Museum Glamdring UC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, to add some steam, here's one I personally own:

1898988py9.jpg

1898989lr9.jpg

1898990go0.jpg

1898991tj8.jpg

1898996df9.jpg

1898997an9.jpg

1898998wb3.jpg

Thanks again, Rad! That also appears to be a WETA original, is that right?
Very nice indeed. Feel free to share anything else you may have to show us, anytime!

Mudshark said:
Thanks again, Rad! That also appears to be a WETA original, is that right?
Very nice indeed. Feel free to share anything else you may have to show us, anytime!

Yep, you can tell it's a WETA original because of the little Weta spider etching on the base of the helmet where the straps come together.

Radagaster said:
Yep, you can tell it's a WETA original because of the little Weta spider etching on the base of the helmet where the straps come together.

Wouldn't that actually be a WETA weta?! :monkey1

Weta you know! I didn't realize wetas are insects. But . . .weta minute! How come they always seem to advertise that they were spiders! Regardless, them wetas are ugly insects! Except when it's on a LOTR prop :lol

nash said:
I heard from people on the RPF forum that United Cutlery is not a manufacturer, but instead only a "distributor". People were saying that UC doesn't even make their own stuff, they just buy them from another company and put their UC name to it while selling.

True or false?

UC doesn't make their own stuff and now they have closed shop due to bankruptcy. You don't have to oil the blade that much. Just everytime you touch it or maybe once every few months. I also collect japanese samurai swords and have owned lots of them from Bugei, Last Legend, Paul Chen, etc. I never got into the high priced stuff, say over 1500 but the up keep is about the same. I have anduril and I must say that for a wall hanger, it is pretty nice. I wouldnt suggest swinging the non MC versions versions since they have a rattail tang. The blade can fly off.

Cheers,

Brad

Back