Mummy PF SSE Limited to 50: SS Lottery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SolidLiquidFox said:
More like a "no cancellation/exchanges only" policy. If people are going to throw their name in the hat and speculate hoping for a low ES then let them be penalized if they really did not want the item.
.... BINGO!!!

this is a real bummer.why couldn't it be 250 count like the others.i wonder if its because there was only 50 returned for paint application problems ?

I agree that the window is much too big. This thing would sell out in a few minutes if it went live with the newsletter, but at least if you know it's coming your chances would be good if you sat there and refreshed the NL page. If they have to do a lottery, they should give the true fans maybe three or four hours to get their names in and then cut it off. Leaving it open for three days is going to destroy the chances of the die hard collectors who want a complete set of SSE PFs and they will be forced to go to eBay instead of sitting by and ordering the minute the newsletter coes out.

If this were a super limited Star Wars or LOTR PF, and I had no guarantee that I would be getting it, I would be throwing up from the stress. In fact, I would be so upset that it would probably be fecal vomit. I hope for my own sanity that the lottery idea dies before we get to an item that I really want, and my sympathy goes out to some of the true SSE collectors who will be the first to get their names on the list, but will fail to add this piece to their collections.

:monkey2

Best solution:

stop this limited to 50 crap. Make it at least 500 no less

I don't think this is a great idea.

Long time collectors who allready have purchased all previous Universal Monster releases will be left in the cold because they didn't get lucky !
In the past you could always make arrangments to get the item you wanted, but now it's just up to good luck ...

This really is a very bad idea for completists that have proven to be long-time Sideshow fans and collectors.

Instead of rewarding those people, they just get punished !

i agree with Vince. True fans should get first dibs on these guys. My idea is, during a PPO, have 3 random questions to be answered by the potential buyer regarding the statue. The first 50 or so people to answer the questions correctly deserves the statue more than anyone else. Just a thought.

$%#@%^$##!!!!!!!

I was on the road all day Thursday traveling to KY. I wake up to find this???!!!!! THIS SUCKS SIDESHOW!!!! I have EVERY Premium Format Universal Monster, color and SSE, and now I may not be able to get one because of this insane idea!

As for giving previous collectors first shot, they did that once with the Frankenstein SSE pre-order (I think it was Frankenstein?) by sending an email with the order link. I don't really like that either. You guys have some valid points about if you ordered previous figures, but what about the people who get theirs from a retailer? They would still be left out in the cold even if they had every figure.

Well, I guess Retro Spidey may go up for a trade if I don't get picked for the lottery. This really is a dis-service to collectors of a particular line. I have recently cut the Star Wars and Marvel lines and let go of some pieces just so I could concentrate on the Universal Monsters! I might as well give up collecting if this is the path Sideshow is going down!!! I mean, look at the other SSE PF figures... took a long time to sell out. I absolutely guarantee this will sell out instantly because it is so limited, not because people really want it. What are you thinking Sideshow????!

^%#$^@@#!!#!!!!!

I don't want one myself, but I'd be willing to enter the lottery and then pass it on to someone here if I win.

Wow....:monkey3 only 50 and a lottery, I think sideshow really dropped the ball on this one.

I only collect the SSE's and I am in no way a completist, but limiting an SSE to only 50 after all the others have been at least 200 (?) is a bad move, it will only create hard feelings for those left out, I mean no one has been collecting SSE's because they are super limited like the Spidey's or SSE Busts's, the SSE's are the bread and butter PF's.

Pretty disappointed, I passed on the color waiting for the SSE.

Evan

Batty said:
I don't want one myself, but I'd be willing to enter the lottery and then pass it on to someone here if I win.

*Hand in the air*

Batty, I will do the same for you if they do this with something you go after that I'm not interested in. I just hope I don't have to resort to eBay...

yeah. its obvious to me whats going on.
The other SSE's sat on the warehouse shelf longer than anticipated. To move them they put them on clearence. And then to avoid that happening again theyve reduced the ES of future SSE PFs.

I think what they didnt think through is that the clearence prices/sales have recently added to the number of people who added this line to their collections.

100ES wouldve seemed MUCH more appropriate.
Imagine if even half of the SSE collectors were completists. At a previous average ES of 250 per piece this will leave a lot of collections incomplete.

I dont usually question SS's decisions beacuse its a tough market, but I think theyve made 2 bad ones here. The Lottery and the 50ES.

i really hope Sideshow does not limit the Bride of Frank Excl. to 50. That would suck bad.

This is a terrible idea! If they had to have a lottery then it should have been with the color version not the SSE!! Makes me wonder if they would do a Bride SSE or any future SSE monsters with a lottery.

Bad idea Sideshow! And what's with the 50 ES? Grant you I'm not a die-hard collector of this line, and only recently began dabbling in it, but a lottery system would screw both those who have been collecting since day one and those who may only want one or two characters because everything is left to chance. Give me an advance date of purchase and I'll take it upon myself to try and order the item when the time comes. Don't leave it someone else randomly drawing names.

And up the edition size! 50 is too low! Both the ES and this lottery idea is the quickest way to alienate loyal customers as well as new fans.

What's funny is they say that they are listening to the fans on the explanation of why they're trying the lottery....

Where in the world are these fans that are asking for this!? Mind boggling!

I don't like a Lottery, was it really that bad trying to get limited stuff to now need a lottery? The Vintage Monster line isn't as popular as the Marvel and Star Wars line.

50 seems like a good size. It seems like the line has been falling for awhile now. The other PF SSE Monsters are low and not sold out. It's not a good line to try and flip with, not like Star Wars and Marvel. But I'm happy with the colored version, I'm passing on the SSE.

This truly is one of the worst ideas that I think SS has come up with; esp the 3 day window.

I am new to collecting the Universal Monsters, but I love what I have. If I were a long-time collector (like Lonnie) I would probably as Tom mentioned doing my fair share of fecal vomiting :sick. This system does nothing to even the playing field if anything, it creates a worse problem. Those devoted to Sideshow and their products are always waiting with baited breath, they know where to be on Thursday nights - the current system rewards THEM. If anything this lottery will create even more of a "flipper/scalper" issue, you can sit on your hands for three days and STILL walk away with an incredibly low numbered piece ... bah, there is no honor in that. Anyone has access to this.

There is no perfect system, if something is limited to 50, people will ALWAYS be left out. But the lottery only exasberates the situation.

Thumbs down. :monkey4

awesome idea Sideshow. This way it is all fair.

Like Batty, i will enter the lottery and in case I win, I will sell it to a deserving person. i been on this board long enough to know what most likes and collect. And, hope that they can do the same for me when it comes to Marvel products.

Back