MR announces the Luke EPIV LE Saber

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only buy the EEs since shelf space is shriinking. If you
go to Rebelscum.com there are several threads which compare
EEs to LEs, etc..

WetaWork said:
I've sold all my MR sabers except my favorite: the Mace Windu Signature Edition. The only other Star Wars MR I own is the Thermal Detonator Signature Edition.

For reasons previously mention, I've given up on MR$...

i agree with you-- after the qui-gon im done with the MR sabers. i have my mace windu signature and have considered selling all of them. the only MR item left besides the sabers are the Jango Fett blasters that i bought-- only because i thought the character was really cool. but the sad thing is i wont get what i paid for on some of them. i was a collectors society member since day ONE--when there were no member fees all you had to do was buy a LE from them. i might just sell all of the LE and SE sabers i own and buy the FX editions--for less than $100 its not too much money, and you can modify them with a LED now.

I also plan on trimming down my saber collection. The ESB Vader will be hitting eBay soon since I have the ANH to go with the SS Vader.

^^^agreed, that would be a pretty cool display!! especially if you have the obi wan weathered saber too. i have a couple icons sabers im thinking about throwing on ebay-- hoping they can bring in enough money to get the car back in perfect running condition.

Yeah, I got the Obi-Wan weathered saber from MR back when it was on clearance. My prop purchases will now be specific to the SS statue's released.

I just got a deal on a what will be my first MR lightsabers (not including FX), but I'm a bit confused why people would be selling off their stuff or getting out of collecting them because there's a new version. As I understand it the EE's are a different animal than the LEs and thus it isn't releasing the same thing. Are the CEs going to be just like the LEs?

I can see selling off old ones if the new ones are nicer, but if you like them why get rid of them?

hairlesswookiee said:
i have my mace windu signature and have considered selling all of them. i might just sell all of the LE and SE sabers i own and buy the FX editions--for less than $100 its not too much money, and you can modify them with a LED now.

If you ever sell the Mace SE, send me a PM. I've been looking to buy one of those for a while now.

Personally, I'd never part with the weathered Obi-Wan hilt since it'll be a great companion piece to the SS Ben statue. The Mace SE I sold a long time ago and went with the LE instead; but, either of those are definite keepers as well since Mace used the same saber in EPII and III.

I don't see SS coming out with a 1/4 scale ESB Vader, so I see no need to keep the MR Vader ESB saber. Once I know what episodes a 1/4 Obi-Wan (prequel) and Anakin statues are from, I'll be thinning out those MR hilts as well.

I can't believe how often a character's hilt changed. You'd think with all that fighting and/or peace-keeping they were involved with, that they wouldn't have time to tweak their sabers. ;)

Darth Waller said:
I can't believe how often a character's hilt changed. You'd think with all that fighting and/or peace-keeping they were involved with, that they wouldn't have time to tweak their sabers. ;)

You mean why Anakin's would magically transform into the ANH Luke saber ... do you think $$$$ was involved? :rolleyes:

Well in terms of the Luke EE you could have sold it for $700 just to turn around and buy it for $400 or lower after the LE comes out and the market plummets like it already is now just on the news of it...

Jesse

Jesseawilson said:
Well in terms of the Luke EE you could have sold it for $700 just to turn around and buy it for $400 or lower after the LE comes out and the market plummets like it already is now just on the news of it...

I got about $850 for mine, it is nice, but I am actually partial to my Graflex version all things considered. :joy

Darklord Dave said:
I just got a deal on a what will be my first MR lightsabers (not including FX), but I'm a bit confused why people would be selling off their stuff or getting out of collecting them because there's a new version. As I understand it the EE's are a different animal than the LEs and thus it isn't releasing the same thing. Are the CEs going to be just like the LEs?

I can see selling off old ones if the new ones are nicer, but if you like them why get rid of them?

Hey Dave. It is absolutely true that there are significant differences between the Elite Vs. Limited Vs. Collectors lines. The Limited are probably most screen accurate, the Elite are a "luxury materials" line and the Collectors Edition will cut some corners for budget. The frustration comes from the perception that Master Replicas double and triple dips without announcing the full plans for a particular saber in advance. The official response (which I for one believe) is that they simply may not have decided on the full future product plan at the moment one piece is released. They DID for example acknowledge the *possibility* of an LE Luke ANH prior to sale of the Elite, although many bought the Elite 1st fearing it could be the only shot. I for one, got in a bit late and was happy to have a chance at the Luke ROTJ Elite and revamped AT-AT, both of which are amazing, and which I would prefer to the "originals". OTOH, if I had been an original owner, escpecially if I had paid high secondary market rates for the 1st Luke ROTJ, I would be upset to see it devalued, and the edition size effectively altered. For example, the Lurtz Exclusive edition size is 750, which is fairly small. Although this piece is sure to be valueable, it would be much more valueable if the other 2000 or so (?) standard edition were never made. MR consistently overdoes the variants IMO (minis are now reguar, gold, bright chrome, smoke chrome, etc.). Also essentially identical sabers are reproduced frequently as they exist in different episodes -- although this is not to my collecting taste it is NOT a complaint, as there are many who like "evolution" displays that chronicle minor variation and growth of a given hilt. That MR pays enough attention to detail to actually document such things is definitely to their credit, and quality is top notch in my experience. I think the issue is just a bit of a sour taste that collectibility has been damaged with the extensive "rereleases". As I said though, I'm not in much place to complain myself as I've purchased two of the frequently vilified products, and consider them jewels of my overall collection. :peace It's a thin line every collectible company walks, and the confidence and trust of your shoppers in the consistent retainable value of your merchandise has to be paramount.

Back