My Agent Venom WIP - NEW PHOTOS ADDED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cofphoto

Super Freak
Reaction score
New photos added on 3/20/13.

ETA: This figure is now complete. Just skip to this post for the whole story and WIP phots of this figure from start to finish:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121265&page=10

(post #98)

I've fallen in love with the look of Agent Venom and am trying to make a custom. Problem is, I have no idea what I'm doing. So this will either go really well, or fall completely on it's face....stay tuned to find out.

This is what I am sort of going for:

detail3.jpg

2218246-venomfigure.jpg

Venom_Vol_2_27_Textless.jpg

Anyway, after much looking around, I purchsed a Snake Eyes head like this from Toy Anxiety:

headwithgoggles.jpg

I also liked the look of the body armor from this figure, so I bought the figure here from a fellow Freak:

978.jpg

I removed the goggles by loosening up the glue with hot water then washed the head thoroughly. The goggles have a little post in the middle that goes through a small hole at the top of the nose. So I patched that hole with sculpting putty and plugged the six nostril holes with putty. I also used a silver Sharpie marker to draw the design that I wanted for the eyes. Although it wasn't perfect, it did help guide me through placing the very small, rolled up putty on the face when I was creating the eyes.

Here is what I have so far:

734235_10152160825834460_600533262_n.jpg

481213_10152160825789460_100436499_n.jpg

Next plan is to paint the entire head flat black, and all of the body armor the same. Vallejo flat black paint was recommended and just arrived today.

I'm also working on some ideas for sprucing up the armor some....I may try to find different, bigger shoulder pads, or somehow add spikes to the shoulder pads, not sure there. I've also bought some different hands that I think will look much better than the stock ones that came with the figure. And I'm either going to paint the straps black, or purchase some different ones that are already black.

I'm also not 100% sure whether I'll paint the spider and accents white like shown above, or red like in the new Thunderbolts comic:

481585_10151286291077488_593287983_n.jpg

And since I have no idea what I'm doing, I would most definitely be open to ideas and suggestions.

Thanks for looking! :1-1:

Last edited:
Re: My Agent Venom WIP

Thank you!

i think the big challenge will be to get the spider on his chest to look clean. Not looking forward to that paint job....

I think right now I'm leaning toward going with the red Venom. #1 because I think it looks awesome, and #2 because I think my lack of painting skills will be less pronounced with red than it would with white.

What kind if vinyl, I have no idea what you mean?

I was thinking today about possibly using a Sharpie or a paint marker, I think that would definitely work better. Especially for all of the spider legs going outward.

Definitely not doing all of the Thunderbolts, but I do already have a nice red Deadpool that would go well with a red Venom. ;)

Well, then there is Punisher, which isn't too hard to make (next to Venom), Elektra - nice phicen body and then try sew little clothes and Rulk...well, you can make Ross or expensive way is wait for HT version and repaint it or use some statue...and you will have definitely unique and fantastic collection ;) :D

I'm very new to customizing and at this point I'm only willing to try to make customs of my favorite characters who aren't already available in a Hot Toy figure. In fact I found this forum by searching Google for "Deadpool 1/6 custom figure" a few months ago.

Punisher would be cool, I like him. Red Hulk would be too expensive / difficult.

If Tony and Crystal made a kick *** Electra costume and there was a really nice headsculpt available, I may be interested. I'd like to add some female characters to my collection, and have Black Widow and Catwoman on preorder. :)

LOL, I love your enthusiasm....but let's just see if my Venom doesn't suck before I start thinking about another Thunderbolt.

You must thinking in big scale :D And back to Venom, how you will make "tentacles" with guns? Or you make him without them?

Don't plan on doing tentacles yet.....maybe after I finish the base Venom I'll add them. Would be very cool to do that, I had already given it some thought. But I have to be very happy with the base figure to move further into something like that.

I think right now I'm leaning toward going with the red Venom. #1 because I think it looks awesome, and #2 because I think my lack of painting skills will be less pronounced with red than it would with white.

What kind if vinyl, I have no idea what you mean?

By vinyl, I mean decal. A kind of sticker, that if applied right can look factory done sometimes. You could give it a try. :dunno

Thank you!

i think the big challenge will be to get the spider on his chest to look clean. Not looking forward to that paint job....

Pop into a vinyl signmakers shop and buy a sheet of vinyl.
Use paper to make yourself a template and cut it out(Making sure the paper template fits before cutting any vinyl).
Once you are sure it works, cut from the vinyl and stick it on.
It will work a treat.

Interesting, thank you. I think I may give that a try first. Can always remove the vinyl and paint right?

Interesting, thank you. I think I may give that a try first. Can always remove the vinyl and paint right?

Of course.
It's just sticky backed vinyl. Like you'd see on any signage on the side of a vehicle.
It will peel off with no residue, even if stuck to cloth.
I keep a few different colours on hand for my projects, and if i need more, i go and get more from the local signwriting place. They have every size there, and if i provide them with artwork, they can even cut me shapes with their plotter.
I have posted all these pics before, but these are things i have used it for(All Supes related, lol):

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

Back