My Custom Avengers Diorama - entire build process :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Build progress on my custom Avengers Diorama - FINALLY DONE!!!!! Video posted :)

Thanks everyone. Glad y'all are enjoying the vid. :)

Build progress on my custom Avengers Diorama - FINALLY DONE!!!!! Video posted :)

A couple of people have found the 'Easter Egg', so I'll tell it:

It's Star Lord's Walkman in/next to BW's Vette in the debris. I thought it was a funny idea, due to his "womanizer" portrayal in the movie. Like he had left his stuff in her car, Lol. :p

dcb7ea5902f70efc88fb08a54bad1e68.jpg

Re: Build progress on my custom Avengers Diorama - FINALLY DONE!!!!! Video posted :)

Oh and....

01fba2f0c7289cf8d7353c375bdfb436.jpg

Fixed :)

Also don't know if anyone noticed the blob of blood/tissue on the arrow tip. :wink1:

The level of detail on this just amazes me. Please feel free to keep pointing that sort of thing out, because it's easy to get overwhelmed with the big picture and not notice the little details!

Ok
411859566.jpg

I'll take some pix of anything interesting...

So here's some tidbits, "how I did it"s etc:

This has been discussed, pointed out, but people may have missed it:

8a75d2f08c31ba68e9ffa7eb7ac9c5a4.jpg

I included "Rumors of Civil War" "Rogers denies" headline in the newspaper. Simple photoshop work. Included the RS Stark cover recently. Gives a nice knod to Civil War, which I had no idea I'd be finishing this so close to the release. :lol

Black Widow caps an alien:

369553604dc179d05abd27d3b2f5cf99.jpg

Bullet holes. Done with "water texture" for dioramas, and painted to look like Chitauri flesh and blood.

061730569d667770d922deaab8d6546a.jpg

6d1484a9cc69e4dbaeec2d78bb13ed24.jpg

I tried to line up the entry/exit wounds. Shoulder and chest wounds. Gotta have a touch of gore. :naughty

The broken warehouse window:

802b44ef6e5ae0c6631473b5fe5eecd4.jpg

Broken glass inside, and some on the street below. Boxes inside are just a photo. Darkened to look "right", give depth. The shades are an old tee I cut up. Like the rolled edge look. Dipped in watered down coffee to give dirty aged look. I tried to mimic the broken window pattern in the background:

The-Avengers-hero-shot.jpg

Again, my building is that building, with my spin on it to make it work in my setting.

Last edited:

Blaster marks in the sidewalk:

7c9221d44c0ae7b5695cd6668f0ca810.jpg

Added yesterday, not in the video:

c6a6e2245884939f4fb191cad336d9ee.jpg

Loki scepter:

67670f242624bc005f041b788fa8b467.jpg

LED nano light wired down backside of the staff, up his arm, and under the cape. Completely invisible from any angle in person.

Fluff in Thor's cape:

4a3a0a77acd0cef3fee6e26e3f6d2213.jpg

Very thin mesh wire, cut to the basic shape of the cape (but smaller) then molded/bent to billow the cape out. Sells motion and drama. No ones impressed with a limp cape :lol (they make pills for that)

Last edited:
Build progress on my custom Avengers Diorama - FINALLY DONE!!!!! Video posted :)

Think that's it :huh

Edit: Oh, one more, just to show you the strange things you can do to accomplish what you see/need:

The stop light/street light. I Google map'd the building seen in the Avengers hero shot. It's *right* by where Stark tower would be, if it existed. Looked around and spotted this:

412463439.jpg

So I'm like "that's a crazy looking light.....gotta do it" [it's on the street corner of the building]. So I fabricated it with tubing etc, and wired it. Robbed the "Hulk Smash" stop light, drilled out the core and lit it up.....but was stumped for the top lights that look like acorns.

Mind starts ticking......what can I use?

Aha! They look like something from my childhood:

0efedea52c7c486ccae5ba02e93dc86f.jpg

Boom. Streetlight. :)

92dfdbf91c0c4c122a62ff14baa1d267.jpg

I had to minimize all the junk hanging off it, would have gotten too busy and cluttered.

Last edited:

Wow. Just Wow! That's amazing!

Thanks! Those little details really make it shine!

It's well done Craig.

Y'all are very encouraging.

Great community :duff

Thisis just mindblowing, Craig.
So SO well executed.
You deserve every bit of praise!!!
:duff

Thought I'd post 2 photos, because it is now "done" done. (Unless I change figure out in future, like CW Cap). Anyways, glass in and top lid on:

3dee0f1a8a5f98d3adbcb8c8a4d44e05.jpg

cf282565f6949a2e2861f805082dd78f.jpg

I still can't deal with how amazing this looks!

Back