My Agent Venom WIP - NEW PHOTOS ADDED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My Agent Venom WIP

Ooooh, now those look way more dangerous! I won't have that problem. I've also found that the paint comes off of the tips of the thumbtacks rather easily, so I'll definitely try not to touch them.

Just a quick update, I've started with the red (going with the Thunderbolts version of Agent Venom, rather than the black & white version). So far I've painted the eyes, the red stripes on the shoulderpads, and have started the very difficult task of painting the spider on the chest armor (which I'm not looking forward to). The chest armor is not pictured, I've only started it. Will certainly show photos when it's finished.

67325_10152279816024460_700460817_n.jpg

Playing around with paint....I sort of like how the regular black (shiny) looks on the head / chest armor. But also like the look of the really dull, flat black (currently on the shoulder pads).

Can't decide whether to go with some shiny and some flat, or all flat? I don't think having all of the body armor (legs, arms, etc) shiny would look good. But thought that it might make the head / armor pop more. So I'll probably leave the head and armor shiny for now, and when I put him all together if I don't like it then I'll go over it with flat.

If you mixed flat with shiny, would it meet somewhere in the middle? I have no idea.

Anyway here is a photo. Going to start painting the spider legs on the chest in a minute, still not 100% sure how I want that to look....going through some Venom photos on the internet....

525200_10152287795489460_689652587_n.jpg

Thanks! He's coming along now. Got the upper armor spider on there last night, now I'll have to clean it up with some black paint. Then do the spider legs on the bottom half of the armor. Finally figure out the symboite arms coming out of him, and I'm just about done. :)

Well get to work, dammit!
I got some new thigh armour pieces for my female Iron Man armour today.
I am hoping to be able to get them shaped at work tomorrow. Nothing like a cool project to get you excited.

Are the lines on the shoulder pads meant to be part of the legs? Cause if not there is a visual snap for you, paint the legs on and have the top legs line up with the shoulder pads(keep the gap from end of the chest to pad though), it will also give a classic venom look of having the legs continue onto the back like wrapping around him.

Well that was a royal PITA. Still not 100% sure about the glossy armor paint, but I just had an idea....if I spray it with sealant, that will dull it right? So I wouldn't have to paint over it with flat black if I want the glossy to go away?

Either way, I'm going to put it all together first and then decide to stay glossy or go more dull. Either the glossy is going to look really cool, or really crappy once it's all together.

535643_10152289741119460_2059936923_n.jpg

Yeah, if you use good flat clear finish, then it will be matt;)

And to spider on armor. It looks more like ant than spider. Spider have legs from middle part, not from back. You have back legs to far from front
TBOLTS2012_variantvenom.jpg

venom72.jpg

Ok here's a photo of him mostly put together. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

The problem with the spider is that the armor is in two pieces. So I elected to kind of come up with my own design that fit well on the armor. There are a variety of spiders when you Google Agent Venom, many have all of the legs up front, some do not.

But yeah, it does look like an ant. ;)

If I was a lot better at painting, it would probably look better. But all of the ridges and grooves in that armor is a huge PITA to work with, at least for a rookie.

And I'm not painting a second spider on the back, so don't even mention that. :panic:

549295_10152289792149460_2089111805_n.jpg

LOL well the lack of input was heard loud and clear....I couldn't look at him and not think "ANT" after that post, and I wasn't liking the shiny armor.

So I've already painted over all of the armor with flat black, and will have another go at the SPIDER (not ant) when I get the time. This armor is such a PITA to paint over with all of the seams and lines etc.

Will post pics when it's done.

Sorry :D But you will be more happy then ;) You can make it better, so do it better ;) We trust you :D It is your hobby, so you have time for it ;)
Or you can use mask tape and make logo from it and then paint it with spray color(from can).

I've been told by more than one person that spray paint will end up very sticky.....and I tried painters tape the first go round, and ended up with a big ugly mess - high ridges where the tape was, and way too much paint that got under the tape. Not doing that again.

Ok, armor is now flat black, ready to try this again. But this time I've made myself a "cheat sheet" in Photoshop. I overlaid several different patterns that I found on Google images of Venom. Because of the construction of the chest armor, some of them are just too difficult. So I found this photo from Thunderbolts:

tumblr_mgo7duHXbC1qhyhwto1_500.jpg

And here is my cheat sheet:

417394_10152293487489460_1449009313_n.jpg

So that's what I'm going for....round two!

Because of the choice of armour, that will be hard to paint on.
You could do it with red vinyl trimline tape though. Once the body is in place, just cut a long thin strip of tape for the legs and add them one segment at a time.
I occasionally do that for figure headsets using black tape. I can post pics if you like if i am describing it badly...

Already have the spider painted on and it looks WAY better, IMO. Will share photos later. It's not done yet.

Back