My first custom - Dengar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today, Dengar's getting a day off to relax and I'm gonna work on weathering his suit, finishing dry brushing his armour to make it look a little like the Kotobukiya figure and maybe try work on adding material to his gloves. Thanks again for all the kind words of encouragement!

Welcome to Uncle Chewies custom shop! And Dengar looks brilliant. Great use of fabric so far.

Thanks again everyone for all the positive comments. Ron, I will never forget the first time I saw your Dengar - you planted the seed, man...Chakaman gave me the kick in the butt I needed to get started!

Thanks again everyone for all the positive comments. Ron, I will never forget the first time I saw your Dengar - you planted the seed, man...Chakaman gave me the kick in the butt I needed to get started!

and you gave me the major kick to the stones to redo my Dengar head!:D

I know I’m gonna regret not getting some of the trooper armour from Toy Anxiety before it was snapped up, but I can always do an upgrade down the line. Any help I can give you with your Dengar, just ask!

First off, fantastic work man. I know it's only the head so far but if the rest of the figure matches the head this could very well be the Dengar that all others are judged by (no pressure:D).

Keep checking Toy Anxiety as much as possible. He seems to put Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper armour on there quite regularly. Just recently they have started sending inventory updates via email so it would not be a bad idea to get on their mailing list.

Once again great work on the head.

Keep checking Toy Anxiety as much as possible. He seems to put Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper armour on there quite regularly. Just recently they have started sending inventory updates via email so it would not be a bad idea to get on their mailing list.

Once again great work on the head.

what he said.............:lecture

Hi all, just a quick update on some work I done yesterday. I added some cloth to the gloves and weathered the armour, not 100% happy but it's a start, again all comments and feedback are more than welcome!

GREAT!!!!!

Please tell me something about the gloves....I feel the urge to use cloth gloves myself,but I SUCK Big time in sewing....

GREAT!!!!!

Please tell me something about the gloves....I feel the urge to use cloth gloves myself,but I SUCK Big time in sewing....

I SUCK big time in sewing also mate!! To make the gloves I simply removed the sleeves from an old 1/6 scale shirt and then placed them over a pair of sideshow civil war gloves. I used pva glue and tried match the seems of the cloth to the seems of the plastic gloves. I then added a few coats of an acrlyic wash to try match up the colours. A good tip I would say is to find a pair of sleeves with a nice piece of stiching on them that will show up nicely on the gloves. I've taken some pics as I went along and will post them up once I'm finished. Hope this helps.

SInce you are also doing a Dengar, what color do you think the armor is?? a dirty, blackish brown?? kinda hard to tell in most reference pics. I dont like the purple-ish Hasbro color.

Burnt umber is the brown that I think will work best, Chakaman and then I wash of black to darken it in places. Dry brushing with a silver should give the weathered effect then, it's all trial and error with me at the moment tho! I have a sandtrooper waist and cod piece, I'll give it a go tonight and try post some pics tomorrow.

Burnt umber is the brown that I think will work best, Chakaman and then I wash of black to darken it in places. Dry brushing with a silver should give the weathered effect then, it's all trial and error with me at the moment tho! I have a sandtrooper waist and cod piece, I'll give it a go tonight and try post some pics tomorrow.

Burnt umber, thats what I am using as we speak. Whew! Thanks!!

Back