Mumak

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'll certainly own it, but I'm honestly not thrilled with the pose.

I sure wish it were upright and charging, and not down and dying.

I'll wait until I can get one at a deal in the Ebay flood, or from a
good board dealer who offers discounts.

JS :wave

What's brought it down? I mean, I see the gash in its ankle...but, Where are all the arrows stuck in it's body???? :legolas

Don't expect much of a flood on this at 3k thats pretty small. I actually expect this to go up in price.

Well, to tell you how muc I think of this. I bought the Harad Soldier to go with it. These two will :rock together

I've place my order for this, but had to cancel my order on the battle troll, as my wife likes the mumakil as well - therefore no real disagreements in ordering this piece!!

Scriff

Why no love for the Harad Soldier? While not a "OMG" visual stunner, it is a really detailed piece. I'm all about the detail.

As for the Mumak - :rock . I'm reading complaints about why he doesn't look like a pin cushion full of arrows and spears. Imagine shipping that! While not the rage induced behemoth, stomping on horsed riders I still love it.

What brought down the mumak? The film shows one being brought down by Eowyn, who (a sword in both hands, Merry steering) gives both front and rear legs a slice as she rides underneath, through the legs. However, she rides through from front to back, so if this is meant to ber her mumak, then the wounds should be on the other side of the legs, and both front and back should be wounded. Showing the wounds on the rear facing side of the legs is not accurate. Of course, it could be another one, but incredible feats like bringing down a mumak single-handedly can only be accomplished by main characters, and we didn't see another one die like this. I find it highly unlikely that Bruce the Rohirrim managed to copy Eowyn and bring one down by himself. If so, I feel sorry for him, since he didn't get any screen time. My theory is that Bruce managed to kill this one by slicing just ONE pair of legs, a feat more impressive than Eowyn, but he received no credit or glory because the camera was busy filming over by Legolas. Of course, this could also be the background mumak that was swarmed by the Army of the Dead. In that case, it was not the wounds that brought it down, but rather the ghosts. Perhaps this is a sculpture of a mumak being painfully devoured by zombies who have unfortunately been omitted for reasons of scale. Any other theories?
PS: I am not being serious about this...

I think this looks great!!! It's really dang BIG too!! Don't understand why so many people are complaining about it being "small".
I like it but was only going to buy it if it was BIG!
I would LOVE to see what you consider BIG!!:lol

What brought down the mumak? The film shows one being brought down by Eowyn, who (a sword in both hands, Merry steering) gives both front and rear legs a slice as she rides underneath, through the legs. However, she rides through from front to back, so if this is meant to ber her mumak, then the wounds should be on the other side of the legs, and both front and back should be wounded. Showing the wounds on the rear facing side of the legs is not accurate. Of course, it could be another one, but incredible feats like bringing down a mumak single-handedly can only be accomplished by main characters, and we didn't see another one die like this. I find it highly unlikely that Bruce the Rohirrim managed to copy Eowyn and bring one down by himself. If so, I feel sorry for him, since he didn't get any screen time. My theory is that Bruce managed to kill this one by slicing just ONE pair of legs, a feat more impressive than Eowyn, but he received no credit or glory because the camera was busy filming over by Legolas. Of course, this could also be the background mumak that was swarmed by the Army of the Dead. In that case, it was not the wounds that brought it down, but rather the ghosts. Perhaps this is a sculpture of a mumak being painfully devoured by zombies who have unfortunately been omitted for reasons of scale. Any other theories?

wow.. waaay too much time on your hands!

There were PLENTY of of Mumaks on the filed and how they all died varies. This one is dying.... while granted, some arrows should have been included... they aren't. Its dying, done deal.

Are you sure he is dying? Maybe he tripped or got tired on the battlefield.

Those gashs are merely just flesh wounds. :p

I believe you're on to something! We have misinterpreted the sculpt: he is not falling down, he is getting UP from out of a deep sleep. "Woah!! Was today the day we were attacking Gondor? I forgot to set my alarm! Wait up!!!"

Maybe this is the Mumak that was hit by the other Mumak when Eomer speared the Harad and his body tugged his Mumaks ear . We are just seeing it fall without the other Mumak that tripped him up . Hell , I don't really care ! Eowyn doesn't have her Helmet on and the Morgul Lord is still standing . I agree with the "essence" thing !

as I was saying . . .

I don't quite buy how big those gashes are at his ankles! You'd need trolls to produce those big a slash!

Re: as I was saying . . .

You have obviously forgotten how sharp Eowyn's sword was. She was able to slice through the neck of a Fell Beast in two swings. She should have no trouble gashing the legs of a Mumak. ;)

The gashes are too big actually, but that doesnt bother me really, nor the lack of arrows. Realistically, they couldnt have added a buch of Haradrim or flattened Rohirrum without them looking silly or toy like at this scale. Not to mention the production nightmare it would cause. If I can eventually get it for around $225, then ,maybe I'll pick it up. IMO, Gandalf & Shadowfax was their last great piece. I haven't been overly impressed with antything since....until Sauron I suppose.

Just in case someone's missed it, but there's a dead driver on lying trampled in the sand on the base. You cant see it very well, but it has clearly the color pattern of the Haradrim Soldier.

Take a look:
9334_image03.jpg

The Haradrim is under the leg. It looks like a little square black blob.

It just looks bland....it would have been more interesting with some arrows sticking out of him!

i agree there needs to be things sticking in the beast that would explain it dying. Also where are all the Harid.? They have arrows coming out of the Berserker and on busts, why nothing on this guy. Hey for $300 there should be more detail.

Back