Movies you hate .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone should be trapped in the Phantom Zone for eternity, its perhaps this person; one of the most annoying men on the planet, and I use the word "man" advisedly - because he portrays a mentally-challenged two-year-old trapped in an adult body with frightening ease.

Not unlike Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzeneggar and Brad Pitt, Sandler portrays the exact same character in every film he is in. In fact, I am fine with consigning ALL of these persons to an unspecified amount of somatic cycles in the Phantom Zone, with the exception of Schwarzeneggar. He gets a pass because I remember the Terminator films fondly.

Go ahead and hate on their movies, but such bollocks needs to be backed up with specific examples, say, how Benjamin Button is a dead ringer for Tyler Durden, or how similar a character Bruce Willis played in both The Sixth Sense and Pulp Fiction, or how Tom Cruise prepared for his role in Tropic Thunder in an identical way to how he prepared for MI3, or Will Smith etc etc.

Ironically, you single out Arnie for a pass, the most narrow talent in the bunch :lol

Everything Adam Sandler has "made" in the last ten years or so.

If anyone should be trapped in the Phantom Zone for eternity, its perhaps this person; one of the most annoying men on the planet, and I use the word "man" advisedly - because he portrays a mentally-challenged two-year-old trapped in an adult body with frightening ease.

Not unlike Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzeneggar and Brad Pitt, Sandler portrays the exact same character in every film he is in. In fact, I am fine with consigning ALL of these persons to an unspecified amount of somatic cycles in the Phantom Zone, with the exception of Schwarzeneggar. He gets a pass because I remember the Terminator films fondly.

It's funny because I hear Adam Sandler is one of the nicest celebrities in Hollywood, the guy is supposed to be one of the coolest dudes in the business.
Too bad he makes such awful movies... :slap

I know right? That movie just ****s racisim all over your face.

:lol actually the problem I had with it was the suspension of disbelief required to imagine that all of the connections that existed between the characters and events could remotely be feasible in any city with a population greater than a few thousand.

I didn't love Brokeback Mountain especially, but that was the movie that should've got the gong.

I'll never understand the scene where racist Matt Dillion can't control his own ****ty prejudice to save his dad's life. Something was really off about that movie.

Go ahead and hate on their movies, but such bollocks needs to be backed up with specific examples, say, how Benjamin Button is a dead ringer for Tyler Durden, or how similar a character Bruce Willis played in both The Sixth Sense and Pulp Fiction, or how Tom Cruise prepared for his role in Tropic Thunder in an identical way to how he prepared for MI3, or Will Smith etc etc.

I am not going to bore you with a dissertation on why these persons need a trip to another dimension in order to spare us all the drivel that passes for their starring vehicles. That would end up being TLDR. Suffice it to say that their modus operandi has been noted.

Ironically, you single out Arnie for a pass, the most narrow talent in the bunch :lol

I am not singling out Arnie because of his "talent." He's singled out due to his personal likeability and to the fact that he starred in one of sci-fi cinema's most seminal classics: the Terminator films.

Neither Cruise, Willis or Smith has achieved that level of customer good will, well maybe Willis did with "Die hard." But otherwise not impressed. Did not Smith just star in yet another underperforming boondoggle of a film? Why yes. I believe that he did. :wink1:

Have you seen Disconnect? It beats you over the head as much as Crash did.

Unless you are talking about the decent Cronenberg one.

No. I'm talking about the one that beats you to death with one point. I don't think i'll watch Disconnect then. I'm pretty good on movies like that.

I will watch Chroenberg's one day. That's the only early film of his I haven't seen.

Back