My first custom - Dengar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bidufarewell

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all, this is my first ever custom attempt, inspired by Chakaman’s amazing Dengar a few days back. I’m concentrating on the head at the moment (I kind of cheated by using an existing head sculpt and attempting to paint it up a bit) and especially the head wrappings, not sure if I’m happy with it yet… I’m hoping to move on to the backpack next and hopefully make the moccasins type boots. I’ll probably stay with the hasbro armour for now, I’ve attempted to dry brush it with some silver to weather it a little, I’ll let you know how it turns out! I’m kind of waiting now to follow Chakaman’s lead, as I’m not sure about weapons and stuff. Any feedback or suggestions are more than welcome!….I’m already thinking about my next custom…..inspired by Barryo’s wonderful Tusken!

That head looks fantastic!! Nice job!

Thanks for the kind words, I cant tell you how many people have inspired me to get better. I must say, that Dengar head is better than mine!! You have made me want to rework mine now. :D

My Dengar is on hold as I am waiting on some Stormtrooper armor. I am not 100% happy with the Hasbro armor.

Welcome to the boards, looking forward to see more of your work in the future.

Chris

Lookin brilliant man, I love the neck cover, what jhave you used it looks spot on!!

mark

p.s. There is no suck thing as cheatin in my 1/6th scale book!!

That looks great bid! If this is what you can do on attempt number 1, I can't wait to see what you've got in a couple months.

I'm starting to get a complex though. With all the copying and like projects going on, how come nobody's copying me :D. Do I inspire no one with my Uncle Owens and Rebel techs? :monkey2:rotfl

Keep up the good work. We'll have to follow this one (and Chaka's too!) Whoever makes the best one gets...well, nothing (aside from having a cool figure in your collection that nobody else has)

Guys, thanks for the kind words, I held my breathe waiting for a response to my first post, to have you guys comment on my work is an honour.

I used an old ignite tunic for the neck cover and fed some wire through the seam to help me get the right shape around the face. I swiped a couple of brass coloured buttons from my daughter's Ken doll (all is fair in love and 1/6!!) I'm not sure about the head wrap, it's elastic bandage (excellect to work with though as it's sticky back and easy to get the creases you want and stuff)

I know you're new around here, but Ken (for cool, macho guy purposes) is an action figure! :banana

Only Mark plays with dolls.

That looks great bid! If this is what you can do on attempt number 1, I can't wait to see what you've got in a couple months.

I'm starting to get a complex though. With all the copying and like projects going on, how come nobody's copying me :D. Do I inspire no one with my Uncle Owens and Rebel techs? :monkey2:rotfl

Keep up the good work. We'll have to follow this one (and Chaka's too!) Whoever makes the best one gets...well, nothing (aside from having a cool figure in your collection that nobody else has)

Not to derail this thread, but I am working on a Rebel Tech my friend!! Its all because of you!!:D

Oh yeah, and Dengar v2.

thats the way to break the ice........:lol
jump right in...........great work. the guys who posted above are some of the best, nicest, & knowledgeable people on the board but there are many more here as well. great sculpt man, look forward to the rest.

Not to derail this thread, but I am working on a Rebel Tech my friend!! Its all because of you!!:D

Oh yeah, and Dengar v2.

Crap, soon I'll have the 2nd best tech. Why'd I open my big pie hole:lol

Sorry bid. Just messin' around. You have an IOU to interject any nonsense into one of my threads any time you like.

how come nobody's copying me :D. Do I inspire no one with my Uncle Owens and Rebel techs? :monkey2:rotfl

Don't worry I am stealing your ideas, I am in the process of tracking down 1/6 scale versions of the British uniforms the guards wear so I can make 2 of them myself.:D I have uniforms that will work, but I'm just trying to see if I can find the exact uniform. I would like to make a general also of I can track down a head.

Never! Action figures, action figures, action figures.

But to get back on track, out of curiosity bid, do you have a vision of where you're going? Are you gonna do a bounty hunter lineup? Just bad guys? Just ESB guys? Do you collect regular SS releases too?

Like barro said, you just jumped right in-we hardly know ya.

I make good guys and easy dios from ANH only. I'm too broke to expand out....for now anyway.
Jeff

I know you're new around here, but Ken (for cool, macho guy purposes) is an action figure!

Only Mark plays with dolls.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl so true... :lol

nah, jk, Dorgs is cool.

and, sorry to break it to you IMPoor, but apparently bid joined up in Dec '09... I think 5 months isn't quite "new"... I'd say he's getting a little stale...

(well his post avg per day is 0.09, pretty low... mine's 4.55 :lol)

Ha, well now people are following your example... but has anyone here copied me and made their own clone-armor bounty hunter using only notebook paper, McDonald's cups and super glue? I think not. :lol People might like my next idea a little better tho...

Nice work so far bid, can't wait to see the rest of him! If there is one yet... he's gotta be a little more than just a head... or are you making a super battle damaged version of him? :lol

looks really good man! that heads works really well for this figure. do you know what sculpt it is or what figure it came from? i really want to do a dengar fig very soon.

OK...this is another thread I´ll have to follow....and get inspirations for my own Dengar project.
BTW...which head did you use???? And the headwrap and neckwrap look pretty cool....spot on me thinks.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm as for the Blaster and stuff...there are quite some pictures of Dengar floating around...Some even with sidearm and a Valken-38 Blaster...

Check the Link and I am sure you will get an idea about his armoury

Dengar

Never! Action figures, action figures, action figures.

But to get back on track, out of curiosity bid, do you have a vision of where you're going? Are you gonna do a bounty hunter lineup? Just bad guys? Just ESB guys? Do you collect regular SS releases too?

Like barro said, you just jumped right in-we hardly know ya.

I make good guys and easy dios from ANH only. I'm too broke to expand out....for now anyway.
Jeff

Jeff , I did really jump right in here, until yesterday I didn’t actually own any new Sideshow figures, but I’ve probably had about 50 loose figures come and go over the last year, or so. Before this I only really dressed the figures up and played around with them a bit I’ve never really tried anything like this.

Yesterday, however, things changed! My wife bought me some figures when they were going cheap from Go Hastings a few months back and had them sent to my brother in California, he forwarded them on to me and I received them yesterday with my St Patrick’s Day card!!…So now I’m the proud owner of Tatooine Luke, Ben and Smuggler Han.

I love the original trilogy, bounty hunters, skiff guards, Jabba’s palce and cantina aliens. I’d love to do a Tusken Raider next or a Skiff Guard Lando or maybe try a few Jawas. I also have a idea for a Lobot.

At the moment I really am winging it!!

looks really good man! that heads works really well for this figure. do you know what sculpt it is or what figure it came from? i really want to do a dengar fig very soon.

Thanks Ryan1982, eversince I got my hands on this headsculpt I felt that it would be perfect for Dengar. The head sculpt I used is the US 2nd Wisconsin Infantry figure from the Sideshow Brotherhood of Arms, American Civil War, series. I just reshaped the nose and brow a little and sanded a way the hairline a bit, then I used a dremel to put the scars on his face and final gave it a touch of paint. I got mine from ebay for $10 a while back, I'll keep a look out and let you know if I come across another one.

I know I’m gonna regret not getting some of the trooper armour from Toy Anxiety before it was snapped up, but I can always do an upgrade down the line. Any help I can give you with your Dengar, just ask!

Back