Museum or Dynamic poses???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What kind of poses you do prefer?

• Museum pose

Votes: 46 65.7%
  • Dynamic pose

Votes: 24 34.3%

• Total voters
@SolarSailor the Batman & Superman are still in a static pose, no movement, whereas ones like Babydoll and Cyborg Darth Maul as more in motion/action

They're not though.

Static would be standing there with everything draped down arms folded. Batmans on top of a gargoyle in the wind looking over the city , same with Superman, he looks like he's about to take flight.

Museum to me is this.....

https://www.premiumgallery.fr/710-1500-large/spider-man-red-museum-pose-statue-par-bowen-designs.jpg

Last edited:
I actually agree with most of you here. Some character is more suitable with a dynamic pose and some with museum/static pose. It's depends on the character and what personality they have.

Here's a list of some DC characters and maybe you could try to choose a pose for each of them. Maybe post some pictures so other can see what you are talking about.

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Flash
Aquaman
Martian Manhunter
Batgirl
Power Girl
Hawkman
Shazam!
Cyborg
Zatanna
Green Arrow

Please do not complain, just trying do something fun...

Also, what kind of bases do you prefer on your statues?

Do you want all of your statues that are from the same line to have matching bases or you want them to have their own?

For example, some collectors like the 'X' bases on the X-men line from sideshow. Many find that boring, others find that very clean look on their shelves.

Or like Superman PF that stands on a crystal/ice base that represent the fortress of solitude or Batman PF that stands on a gargoyle. Bases for Supes and Bats have been done so many time don't you guys find that boring?

I have dreamt and wish that sideshow would make a line of something (maybe finish their Sucker Punch line) and they make bases that are some what matching but not identical. With the bases you can create a scene or big diorama when you display all of your statues together that are from the same line. Wouldn't that be cool?

What you think?

The only other JL character I'm interested in besides Batman and Superman. Maybe Aqua Man....

flash2.jpg

2-red-yellow-flash.jpg

Make it as dynamic as possible, base should look just as "fast" with maybe just dust and debris flying by.

I have dreamt and wish that sideshow would make a line of something (maybe finish their Sucker Punch line) and they make bases that are some what matching but not identical. With the bases you can create a scene or big diorama when you display all of your statues together that are from the same line. Wouldn't that be cool?

What you think?

I've thought of this before but really the display options would be very specific. You'd need to dedicate a large area to a set up which most collectors don't have.

Something I would like to see is just more display options in general. I think for the money we pay, to have secondary arms and sculpts should be standard. Especially since SS never seem to get poses right.

Only custom statue creators seem to really "get" characters. I'd say over 50% of SS poses are generic and predictable. The new Man of Steel pose for example is horrendous. Considering I loved the movie I would have easily bought the PF if it weren't for such a crazy *** pose.

It's hard to pull off dynamic statues well. When things go wrong then you get Silver Surfer comiquettes.

I prefer to spend my $400 on something that is iconic. Museum poses are usually more inclined to give you the iconic version of a character.

I think they have to be only as big as necessary, so they won't take unnecessary space, and it's better if they are at least a little elaborate and noticeably heavy.

Of course, there are exceptions, it depends on the statue... some look better with a simple base. What's really important is that the figure stays on there, and don't start shaking and dancing, and falling all over.

I like the bases being the same on the DC busts. I like museum poses the most. I think dynamic poses for Aquaman, Hawkman, Flash and Green Arrow would look great though.

There are way to many statues with standing around poses, er I mean museum poses. Dynamics poses are sorely needed for just about every character.

If I I had to choose only one then I would go with Musuem. As there timeless & well you can't really go wrong with that kind of pose. Dynamic when done right can look amazing but when done wrong can look like ****

Also, what kind of bases do you prefer on your statues?

Do you want all of your statues that are from the same line to have matching bases or you want them to have their own?

For example, some collectors like the 'X' bases on the X-men line from sideshow. Many find that boring, others find that very clean look on their shelves.

Or like Superman PF that stands on a crystal/ice base that represent the fortress of solitude or Batman PF that stands on a gargoyle. Bases for Supes and Bats have been done so many time don't you guys find that boring?

What you think?

:goodpost:

Sideshow should think ahead and do themed bases that can all be placed alongside one another to make up a team pose.

Like the Danger room floor and obstacles that all form one scene when placed together.

It's hard to pull off dynamic statues well. When things go wrong then you get Silver Surfer comiquettes.

That's an Excellent pose :slap

Back