and nowhere near as cheap as these glass ones.. and Robbie is a nice guy so PM on its way though I am not even sure if you can still get these as they may have been discontinued..
mine are all trashed as I had a freak accident where my custom shelve tipped over and I broke a few cases and all of these tubes :(
BTW PPill man you must have had way too much time on hand to dig this thread out from the past :D

Wow Robbie, that is a fantastic case!

How cheap are these? I'd love to get a bunch for my collection, make it look more museum like.

They aren't cheap. If I remember right the tube cost me $40 and then I made the tops and bottoms out of MDF (medium density fiberboard). You can find it at the lumber yards. Its three layers glued and screwed together. I got the little 3 bulb lights from Home Depot that are inserted into the top and then plug into the wall. I have had mine on non-stop for something like 2 years. They make a great night light. :yess:

I have five up and on display and three more tubes sitting in my closet. Never got around to making them.

Back