My Agent Venom WIP - NEW PHOTOS ADDED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My Agent Venom WIP

I think its worth a try, but getting it to stick just right on the armor is not going to be easy. We shall see....I just started painting all of the armor flat black last night. Once that's finished I can at least try this.

Thanks!

That is one of the greatest things I've ever seen! :thud:
Thanks. It wasn't too difficult to make.
I can PM you other pics of it if you like.
I made it myself and sold it on Ebay a few months back, but i have a few images of it.

I think its worth a try, but getting it to stick just right on the armor is not going to be easy. We shall see....I just started painting all of the armor flat black last night. Once that's finished I can at least try this.

Thanks!

Well if you have painted the armour and add vinyl later then decide you don't like the vinyl, it could pull off your paint undercoat...

It definitely makes more sense to try vinyl first an peel it off if I don't like it, THEN paint it. I'm just thinking it's going to be difficult to get the vinyl just right when I have to go over all of those ridges and bumps.

We shall see....

It definitely makes more sense to try vinyl first an peel it off if I don't like it, THEN paint it. I'm just thinking it's going to be difficult to get the vinyl just right when I have to go over all of those ridges and bumps.

We shall see....

That's why you need to get a paper template first. Work out the kinks with that. Then you will know what the shape needs to be before you cut it out from the vinyl.

Updated photos....Some of the armor has been painted flat black, I'm starting on the remaining armor tonight. I painted the green belt black and bought a black harness from Toy Anxiety that was from another figure. Also picked up a drop holster/pistol.

226673_10152168273249460_1815109822_n.jpg

Closeup of the head. I didn't fill the breathing holes all the way, so need to patch those up some more. Mostly happy with the sculpted eyes, like most they look better from afar and close up you can see all of the imperfections.

546932_10152168273189460_1072191771_n.jpg

Had to ship something at the Fed Ex / Kinkos today and they said that they could do the adhesive vinyl if I create the template. I'll probably whip something up in Photoshop and have a few of them printed in case (when) I screw up. ;)

Updated photos....Some of the armor has been painted flat black, I'm starting on the remaining armor tonight. I painted the green belt black and bought a black harness from Toy Anxiety that was from another figure. Also picked up a drop holster/pistol.

226673_10152168273249460_1815109822_n.jpg

Closeup of the head. I didn't fill the breathing holes all the way, so need to patch those up some more. Mostly happy with the sculpted eyes, like most they look better from afar and close up you can see all of the imperfections.

546932_10152168273189460_1072191771_n.jpg

Had to ship something at the Fed Ex / Kinkos today and they said that they could do the adhesive vinyl if I create the template. I'll probably whip something up in Photoshop and have a few of them printed in case (when) I screw up. ;)

Its looking so good mate I can not wait to see more of your work

Update.....

Tried to fix the head, the six breathing holes from the original head were still showing way too much. Tried to fill the tiny areas with sculpt, smoothed out with sculpting tool then used 400 grit sandpaper to sand it down after it had hardened. Still not perfect but way better.

6642_10152171815444460_382230224_n.jpg

So, I wanted him to look like more than just a Metal Boss Armored figure with a modified Snake Eyes head. Wanted to modify him further. There are a variety of Agent Venom looks, various body armors etc. I really like the spiked look where his shoulder pads and gloves/gauntlets are spiked like this:

2533585-venom2011027_cov_col.jpg

post-1756-0-85021500-1353876422.jpg

So....I purchased a full set of Ghost Rider hands and gauntlets from a fellow Freak. I also decided to try sculpting some little spikes for the shoulder pads. VERY difficult because they are so darn small. So I ended up doing bigger spikes on the shoulder pads than I had intended, just because going any smaller than this was proving too difficult for my expertise level (which is zero btw).

I first took a silver Sharpie and drew a pattern of dots that I was happy with, so I knew where to put the spikes. Then I attached the little spikes. They don't look great and they're certainly not symmetrical, which I'm not worried about. I'll be painting the entire shoulder pads black, which I'm thinking will help hide the inconsistencies. Hopefully the little buggers won't just pop off when I try painting them....wish me luck.

Anyway here is a sort of "before and after" look at the shoulder pads:

45918_10152171815509460_1851850697_n.jpg

And a couple of photos of the Ghost Rider hands (which will be painted matching black, I don't want the spikes to be silver) along with the finished shoulder pads.

318023_10152171815474460_1404964122_n.jpg

428037_10152171815489460_1846708633_n.jpg

And you'll notice one more item in the previous two photos....I'm going to make an attempt to do something like this:

post-1756-0-93690500-1353876418.png

I'm not sure I can pull it off, but it would certainly look cool.

Anyway, that is all for now. Thanks for looking!

Nice update. I will recommend to you little cut with scalpel to his left eyes. To look more rounded. There is flat area. And to pad with spikes - what about drill holes to it and put to holes nails or styren tube, which you cut and sand it to spikes? I think that will look more cleaner and easier for you.

And small idea for symbiont's hands: what about use black silicone for bathroom on wire? Will it work? To have it elastic?

Last edited:

Very good updates. I have to say the eyes look a bit "rolled putty".
Also, if you rolled out the putty for the shoulder spikes and let them set before attaching them, you can then sand the bottom end and glue them on or, even better, drill pilot holes and seat them that way.
As for the eyes, you'd be better popping them off and using Aves epoxie for them. It will give you more time to do the sculpting before it sets.

LOL I did use Aves. :)

I had actually thought about using very small nails sticking through the plastic shoulder pads. We'll see how the current ones end up looking, I can always pop them off and start over again.

I have no idea what that is.

Styrene is the generic name for sheet and strip plastic stock(And the material with which they make plastic model kits).

You can buy sheets of the stuff like paper(In varying thicknesses), and make anything out of it. You could easily make a template and cut the eye mask shapes from styrene.
Here are some images of things i have personally make from styrene sheet.

IMG_4066.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

27082010499.jpg

Variousimages11383.jpg

jslandedconfigurationandjswithhyper.jpg

DSCF0164.jpg

Wow, that is amazing! That snowspeeder and jedi starfighter!

And there are also sticks and tubes from styren of many thickness, not only sheets. And you can find it in many hobby and model stores.

Back