My attempt at "The Crow" (WIP)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_jedi1

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Crow is kind of a classic film now. The problems in the production, the death of the lead while filming, the generally dark tone.
Perhaps these elements augment my memory and perception of the film but whatever it is... I like it.
Anyway, I had this spare head from a truetype narrow... I had liberated the hair for another figure so I had to "make" new hair.
P1120539.jpg

P1120536.jpg

P1120535.jpg

I like the overall thinness of the SS S2 body so I used that.
I got a shirt for him that looked black but turned out to be dark blue in person.
I dyed it but it only turned a bit darker.. it's close to black but not quite black. (this shot is on a sideshoe prometheus.. an early WIP shot)
P1120550.jpg

tossed on a jacket to test the look
P1120556.jpg

P1120560.jpg

Anyway, I used two "overcoats" from the BBI Tyr Anasazi figure to make the trenchcoat and hand sewed the pants.
I modified some German boots.
P1120569.jpg

P1120573.jpg

P1120572.jpg

I still have a number of changes to make more tape to add and I have to make the ring/necklace.
P1120575.jpg

I made the mossberg and the necklace for the ring.. I need to take some pics.
I decided to make myself a guitar however.
Someone on sideshowcollectors was also working on a Crow figure and this link was provided for them.
G-Collection 1/6 Scale Fender Guitar - Stratocaster [rungcstrato] - $36.00 : Hobbygen.com, Your online source for quality hobby products and Japanese toys with great value.
I have the needed stuff to MAKE one so I decided to go that route instead of spending more on a guitar than I have on the whole figure.
P1120610.jpg

P1120611.jpg

P1120612.jpg

Getting closer...
P1120613.jpg

P1120614.jpg

P1120615.jpg

I haven't told him yet, but the second one will be a gift for my father.
He was in a band in his younger years and I'll be building a functional amp (with built-in MP3 player) to attach to the guitar.

Alright.. I got some more work done on the guitar. all it needs now is a whammy bar and a strap.
before paint...
P1120616.jpg

after my crappy paint job
P1120617.jpg

P1120618.jpg

P1120619.jpg

dude awesome and one of my fav all time movies! the original with brandon lee not all gthose crappy other versions!!..although city of angels wernt too bad.. but come on eddie furlong as the crow??..stupid!!! great idea for story line as its taken from a novel but kak actors and director!.i studied media!! and man i wuda done a twisted version!..ok enuff ranting! ..i wanna see the fully workin guitar with amp! u rock dude!

Back