My Christmas present arrived damaged (Captain America)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, Doom is a really great statue. Probably one of the best Sideshow has done and certainly the best Marvel statue I have seen. The polystone and cloth blend very well together and the details on the throne are superb.

My suggestion is to see one in person if you can. The statue really does deserve the hype. I unfortunately don't have one anymore but would re-buy one if the right opportunity presented itself.

For me, Doom is a really great statue. Probably one of the best Sideshow has done and certainly the best Marvel statue I have seen. The polystone and cloth blend very well together and the details on the throne are superb.

My suggestion is to see one in person if you can. The statue really does deserve the hype. I unfortunately don't have one anymore but would re-buy one if the right opportunity presented itself.

I will admit I have not seen one in person, so I should hold judgment until then. But in general, I don't want PF of a villain in my collection, so my reasoning is already a bit biased. :eek:

:lol:lol I see.

I am the opposite of you- I love the villains so much more than the heroes. I don't even like my Captain America PF much at all because of the character. :lol

Love both Captain and Doom, have them both prolly would never sell them either... Doom really is a great piece it was actually my first SS peace when I first started collecting and to b honest every PF with maybe the exception of Hulk hasn't wowed me like that first SS PF Doom Ex!!!!!! :rock

Not a fan of the PF at all. That said, I did puchase the PF Punisher when he was 1st released. Loved the piece when I saw the pictures of the pre-order. I would have liked the clothes to be sculpted. Every statue holds up better over time when cloth is not used. Not to mention they do look too much like dolls when displayed. Have not purchased another PF since then. My only exception was the PF Mystique. The fake leather doesn't look as bad as the spandex looking material used on Thor, Cap and Hulk. For this same reason I do not like the PF Doom. Purchased the Bowen FS and am very happy with that. If I did buy any of the PF statues I would just flip them anyway. I hope that SS revisits most of these PF's as comiquettes. I would buy all of them as such. SS comiquette Wolverine, Ghost Rider, and Iron Man are the best statues of the characters by any company IMHO.

To those that enjoy the PF statues I hope they make all the characters you want. I just would like the comiquette version of them as well. It sucks not having a SS Spidey, Cap , Thor or Hulk as comiquettes. That is what I crave for my collection.

Just don't see $2000 worth of goodness coming from Doom. I didn't even pay that much for this guy and he's signed buy the sculptor.

Hey El Roranous, these pics are for you. Arrived safe and sound at his new home in Oklahoma. He's back in the box now. Still gotta get some shelves.:D

DSC03523.jpg

DSC03524.jpg

DSC03526.jpg

DSC03527.jpg

DSC03529.jpg

DSC03528.jpg

Just don't see $2000 worth of goodness coming from Doom. I didn't even pay that much for this guy and he's signed buy the sculptor.

Hey El Roranous, these pics are for you. Arrived safe and sound at his new home in Oklahoma. He's back in the box now. Still gotta get some shelves.:D

DSC03523.jpg

DSC03524.jpg

DSC03526.jpg

DSC03527.jpg

DSC03529.jpg

DSC03528.jpg

WOW!!! It's looks amazing!!! Congrats! :banana

Was there any issues from shipping (ie to the box.) I realize you said in the previous post that the statue arrived mint. I'm just curious because mine is in transit.

Was there any issues from shipping (ie to the box.) I realize you said in the previous post that the statue arrived mint. I'm just curious because mine is in transit.

No problems at all. It's my third PF and the ONLY one that I have had no problems with. To quote Clark Griswold, "I'm going to need plastic surgery to wipe the smile off of my face.":D

Sorry to hear that.

The beam is very very prone to breaking. When I still had my Capt. the beam broke twice, weak p.o.s. But with some superglue it can easily be fixed.

No problems at all. It's my third PF and the ONLY one that I have had no problems with. To quote Clark Griswold, "I'm going to need plastic surgery to wipe the smile off of my face.":D

Glad to hear. :rock (Sorry to hear about Capt. as well, at least it WASN'T Hulk! :horror) And I imagine the box is HUGE!!! Again, CONGRATS!!!! :chew

Freaking awesome man! :rock Seeing your pictures made me miss the ol' grey beast. :monkey2 Oh well, seems he has a new and better home now- enjoy! And I am very glad that he arrived safely. Sure puts my mind at ease as well. :rock :duff

Freaking awesome man! :rock Seeing your pictures made me miss the ol' grey beast. :monkey2 Oh well, seems he has a new and better home now- enjoy! And I am very glad that he arrived safely. Sure puts my mind at ease as well. :rock :duff

I know what you mean, I hate sending these things.. Seems the carriers sometimes have stone hands..

And shame on you for selling such a unique piece of art.,.

Shipping these things is a little nightmare each time. You never know if these pieces are going to make it. I have some mental notes about each statues shipping weakness and what I have to do to protect it from being destroyed in transit. I know when I sell my Captain Americas I will have to place extra protection around their heads and that little piece that attaches to the base.

Then there is the horrors of ebay where I had 3 scam attempts in a row on me..

Headache..

Between scammers, anals and the carriers..

I've never sold since..

How were they tryn to scam I'm just curious, Bodie? Curious as to what kind of crap they tried to pull...

Yeah I'm not anal, just don't lie to me :lol

With grey Hulk down (thanks to you), my next grail is a personal one for me, Lurtz EX. I'm just waiting for a refund to come thru before I start searching. If you can point me in the right direction for one of these for a fair price I would be greatful.

I'm going to be selling mine soon. I only live about 150 miles away, so you shouldn't have to worry about shipping damage. :wave

The most annoying one was the buyer sent me photos of a damaged item claiming it was what I sent.. Which it wasnt (obviously) They couldnt supply photos of the edition number or any other pics aside from the 2 they sent.. Went down to the wire on paypal, yet surprisingly they sided w/ me.. I figured I was out about 900 bucks during this long process..

Back