musty odor on used figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is vinegar a good idea???? I mean it is acidic isnt that going to destroy the figure? does anyone actually use vinegar to clean figures?

Vinegar diluted with water. Google it, it's fine.

...have you tried that dryer sheet-in-ziplock bag trick yet? Or the bicarb of soda trick?

Get onto it digger.

Vinegar diluted with water. Google it, it's fine.

...have you tried that dryer sheet-in-ziplock bag trick yet? Or the bicarb of soda trick?

Get onto it digger.

i will try it as soon as I buy some dryer sheets.

so for the vinegar thing, it will not remove dyes from clothes or damage rubber parts?

i will try it as soon as I buy some dryer sheets.

so for the vinegar thing, it will not remove dyes from clothes or damage rubber parts?

I dunno about vinegar and rubber, but a lot of folks use a vinegar + water solution to fix the dyes in fabrics. Like any washing process though you do run the risk of losing some of the dye, therefore the colours may not be as bright and full as they were pre-wash.

In your case you just want to eliminate a bad smell. I wouldn't bother washing the clothes. For one thing the odor may very well be coming from the plastic.

Dryer sheets. Ziplock bag. Don't worry about any other jiggery pokery until you've tried this.

The owner might've been an old man who would hold a figure in the palm of his hand, then with that hand take hold of his _____ (thus sandwiching the figure between his hand and _____). He'd then proceed to masturbate that way, the figure firmly held to his _____ the whole time.

As to how to remove the smell of an old man's _____ from your figures, I frankly don't know.

This is most likey the cause for the old man smell I think. I would personally wash the clothes if you can, OP.

If the dryer sheet doesn't work, try putting the figure in a ziplock bag with coffee grinds. You'll end up with a combination of the original smell, and the smell of coffee, the latter of which will HOPEFULLY dominate. It is one of the few tricks available to mask the smell of mold in cars if a car floor gets moldy from rain water.

If the dryer sheet doesn't work, try putting the figure in a ziplock bag with coffee grinds. You'll end up with a combination of the original smell, and the smell of coffee, the latter of which will HOPEFULLY dominate. It is one of the few tricks available to mask the smell of mold in cars if a car floor gets moldy from rain water.

The combined smell of mold and coffee grinds where hopefully the coffee dominates.... Unless your action figure looks like this:

WA4022.jpg

...I would proceed along this route with extreme caution.​

Back