Movies you disliked but then liked on 2nd viewing...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only one i can think of is Hellboy. I didnt hate it, i just thought it was meh. Liked it more the second time.

I have to agree about Indy IV. I liked it OK on first viewing ... but on second and third, it really is a good movie. If they'd have lost the Tarzan scene, it'd be even better (that really was pathetic). I can forgive the refrigerator because of the awesome image of the silhouetted Indy in front of a mushroom cloud. I'd rank it alongside LC as 2nd best in the series. There are parts of TOD that are great ... but, overall, the plot stunk.

SnakeDoc

Watch a movie for a second time that I didn't like the first time?

Now THAT is a strange concept to me.

Rushmore

and each time I watch "The Big Lebowski" it keeps getting better, so I don't know if that fits too.

and as previously mentioned, Napoleon Dynamite.

Edit: Also, Super Troopers. That movie is hilarious if you give it a chance.

Batman Begins - I'm a big fan of Tim Burton's Batman & Batman Returns so it took me a little while to re-adjust. All fine by 2nd viewing.

Eyes Wide Shut - as it was Kubrick's last film and he also said it was his best, I had very high expectations. Just didn't like it 1st time depsite all the T & A. I did like the music tho. Watched it for the 2nd time, 10 years later, a few weeks ago with my partner of 8 years... I must've grown up a bit since then cos I could relate to it alot more and it restored the fact in my mind that Stan is indeed the man. Music was still great... as was the T & A :monkey3

The Fith Element. Found it dead boring first time, but enjoyed it and got the humour in it on second veiwing.

Chronicles Of Riddick. I thought it was way to long and epic compared to first one on first veiwing, but came round to the idea second time.

The Dark Knight. I had my expectations set far to high after enjoying Begins so much. All the hype for Dark Knight didn't help either. After watching for second time on Blu-ray it was much better.

I have the directors cut on Blu-Ray, which improves the film a lot more, and gives it a much better ending by just giving Riddick those few lines of dialogue at the end.
The Daredevil Directors cut makes that movie much better too

Donnie Darko...first time I turned it off. The second, I actually paid more attention and loved it.

Iron Man - Didn't interest me the first time I saw it but have seen it a couple of times now and it's growing on me.

Hellboy 2- Hated it, the first time but is slowly growing on me (watching it right now actually), Abe's voice still bugs the hell outta me.

Event Horizon- Thought it was rubbish first time, now LOVE it

The Others

POTC

Saving Private Ryan I couldnt get past the first 30mins without feeling ill, but once I did it was worth it.

All I can think of for now.
x :peace

When I saw Saving Private Ryan, it really affected me. When it was over and we went to leave, everyone was quite and I noticed alot of old men just sitting there crying. I got very upset and sobbed so hard I had to hold on to the trash can outside because I thought I might faint. I haven't watched it again since.

When I saw Saving Private Ryan, it really affected me. When it was over and we went to leave, everyone was quite and I noticed alot of old men just sitting there crying. I got very upset and sobbed so hard I had to hold on to the trash can outside because I thought I might faint. I haven't watched it again since.

that's pretty intense, but you should remember that those men who were crying loved that movie so you should try watching it again. It's like when i watched Platoon with my dad the first time, he was a mess afterwords but he loved that movie.

War movies when done right can take a man right back there but that doesn't mean they don't like the film, something we can never truely understand unless we went through it i guess.

Definitely Terminator Salvation. 1st time snooze fest, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th it was great.

Event Horizon

30 Days of Night - boring the 1st time, now it's one of my faves

Believe it or not......The Fellowship of the Ring. I had just broken up with my boyfriend at the time and I really wasn't in to it and thought it was blah. Now the whole Trilogy is my all time favorite.

Same for me, first few times nothing I even fell asleep during the second time but it got better with the extended dvd, now I'm a BIG fan!

Something About Mary and Dumb and Dumber for me. I saw them for the first time while in that typical apathetic high school age where everything is stupid. I didn't laugh at all in either one on the first viewing. Watched them a few years later in college and couldn't stop laughing... maybe alcohol intake had something to do with it? :lol

Back