my custom clones and jedis and other wip

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I finished asoka,not quite as good as silent surfers work.Nathan does some insane painting.I am so jealous! I tried for over an hour to replicate the paint on her eyes,and I just couldnt get it.but she looks better than sideshows production painting so I can live with it,now when the body gets here I can let the real fun begin.]
Picture1891.jpg

Picture1888.jpg

Picture1892.jpg

Picture1890.jpg

Picture1887.jpg

oh and here is my kit bashed bly phase 1 which about half of his armor is original and the other half was casted and painted by me. and phase 1 one cody is all sideshow just repainted to be more accurate to the cartoon.
Picture1893.jpg

Very good job on matching the bly colours i cant tell the difference. Trying to learn to mix colours is the bane of my life right now and I thinks its really holding me back! I did buy i book to help me out.

Asoka looks really great!

matching colors for me is all about looking at the color I am matching and determining what colors make that color and then slowly mix colors till I have it. most of the time I can do it with ease and other times I can waste alot of paint.thank God for acrylic paint being cheap.
and thanks for the comments, I can live with asoka,but I know its no silent surfer job.its all about the damn eyes! I wish someone would show me how to paint eyes like that.its the little streaks of detail that makes them stand out.oh well maybe one day.

oh yeah,bly"s casted parts consist of pauldron,pistols,holsters,forarm armor,knee armor,lower shin armor,feet, and custom kama.

I heard a method for the eyes but haven't tried it. Lets say u have a black eye for your base then u put blus over it. before the blue dries take a toothpick and put the little streaks in the black underneather will come threw the blue giving u the streaks. LIke i said i haven't tried it thow lol!

I heard a method for the eyes but haven't tried it. Lets say u have a black eye for your base then u put blus over it. before the blue dries take a toothpick and put the little streaks in the black underneather will come threw the blue giving u the streaks. LIke i said i haven't tried it thow lol!

That sounds promising. I will have to give that a try.

Whats your plan for her hair or what ever is coming out of her head?

I have made a few of the paddle dreads out of milliputty.and they dont look to bad.the kicker for her is tayloring a jedi outfit for her.everything I have swallows her.I dont sew,I have in the past but not very well.

her is my two babys.
I have put my dollies on the back burner for alittle while I upgrade some components on my street missle.

Man, you have really everything!!! I will be really interested to know, what is your public job! I hope in some nice job! Because then you will be really happy guy!

thanks man, I dont make that much,theres guys on here that really do have everything.I have alittle bit of stuff thats taking me the last 15 years to get.

Back