My emma has shipped!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TOE said:
i was going to ask if anyone is having problems with a loose base but after reading your post assured me that I am not the only one. One of my strap broke too :monkey2 I don't want to send it back. There might not be anymore left :emperor :monkey2
I hope I don't have any problems with mine. Unfortunately, I usually do. :monkey2 I should find out tomorrow and if everything is ok I will post some pics.

One of my straps also broke, stupid me let the box go and it snapped it off at the end, I glued it back on though and it's as good as new. No Biggie.

The ill Jedi said:
One of my straps also broke, stupid me let the box go and it snapped it off at the end, I glued it back on though and it's as good as new. No Biggie.

do you have a loose base too? Mine is so loose that she is leaning on the strap.

From some unfortunate circumstance, my Emma arrived in perfect condition. The strap was intact. Emma stood straight and long-legged, and the strap fits perfectly into the hole on the back of her right hand.

One of 2 things could explain this:
1) Fedex in California rocks.
2) Fedex in California forgot to throw my box around and survived any apparent torture at their hands.

Kidding aside. I think Sideshow did a great bang-up job in the packaging of that cape, and Emma herself. This is the first time that 2 clam shell halves hugged the body profile of something like Emma. I mean, her boobs and thighs were held pretty well in place! Emma was longing to be freed from her styrofoam containment!

Well I have a ticket in for a replacement. I think I figured out why the strap was broken at least... the shipping label was on the BOTTOM of my box. This means the whole weight of the cape was on the plastic strap inside.

Oh well, I tried to glue it and added some epoxy sculpt to the cape end but just can't get her to stand straight, I give up. I'm sending it back.

Radagaster said:
From some unfortunate circumstance, my Emma arrived in perfect condition. The strap was intact. Emma stood straight and long-legged, and the strap fits perfectly into the hole on the back of her right hand.

One of 2 things could explain this:
1) Fedex in California rocks.
2) Fedex in California forgot to throw my box around and survived any apparent torture at their hands.

I think it would have more to do with the fact that SS is in Cali so FedEx has less of a chance to break it.

i have to wait till tomorrow because of "signature required". Actually it's because of my idiot FedEx driver because I was actually home for lunch during the time the online system says he attempted to deliver it but i'm guessing he knocked on the front porch door, not the front door....it's not too hard to figure out which is which. i will make a sign for him tonight and put on the front porch door that clearly(and smarta$$ly) notifies him to knock on the front door. idiot.

Unbelievable

My emma left US on 17th and delivered to Istanbul on 19th afternoon.

just 2 days including the transit station at Paris

this is a record.

My sister confirmed that she arrived without any damage also :maul

# 739 for me :chew

I finally got mine, well its being brought to my house all week but I have not been home. I had a strap pop out on mine but it slid right back in and seems to be stable so I am not messing with it. I also got a varient box, my Exclusive sticker is upside down.

got mine!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing wrong with it!!!!:chew :chew :rotfl my girlfriend called emma a striper:rotfl Video is on the way baby!!!!

Just got mine EX and it was worth the wait, she's the sh%t, i love it, the copy of the control art by Adam Hughes, is enormous.:monkey5

Last edited:
I just got my Ex. Emma from Fed Ex. Super high number again #638 sigh.
After hearing about all the issues with the straps on her cape I feared the worst. Those are fine on mine, but after examining it I discovered that the tip of her heel on the standing foot was broken off. It's very small though, about 1/8 of an inch and in a place not easily noticed. But it's just irritating the hell out of me. The flat metal wire that's in her heels is sticking out a bit.

It looks like it broke at the factory since there's no piece of it in the styrofoam and I discovered it was broke before I removed it from the box (I checked for defects before picking it up).

Am I just being picky or should I really try to get a perfect statue? Does anyone else have this problem? I heard that Sideshow has had problems replacing these statues because they oversold them or something, should I try to get a replacment?

screamingmetal said:
After hearing about all the issues with the straps on her cape I feared the worst. Those are fine on mine, but after examining it I discovered that the tip of her heel on the standing foot was broken off. It's very small though, about 1/8 of an inch and in a place not easily noticed. But it's just irritating the hell out of me. The flat metal wire that's in her heels is sticking out a bit.

It looks like it broke at the factory since there's no piece of it in the styrofoam and I discovered it was broke before I removed it from the box (I checked for defects before picking it up).

Am I just being picky or should I really try to get a perfect statue? Does anyone else have this problem? I heard that Sideshow has had problems replacing these statues because they oversold them or something, should I try to get a replacment?
Well you paide to get a perfect statue! and if what you say is true then they broke it and thus there QC sucks!! so imo you sould get one if it bothers you!

screamingmetal said:

Sideshow QC strikes again! Sorry but, they have the worst QC out of all of them. I am trying to get a replacement for my Emma Frost as well. Here is what I suggest- if it bothers you A LOT then try and get a replacement but if you can live with the problem, then do. Getting a replacement is risky because you might get a worse one or you might not get one at all since they are so limited. Furthermore, it is always a pain to return things. :)

Last edited:
El Roranous said:
Sideshow QC strikes again! Sorry but, they have the worst QC out of all of them. I am trying to get a replacement for my Emma Frost as well. Here is what I suggest- if it bothers you A LOT then try and get a replacement but if you can live with the problem, then do. Getting a replacement is risky because you might get a worse one or you might not get one at all since they are so limited. Furthermore, it is always a pain to return things. :)
Yeah I'm worried about getting something worse. Also the break is so very small, just barely the tip.
I've returned things before so it's usually no problem, but my printer is out of ink and I won't have enough money to buy some anytime soon. :(

screamingmetal said:
Yeah I'm worried about getting something worse. Also the break is so very small, just barely the tip.
I've returned things before so it's usually no problem, but my printer is out of ink and I won't have enough money to buy some anytime soon. :(

if it bothers u enough, i'd try for a replacement. if ur afraid they won't have a replacement ask them to hold on to the one u send back, then u can choose between a refund or this one u have now. not sure if they'll do it but don't see why now. also if ur outta ink to print the return labels ask them to snail mail u the actual labels. they've done that for me once when i kept not getting their email w/ the lables in it.

Mookeylama said:
if it bothers u enough, i'd try for a replacement. if ur afraid they won't have a replacement ask them to hold on to the one u send back, then u can choose between a refund or this one u have now. not sure if they'll do it but don't see why now. also if ur outta ink to print the return labels ask them to snail mail u the actual labels. they've done that for me once when i kept not getting their email w/ the lables in it.
I wouldn't send it back unless they have a replacment at the ready. I'll ask anyways.
The Customer service really goes out of it's way to help. I might try printing the label at work if it's at all possible, or ask that they mail it. Thanks!

I talked to Adam today and he said he would sign the Ema artwork if you are going to be at CIV.

Back