My Anakin Skywalker 12" Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shadows at his feet - very important - give the photo the depth it needs. If you didn't have those shadows, there'd be no depth, at least to my eye.

I like some color and pattern behind a figure. Doesn't have to be much, and it's very easy to slip over and have too much, but something there to give it depth and realism. Think of it this way - how often have you ever seen anyone do portrait photography (or model photography) with a pure white background?

I use try to use reviews if they are available, especially for older figures. I typically will google a figure with "michaels review of the week" and the figure name and keep my fingers crossed... great thing is most times I hit pay-dirt. Or at the very least you might find some review out there.

Sorry to bug you with another question, but any chance there will be a search function for you Archives one day Michael? That would make things easier :D

I have a number of things planned for a big update to the site, including a search function. Time is the only problem...

Finally got my Ex Anakin today... figure is great, and I serioulsy could not be any happier with it. I think the figure is superb and I really don't have any complaints about the paint... sure it could always be better but I think I've been pretty de-sensitized by all the fear surrounding dark lips to be bothered by what I got. And the arms (knock on wood) seem to be holding out well.

On a negative note, my box was a bit crushed on the opening side... but its hard to tell if it was FedEx's fault or the dillbag who leaned on my package while trying to figure out which one was mine!!! For some reason FedEx delivered my packaged to the Community Center in my complex rather than my house like they normally do :rolleyes:

Just wanted to let my fellow forumites know that Yodasnews.com just posted my extended review for the 12 inch Anakin Skywalker figure. It's a Yodasnews exclusive, so please head on over and check it out!!

https://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06_9.htm

It also includes pictures that I took of the figure as well as a handful of Photoshop composites I've done with Anakin. Here's a sneak peek:

composite04x.jpg

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Just wanted to let my fellow forumites know that Yodasnews.com just posted my extended review for the 12 inch Anakin Skywalker figure. It's a Yodasnews exclusive, so please head on over and check it out!!

https://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06_9.htm

It also includes pictures that I took of the figure as well as a handful of Photoshop composites I've done with Anakin. Here's a sneak peek:

composite04x.jpg

Wohoo.........Nice pic, Sith Lord.

Got my Anakin yesterday and I have to say I'm quite happy. The arm isn't a big issue and the lips don't bother me very much. The only complaint I have is that his gloved arm needs the extra wrist/swivel joint normally found on other SS figs.

swiftlikessharpthings said:
Got my Anakin yesterday and I have to say I'm quite happy. The arm isn't a big issue and the lips don't bother me very much. The only complaint I have is that his gloved arm needs the extra wrist/swivel joint normally found on other SS figs.

i agree that the gloved hand could use the "swivel" feature but i think if sideshow did that it would take away from the detail and it wouldnt look as nice.

Gotta agree with Hairless here, I'm always a fan of articulation, but I think that it would have either looked bad to have an obvious joint there... or they would have had to do something extra fancy like a hidden joint under a rubbery covering to make it look right. Overall I'm guessing it was a necessary sacrifice.

BTW- Congragulations on getting your figure! I got mine yesterday too, gotta love the benefits of ordering the exclusive early :rolleyes:

How adjustable is the front of his belt? Just looking at it through the plastic the belt front on my Anakin is twisted up for some reason. Is mine the only one like that? Hopefully when I take it out tonight I can just untwist it and it will set properly, based on everyone else's pics I'm assuming that this isn't a common problem. :monkey2

Khev said:
How adjustable is the front of his belt? Just looking at it through the plastic the belt front on my Anakin is twisted up for some reason. Is mine the only one like that? Hopefully when I take it out tonight I can just untwist it and it will set properly, based on everyone else's pics I'm assuming that this isn't a common problem. :monkey2

It's fairly adjustable, but it's delicate. What probably happened is one of the three pouches is snagged. They're clipped on, so it's easy to take them off and straighten the leather. Just be careful...that's all.

Hey thanks, when I opened up the plastic tonight I saw that even though the belt is so thin its actually quite a bit "heavier" than I was expecting. I was able to turn it down so its straightened out (and yes it appears the belt just got a bit off centered which caused the twisting. I'll fix it all later.)

But this figure really is an amazing work of art! Even though his right arm was completely off and it appears that it will be a bit of a project to put it back on (didn't have any luck monkeying with it for 5-6 minutes while waiting for the newsletter to come up.)

I love this figure. Love it love it love it. Christmas Day, 1978 I tell you. :joy

Back