My 1st Commissioned Work: Custom AVP Predator #2--More Accurate than the First

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry about last message all done now, im going to try do a whole entire repaint myslef of my avp elder to a scar predator

Amazing work surfer. Much improvement from the first. Def the pride of your work. I better get on that waiting list of yours for a commission just like that. But first I need to scare a spare Elder head. :D

Hey...paying for those tickets and meals are worth it!!!:banana :banana

BTW, Carlos, your P2 Elder head is quilled, and your Celtic mask is fixed. YOu can get them this afternoon.

Holy crap! I want one of those Scar customs!!! It rocks! :rock

PM me, and lets talk. I do need an Elder figure to start with. That part is up to you.

...im going to try do a whole entire repaint myslef of my avp elder to a scar predator

I can't wait to see it. Glad I inspired you to do it. Please post pics when you get it done. I'd love to see the WIP pics too.

that looks amazing!! what other work have you done? I'd love to see it all.

Here are the posts I did at OSW. I'm linking these because they have full pics instead of just ten a post. These are the final work posts of each figure. Be sure to check out the links within some of these links to see where these projects began.

Custom Gentle Giant Slave Leia
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80330

First Scar Predator
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81499

Samurai Machiko
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89716

Amazon Machiko
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89720

Last Machiko--not so much a custom as it is a redress. I'm thinking of removing the mark from her cheek too, but leaving her markless.
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89850

Fantastic work there! You have done one hell of a job and well I don't know what to say except hot damn! That looks f'n AMAZING!!! :bow

wow !! one hell of a paint job :D just a quick question..where do you get those quils ?

thanks,

Rob

The quills are from the AVP Elder and I sent them to SS when I sent the head to him.
I CAN NOT wait to get this Pred. It really is amazing that SS took the Elder head and turned it into an awesome bad a$$ Pred head. The paint up is great, but I think the new sculpting is a work of art.
Thanks Again SS.:rock

My pleasure, GDZILLA95. I can't wait to see it with all the armor on. Make sure to post pics here and in the OSW thread when you get it fully assembled.

PS. I can't stress it enough. Be careful getting that head on and off.

Thanks again,
SilentSurfer

Amazing work surfer. Much improvement from the first. Def the pride of your work. I better get on that waiting list of yours for a commission just like that. But first I need to scare up a spare Elder head. :D

The more of these I do, the more I'm probably going to charge for each one, so get in on it soon. Actually, there is currently only one guy ahead of you. No wait list yet. Danny, if you're reading, WIP, buddy.

I currently have enough parts from eBay to do another of these for myself. That one will feature splayed lower mandibles like the Predator 1 has as a mouth option, but mine will be fully custom sculpted in.When that is finally finished I may keep it as a companion piece to my Machikos or see if it can't fetch Ani Com prices on eBay. If anybody wants to claim that one now...

Sweet, thanks Nathan! Your work keeps getting better and better, can't wait to see what my Scar looks like!!! :D

Hello fellow Freaks, here are some photos of SS's AWESOME Custom Scar Pred:

Forgot to include this earlier, but for those of you planning on having SS customize one
for you, you will not have to worry about it getting damaged during the shipping back to you.
SS used some wax paper to prevent the dreds from sticking to the Pred's back. He also
wrapped the head in wax paper and bubble wrap. He repainted 1 set of hands and the feet
also. The hands were wrapped in wax paper and then some thin foam. The feet were wrapped
in bubble wrap as well.

I apoligize if the pic quality sucks.

Last edited:
I want one!!! Surfer will be hearing from me once I score a loose old Elder somewhere. Grrrrr I am fuming with jealousy.

Yea, he has some mad skills. I love this figure.
I saw a loose Elder on Ebay yesterday. I don't think it has all of it's accessories though. I found it by searching "Hot Toys Predator". Good luck on the hunt.

Yea, he has some mad skills. I love this figure.
I saw a loose Elder on Ebay yesterday. I don't think it has all of it's accessories though. I found it by searching "Hot Toys Predator". Good luck on the hunt.

Yea I was looking at that one too. That's one of my saved searches. Haha. But he lacks the cannon and the backpack. We'll see what happens. Maybe I can get the other accessories in the future.

Back