Mummy Lottery Victory Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why o why Sideshow, did you have to try the lottery system on a Universal Monster ??!!
That’s the line that started it all for you guys!

I feel so left out on this one.
I have all 8″ monsters, almost all 12″ monsters, all life-size busts, all coloured PF’s and almost all SSE PF’s.

But with this stunt I can kiss my completion of the collection goodbye.

This sucks big time. Why you tried it on your premier line and not with a Marvel item or so, like the Negative Zone Spidey goes beyond reason …

Vince said:
I feel so left out on this one.
I have all 8? monsters, almost all 12? monsters, all life-size busts, all coloured PF’s and almost all SSE PF’s.

But with this stunt I can kiss my completion of the collection goodbye.

man thats the BIGGEST reason I was so against it.
I cant believe SS didnt think about it alienating some of their most faithful, long-time collectors.

I hope someone can help you out so you can complete your collection.

occulum said:
ONLY if they didnt reveal the ES. Then it definitely wouldve been. Maybe even a week actually.

but the 50ES guaranteed it to be targeted.

Im sure they did it in the first place cause its a higher-priced PF from a lesser popular line. I understand the logic behind it, but I still think they shouldve had an ES of 100.
I wouldn't be so sure it would have been an instant sell out had the es been known. The Scarface bust was the same price, limited to 60, and took 15-20 minutes to sell out and it wasn't a variant.

It seems like more than any other limited release, we really banded together in the face of this lottery to try and get these into the hands of the real SSE collectors. I think this experience is a great example of the board getting together to help each other out. Take that, lottery!

Next time we will be back to every man for himself, as we all prefer. So get out of my way!!!

:rotfl

Bannister said:
I wouldn't be so sure it would have been an instant sell out had the es been known. The Scarface bust was the same price, limited to 60, and took 15-20 minutes to sell out and it wasn't a variant.
true. I didnt even go for that one. Didnt realize it was up for that long.

like Tom said. The best thing about it, is how it did unite many board members. Which Im especially greatful for.

thanks again guys. :duff

Bannister said:
Didn't get an email. Oh well. I was going to give it to lcummins anyway so no big deal.

But it is the thought that counts!!! I had about four people trying for me and all I can say is, that it really warms the heart to think fellow collectors would help out in a situation like this! :duff :duff :duff

occulum said:
man thats the BIGGEST reason I was so against it.
I cant believe SS didnt think about it alienating some of their most faithful, long-time collectors.

I hope someone can help you out so you can complete your collection.

I think that SS didn't really alienate people with the Lottery idea...The MAIN reason, I think is they are putting out these "Ultra" Limited editions, and even for the genuine collectors/completeists, there isn't enough to go around anyway...so, even if this was done on a 1st come-1st served basis, there probably still would be, (excuse the term...:eek: ) whingers.

Because, let's face it, they make say even 100 of these, and I reckon just about everyone who wanted one, would have got one.

So from me to Sideshow.."Stop making these ES of 50 -75...It's only gonna p*** people off in the long run..":emperor

Either that, or people on this board need to realise 2 things:

1. The World isn't fair, and you can't have everything you want.

2. See no. 1.

I like the idea of not putting up the edition sizes when a piece goes up myself .
If someone truly wants it they will order it regardless of the size even if it's 25 or 2500.

lcummins said:
But it is the thought that counts!!! I had about four people trying for me and all I can say is, that it really warms the heart to think fellow collectors would help out in a situation like this! :duff :duff :duff

True dat, but when/if this is Gandalf or Saruman ....

1.jpg

darth dyp**** said:
Either that, or people on this board need to realise 2 things:

1. The World isn't fair, and you can't have everything you want.

2. See no. 1.

That may be true, but at least this time, we won. :rock

I guess I didn't get one, thats ok I would of given it to the board. And I still perfer the colored version. But its the 1st time I missed out on something. Glad to see the lottery get what it deserves.

Back