My Anakin Skywalker 12" Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, the lips don't bother me and the eyeliner is very very very faint. I think that early orange goth anakin custom is too far stuck in sheeples heads.

The lips are there and are a downer of sorts on this figure but they are minor overall when you look at the big picture. The skin tone is great on Anakin and he looks very healthy.

jlcmsu said:
Well, the I'd wait to rip apart my review then. Afterwards if you still feel the samr rip away.

What the hell are you talking about? I didn't rip anything. You read too much into what I said. I was simply pointing something out. I'm looking forward to this figure. I didn't say anything negative about your review. I only said that giving the Anakin 9 (and above) out of 10 means you really didn't find anything wrong with it. Then you agreed with me that you didn't find anything negative about it. What did I do wrong?

rainman said:
What the hell are you talking about? I didn't rip anything. You read too much into what I said. I was simply pointing something out. I'm looking forward to this figure. I didn't say anything negative about your review. I only said that giving the Anakin 9 (and above) out of 10 means you really didn't find anything wrong with it. Then you agreed with me that you didn't find anything negative about it. What did I do wrong?

I didn't meant rip as in you raked me over the coals. I meant wait till you get your figure to say that I might have ranked it to high. Some miscommunication here.

I have to agree that apart from the minor issues of lip color and loose arm, it's pretty hard to find fault with this figure. I agree with the scores you gave. Thanks for the review! I will try to read the next one sooner so that my thoughts don't seem so redundant. Nice job, anyway!

Great review man. The only thing I would suggest is using more of a neutral color for the background of your pics, blue is and has been used ineffectively (RS). Keep em' coming.

tomandshell said:
I have to agree that apart from the minor issues of lip color and loose arm, it's pretty hard to find fault with this figure. I agree with the scores you gave. Thanks for the review! I will try to read the next one sooner so that my thoughts don't seem so redundant. Nice job, anyway!

Well, I'll be doing one for the PF Grievous. Hopefully, I'll have that one up by the end of the week.

DekeStarkiller said:
Great review man. The only thing I would suggest is using more of a neutral color for the background of your pics, blue is and has been used ineffectively (RS). Keep em' coming.

Thanks :) I'll let the guy who does the photoshopping know that. I don't do that. I just take the photos and do the review and then send it off to someone else.

Yup, I'm stoked as I said Maul is next. Now, I'll shut up for a little till its time to make a Maul PF. :)

Nice review, Josh. I suspect I won't be quite as nice on the figure as you, largely in the paint department, but I have to still get mine to be sure.

As to background color, blue is the single best color for the widest range of figure colors you can use. Please don't switch it to white - I'm not a fan of white. I could do without the pattern in the blue, but that's a personal thing, and your photos are clear, focused, and show off the figure nicely in a normal setting. Great job!

Michael Crawford said:
Nice review, Josh. I suspect I won't be quite as nice on the figure as you, largely in the paint department, but I have to still get mine to be sure.

As to background color, blue is the single best color for the widest range of figure colors you can use. Please don't switch it to white - I'm not a fan of white. I could do without the pattern in the blue, but that's a personal thing, and your photos are clear, focused, and show off the figure nicely in a normal setting. Great job!

Mike, when we will see your review?

Well, first my figure has to actually arrive *grumble* I expect it today or tomorrow at the latest.

Then I have to make a decision - do I run it right away at MROTW, or do I hold it for the big unveiling of Quick Stop Entertainment. For those not paying attention (which I would assume is all of you), Movie Poop Shoot is closing up shop and Kevin is creating a new web site, Quick Stop Entertainment. I was asked to bring my column over from MPS to QSE. Question is, when is the launch. It was planned for May, but that slipped obviously. I've been told it's next week, and I think the Anakin review would make a nice start, but unless I can get a solid date, I'm going to just go with it at MROTW.

I bet you didn't think the answer would be quite that long?

Reviews are good for those that are considering the purchase of the piece or are awaiting the shipment of the piece . If you've got the piece in hand already, reviews are pretty much worthless.

No necessarily... I think if you own the item the review's meaning changes. I like reviews of figures I have in that I can see what another person thinks about the figure and maybe if they've noticed things I haven't. Also, it can be a good way to get posing ideas.

Back